Atheists don't believe in God or gods but they have no alternative theories that make sense...

...as to how the universe came to exist or how humans became aware of our own existence.

And I've tried to get answers from atheists, but none are forthcoming.

They do like to mock those of us who do believe in God or gods, as if somehow mockery can make up for lack of answers.

And I do anticipate that they will simply do that in this thread, mock and ridicule.

Man oh man….do I hope someone else has not posted this yet:

The universe didn't get here by itself.

That's my proof of God.

Hydrogen is the most abundant resource in the universe.

That's my proof there is no god.
How does that prove there is no God.

Think about it. Are you capable?
There is no amount of capable to make sense of crazy. Are you capable?

Yep. But apparently, you're a troll. Happy Trails.

YOU are claiming that equal amounts of positive energy and negative energy IS "nothing."
False. I neither made nor implied any such thing. I said it is net zero energy.
Energy cannot be created therefore you cannot create equal amounts of energy, or unequal amounts of energy for that matter!
Sure you can, when the result is still zero energy. You just create energy and negative energy, in equal parts.
But that is not what physicists are suggesting, when they deem it possible that the universe may have net energy of zero. They are suggesting an entire universe can, indeed, spring from "nothing".
Which is to say it is not nothing right now. So, precisely the opposite of what you claim i implied. You aren't even following my posts well, much less this complicated topic.
No, to say "spring from nothing" means it was nothing BEFORE right now.
Just like you are not following what science says, you are not even following what YOU yourself post!!!!!

It is an absolute certainty that each universe will ultimately reach thermal equilibrium even if it crunches and then expands.
I already proved to you in another thread that the only temperature for thermal equilibrium, the temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, is absolute zero, the temperature at which all motion stops and kinetic energy is the energy of motion that does work, and the TLoT says it is impossible to reach absolute zero in the real physical world.
So it is an absolute certainty that no universe will reach thermal equilibrium.

So as energy was created through a quantum tunneling event the gravity was exactly balancing it such that the net energy of the universe is zero.
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

Furthermore, as energy and matter convert from one form to another usable energy is lost. This does not mean it was destroyed. It still exists in the mass balance to maintain a net energy of zero. What it does mean is that the universe is equilibrating it’s temperature.
The energy lost is converted to heat, heat has no mass therefore it cannot contribute to the offsetting gravitational energy you speak of. Heat does accelerate motion and kinetic energy, the energy of motion, can and does do work and therefore IS usable energy.

He doesn’t understand that it is not possible for energy and matter to have existed forever without reaching thermal equilibrium.

He doesn’t understand that if that matter and energy came from somewhere else and had existed forever that it would be the exact same situation as if it had existed forever here.

Therefore, the only way we can honor all laws is for energy to have a beginning. There is no other option.
Again, thermal equilibrium in the real physical universe is impossible as long as there is motion, and there is no real world temperature at which all motion stops, that is the TLoT.

Energy having a beginning violates the FLoT.

Again, thermal equilibrium in the real physical universe is impossible as long as there is motion, and there is no real world temperature at which all motion stops, that is the TLoT.
But the whole point is we DON'T KNOW about something other than the real physical universe, ie, before the real physical universe happened.

Last edited:
The universe didn't get here by itself.

That's my proof of God.

Hydrogen is the most abundant resource in the universe.

That's my proof there is no god.
How does that prove there is no God.

Think about it. Are you capable?
There is no amount of capable to make sense of crazy. Are you capable?

Yep. But apparently, you're a troll. Happy Trails.
Who isn’t. :dunno:

Wise decision.

It is an absolute certainty that each universe will ultimately reach thermal equilibrium even if it crunches and then expands.
I already proved to you in another thread that the only temperature for thermal equilibrium, the temperature at which there is no usable energy to do work, is absolute zero, the temperature at which all motion stops and kinetic energy is the energy of motion that does work, and the TLoT says it is impossible to reach absolute zero in the real physical world.
So it is an absolute certainty that no universe will reach thermal equilibrium.
Thermal equilibrium does not mean absolute zero. It means uniform temperature. Which is the point where heat will no longer flow because there are no objects which are hotter than others for heat to flow from.

YOU are claiming that equal amounts of positive energy and negative energy IS "nothing."
False. I neither made nor implied any such thing. I said it is net zero energy.
Energy cannot be created therefore you cannot create equal amounts of energy, or unequal amounts of energy for that matter!
Sure you can, when the result is still zero energy. You just create energy and negative energy, in equal parts.
But that is not what physicists are suggesting, when they deem it possible that the universe may have net energy of zero. They are suggesting an entire universe can, indeed, spring from "nothing".
Which is to say it is not nothing right now. So, precisely the opposite of what you claim i implied. You aren't even following my posts well, much less this complicated topic.
No, to say "spring from nothing" means it was nothing BEFORE right now.
Just like you are not following what science says, you are not even following what YOU yourself post!!!!!
That doesn’t even make any sense. Do you have a link where someone makes this claim?

We don't know 'why' the universe is as it is. We don't know if asking "why?" is even a correct question to ask. We may be incapable of understanding 'everything'.
'God' may be a useful metaphor, but only if it is remembered to be metaphor. 'God' would necessarily be beyond any human image-ing.

So as energy was created through a quantum tunneling event the gravity was exactly balancing it such that the net energy of the universe is zero.
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.
Yes, after the quantum tunneling event which created space and time. But during the quantum tunneling event the net energy of the universe was zero because the positive energy of the matter was balanced by the negative energy of the gravity created by the matter. Effectively the universe is a free body diagram where the sum of the forces equals zero.

Furthermore, as energy and matter convert from one form to another usable energy is lost. This does not mean it was destroyed. It still exists in the mass balance to maintain a net energy of zero. What it does mean is that the universe is equilibrating it’s temperature.
The energy lost is converted to heat, heat has no mass therefore it cannot contribute to the offsetting gravitational energy you speak of. Heat does accelerate motion and kinetic energy, the energy of motion, can and does do work and therefore IS usable energy.
Exactly, energy which is not useable - which is heat that is lost in the conversation of energy to work - has no mass which is why there is no change in gravitational energy and is why there is no change in the net energy of the universe which is zero. It is worth stating that useable energy has no mass either, Ed.

Potential, Kinetic, Free, and Activation Energy | Boundless Biology

Last edited:
He doesn’t understand that it is not possible for energy and matter to have existed forever without reaching thermal equilibrium.

He doesn’t understand that if that matter and energy came from somewhere else and had existed forever that it would be the exact same situation as if it had existed forever here.

Therefore, the only way we can honor all laws is for energy to have a beginning. There is no other option.

Energy having a beginning violates the FLoT.
Ed, you are talking about atomic motion or the vibrations of the atoms which will cease at absolute zero which is impossible to be achieved because before that occurs all heat transfer ceases because objects will reach a uniform temperature at some temperature above absolute zero.

The motion of objects will cease before the temperature of the universe reaches absolute zero. The vibration of atoms will not cease but no work can be done because no useable energy remains.

Forum List

Back