At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs

There is NEVER any excuse for an Asian, Latinx, Caucasian, or Native American to use that word.

If African Americans want to use it, that is their business.

Whether you like or dislike or are neutral toward African Americans, it is considered an offensive word when used by others, so simply erase it from your vocabulary.

Do NOT just use it in private, either, for it may slip out unwittingly when you are in public, and the consequences could be horrible.

Yes, I know even the most liberal person may emotionally use it in a fit of anger, but -- generally speaking -- make a conscious effort to eradicate it from your vocabulary.
Rules for thee but not for me syndrome. You have it. Seek help.

As someone else pointed out....white folks don't run around calling each other cracker or honky. Mexicans don't greet their friends as wetback or spics. Asians don't tell another asian "hey there slit eyes/gook...I'll have a chowmein and some orange chicken with that order".

Common sense. If its bad, NOBODY use it. Unless yer black?
:rolleyes: :aug08_031:

If its a bad word, NOBODY should use it. No excuses. Period.

Last edited:
Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

He then condoned the use of racial slurs and commented on race relations.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?
It sounds like he is "taking that word back", like black people. Thanks for this heart warming story!

I know you love it, it just gives you courage to one day walk up to a black man and say it.
What are you going to do...chuck a spear at them?
Grow up and act like a man.

Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?
..whites use the N word and blacks use the H word/denigrate whites [ blatantly -even while being recorded ]/etc--so get over it--that's what humans do and always will ....
--that' a HUGE myth = whites are the only evil race
....the N word is not damaging blacks like blacks damage blacks by MURDERING them at HIGH rates

There is NEVER any excuse for an Asian, Latinx, Caucasian, or Native American to use that word.

Whether you like or dislike or are neutral toward African Americans, it is considered an offensive word when used by others, so simply erase it from your vocabulary.

Do NOT just use it in private, either, for it may slip out unwittingly when you are in public, and the consequences could be horrible.

Yes, I know even the most liberal person may emotionally use it in a fit of anger, but -- generally speaking -- make a conscious effort to eradicate it from your vocabulary.
Words cannot be racist. Only thin skinned people think so

A lot of people respectfully disagree with you.

That is why some people were disappointed when President Trump kept using the term "China virus." It only encouraged some bigots to blame Chinese Americans (and Asians in general). This has led to some verbal and physical abuse of Asians, especially by certain folks (whom I shan't name).

We all know that the word under consideration in the OP is considered offensive, so why use it? There is simply no reason.

Why go out of our way to hurt people's feelings? That's why stores have a department for "plus" sizes, not the "fat" or even "large."

Have a nice weekend!

That is why some people were disappointed when President Trump kept using the term "China virus." It only encouraged some bigots to blame Chinese Americans (and Asians in general). This has led to some verbal and physical abuse of Asians, especially by certain folks (whom I shan't name).

We all know that the word under consideration in the OP is considered offensive, so why use it? There is simply no reason.

Why go out of our way to hurt people's feelings? That's why stores have a department for "plus" sizes, not the "fat" or even "large."

Have a nice weekend!
..why do blacks keep denigrating whites??..same old double standard
AND--the BLACK rappers use it ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!

Have a nice weekend!
Karen is a pejorative term for women seeming to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term also refers to memes depicting white women who use their privilege to demand their own way.

it's OK to be offensive to whites but not blacks!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fk that shit double standard--it's fking up the US

Have a nice weekend!
Give it a rest with the "China Virus" crap...
the virus originated in China, it is as simple as that.
Where is the outrage over the Hong Cong Flu or the German Measles. Just more people with thin skin.

Have a nice weekend!
Give it a rest with the "China Virus" crap...
the virus originated in China, it is as simple as that.
Where is the outrage over the Hong Cong Flu or the German Measles. Just more people with thin skin.
or where's the outrage over the term '''WHITE supremacy'''?

Have a nice weekend!
..why do blacks keep denigrating whites??..same old double standard
AND--the BLACK rappers use it ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!

Ah!

You raised a very controversial point, and -- being a lifelong coward-- I am hesitant to touch that hot potato.

But I shall. Timidly.

1. All African Americans do not denigrate Caucasians. Many are very grateful for the changes since the 1960s.

2. Some African Americans do. They are usually activists (who want to get donations for their organizations) or losers (who refuse to accept responsibility for their lot in life).

3. For a few more decades, Caucasians will remain the majority ethnicity.

a. The majority ethnicity is expected to be very generous and understanding and patient with those current minorities that criticize them. Yes, this is a patronizing attitude, but that's life.
b. Those rappers are not considered important enough to care about. They are just silly (and often delinquent) young gentlemen who make a fortune selling that "music" to a lot of silly and foolish Caucasian youths.

This is interesting:

"Mr Hagan, who took the matter to the UN after the High Court found that the term did not breach the Racial Discrimination Act, said he would be lobbying the state Government not to allow the naming of a "N****r" statue."

https://www.news.com.au/national/**...s/news-story/07f124be45d1f8cf4294b97aa4a0295c

Some idiot took it to the High court and LOST!!! He's still trying to get it "banned". He reminds me of some yank racemongers. Only a few tossers care.

Greg

Last edited:

Sob,sob.....sniffle, sniffle.......need a tissue to dry your teeny, tiny tears? Need a sugar teat and diaper change? I see some curling up in the fetal position as you babble incoherently in your future. Leftards are mentally weak i.e "emotional cripples".

Woo hoo a big, bad conservative tough guy. A real bad ass on the internet.

Free Speech - ever heard of it?

That isn't black culture, idiot.
Then what is it? Can you answer without tossing your spear?

You tell me you racist POS.
Yes. I know. Nazi too. Get new material, boy.

Leroy, I think I found you Gracie.

View attachment 451062
Wrong outfit color. I prefer dark blue..maybe sage green.

The ALL white is your color.

It sounds like he is "taking that word back", like black people. Thanks for this heart warming story!

I know you love it, it just gives you courage to one day walk up to a black man and say it.
What are you going to do...chuck a spear at them?
Grow up and act like a man.

Tell you what Karen the next black woman you see walk up and call her that and then report back and tell us if she smiled and shook your hand.

..whites use the N word and blacks use the H word/denigrate whites [ blatantly -even while being recorded ]/etc--so get over it--that's what humans do and always will ....
....the N word is not damaging blacks like blacks damage blacks by MURDERING them at HIGH rates

So how many black men have you called that to their face?

Are you saying black men are violent?

Racist - ever seen any?

Are you saying black men are violent?

Are you saying you are a racist?

Racist - ever seen any?

It's not against the law to be a racist; it's just unseemly to the majority of people. The best way to deal with Racism is for it to be out in the open in a free debate.

BTW, I suspect you are a virulent Racist against white people, so if you wish to silence one side, have some integrity and silence yourself as well.

Forum List

Back