Auto refresh is incredibly annoying, and taxing on the server. So I imagine then, the reason is to change the ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
I absolutely hate the front page auto refresh.
You are scrolling slowly down the threads to see something you may want to click on... and presto!... the page refreshes and half the page is gone.

You are scrolling slowly down the threads to see something you may want to click on... and presto!... the page refreshes and half the page is gone.
On the phone, right? It is annoying.

Sure. That, and worse, the vulgar and grossly sexualized content. This site has the most intrusive content and the grossest of any place I've been on the Internet.

Annoyed the shit out of me too....You can turn it off, though....Click the little blue button with the white square in it on the left hand side of the page.

Eh?
Do you mean ads?
I don't see them. This site is unusable without ad blockers.
You know, you've really got a point there. I had one for awhile, but the ad blockers were the worst at pop-up ads and intrusions all the time!! To get renewals. But it is nearly unusable, that one that comes up from the bottom every few seconds and the gross disgusting ads at top right. I can't imagine who would ever click on one of those!

You know, you've really got a point there. I had one for awhile, but the ad blockers were the worst at pop-up ads and intrusions all the time!! To get renewals. But it is nearly unusable, that one that comes up from the bottom every few seconds and the gross disgusting ads at top right. I can't imagine who would ever click on one of those!
Download Brave browser. It is built on Chromium. It is essentially Chrome with add ons pre-installed, and some customizations. It comes preloaded with an ad blocker that works well.
I never see ads here.

I'm way ahead of you.

There is not any circumstance that I can think of, under which I would ever want a page of this type to “refresh” while I am reading it or working my way through it, nor can I comprehend the level of devastating, drug-induced brain damage that it would take to think that this is a good idea.

I can temporarily disable it, by clicking on the icon circled here in green, but it always eventually turns on again.

Is there anyway, on your end, that this feature bug can be completely and permanently disabled?

View attachment 331709

And while you're at it, any hope of ever getting Tapatalk support enabled again, or anything else to again make this forum usable from mobile devices?

Yep, I quit using it.

It's also aggregating as all get out when you are typing a response to a thread and a that green bar pops-up asking if you want to view someone else's post. Whoever thought of that one should be horsewhipped.

To add insult to injury the next key you hit will send you to another page half the time.....Fuck!

It's also aggregating as all get out when you are typing a response to a thread and a that green bar pops-up asking if you want to view someone else's post. Whoever thought of that one should be horsewhipped.

Yes, I agree.

It happens too often that that pops up, just as I am about to click on something below it, causing my click to land on something other than what I meant to click.

Yep, I quit using it.

To add insult to injury the next key you hit will send you to another page half the time.....Fuck!
The site is monetized. It is all about the page views, in anyway they can get them.
I get that. It cost money to have a forum, and companies have to make profit.

The site is monetized. It is all about the page views, in anyway they can get them.
I get that. It cost money to have a forum, and companies have to make profit.
Meh, I've seen worse....This site is like the wild west when compared to another I frequent that was bought-out and went semi-woke.

3j9umm.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back