ATF Agents Unexpectedly Visit Man’s Home and Demand to See his Newly Purchased Firearms Without Search Warrant (VIDEO)

From what I've been reading lately, this is becoming a trend, agents showing up to law abiding Citizens properties without warrants to inspect their guns.

This is a lie from an unreliable source.

There is nothing ‘unexpected’ about the visit and the home is not being ‘searched.’

The ATF is responding to having received form 3310.4, Multiple Sale of Pistols & Revolvers, that was sent to ATF by the gun buyer’s FFL pursuant to the Gun Control Act of 1968.

There is nothing unlawful, nefarious, or diabolical going on.

What is going on is more ignorance, stupidity, and lies from the dishonest right.

Wingnuts have opposed every proposal, every reform of law enforcement. They've twisted the meaning of 'Defund the Police' from "stop giving them used military equipment and stop just throwing money at them" into "Democrats want criminals to win". .....

THe Conventional Wisdom of the Left, pushed by the left during hte TRump era, was that cops were actively hunting black males with the intent of randomly murdering them.

That is what MURDER ONE means, and cops were charged with that by dems.

In that world view, cutting funding to zero, to get those armed murderers off the street makes sense.

And thus the name makes complete sense.

What you describe would lead to a slogan like DEMILITARIZE.

It's what you voted for:

Cops out of control
ICE out of control
ATF out of control
Secret Service out of control

Trump to police: 'Please don't be too nice' to suspects

Trumpers: "but...but...we didn't mean US!!!"
4i6Ckte.gif
Biden is your President not mine. You voted for this crap, not me.

Another lie.

No one is being ‘harassed.’
You sure like to throw around the word "lie". How is what I posted a "lie"? I claim that when multiple ATF officers show up at your fkn doorstep WITHOUT A WARRANT, claim that they want to verify a MULTIPLE GUN PURCHASE and then don't even verify what they showed up, that is HARASSMENT. If Cops showed up at your doorstep demanding to see this or that without a warrant, you'd throw a fit and rightly so.

This has been a potential for anyone who purchased multiple firearms at once or more than two firearms in any 30 day period. The ATF has always had this option. They ARE supposed to get a warrant.

THAT, unfortunately, is the only actual legal breach I see in this.

give the COMMUNIST, SCUM, demonRAT agents 5 seconds to get off YOUR property....if they dont leave SHOOT them for trespassing---
Go for it, keyboard warrior

Wingnuts have opposed every proposal, every reform of law enforcement. They've twisted the meaning of 'Defund the Police' from "stop giving them used military equipment and stop just throwing money at them" into "Democrats want criminals to win". They have supported every effort to give law enforcement total power over the citizens, from no-knock break-ins in violation of the Constitution to qualified immunity against lawsuits.

Now they are reaping what they have sowed. Like I said: cry harder.
Because every proposal from libtards is pure stupidity. Because libs are stupid.

You're naive.

Given the nature of the request, the homeowner showing them a single firearm would fall far short of satisfying them. Showing a single firearm in no way proves that you have multiple firearms.
Yes, that is the hinky part of the story. As long as he was offering anyway, and the lack of warrant was not an issue, why not look at the others? If it was because the fact that he offered to bring more convinced the officers that he had them, that is piss poor police work.

Honestly, I don't know how it can be good police work to request that a suspect carry a firearm in your direction. If he was a straw purchaser, what would have prevented him from suddenly shooting both officers and fleeing?
No, they couldn't give a shit about straw purchases. They want to know who owns guns. This is a textbook example of why registration should be done away with...
That's the only thing that makes sense.

Every weapon purchased in a gun shop in America is registered with the ATF frtom the time it leaves the manufacturer to the end user.
The ATF knows where the guns are.

Untrue.

If I go into a gun shop and purchase a handgun, yeah, the sale is recorded and I'm identified as the buyer of such-and-such firearm. But, if I feel compelled to do so, I can give or sell that gun to someone else, and there's absolutely no requirement, at least here in Florida, that I record that sale or report it to anyone.

None. Nada. It doesn't exist...

Yes, that is the hinky part of the story. As long as he was offering anyway, and the lack of warrant was not an issue, why not look at the others? If it was because the fact that he offered to bring more convinced the officers that he had them, that is piss poor police work.

Honestly, I don't know how it can be good police work to request that a suspect carry a firearm in your direction. If he was a straw purchaser, what would have prevented him from suddenly shooting both officers and fleeing?

That's the only thing that makes sense.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe the officer who saw the one gun, and when told that the others were in the house was one of the people who supports the right of others to own guns and didn't want to bother the homeowner any further? He probably took the word of the homeowner because he didn't want to hassle him further. Yes, he would have been well within the law to ask to see all of them. I'm guessing the officer is one who supports people's rights to own guns, which is why he took the word of the homeowner about the other gun. The officer probably thought that the call he was forced to make was a bunch of bullshit.

It's what you voted for:

Cops out of control
ICE out of control
ATF out of control
Secret Service out of control

Trump to police: 'Please don't be too nice' to suspects

Trumpers: "but...but...we didn't mean US!!!"
4i6Ckte.gif
Are you off your medication?
Every weapon purchased in a gun shop in America is registered with the ATF frtom the time it leaves the manufacturer to the end user.
The ATF knows where the guns are.
Where they WERE, maybe.

From what I've been reading lately, this is becoming a trend, agents showing up to law abiding Citizens properties without warrants to inspect their guns.

Without a warrant then they are nothing more than common street thugs.

Yeah, this happened to us many years ago. Two police showed up at 8:30 at night and asked to see my husbands documentation, permit, to raise pheasants!! He had everything properly and they went away without taking a trek to the barn --------------- we have NEVER understood that! NO IDEA what was going on.

Until this moment, thanx, it never occurred to me that we could just have said, get a warrant. Ha, I will if anything like it happens again.

Forum List

Back