Bank repossesses wrong house

I knew a guy back in Michigan who used to post "for sale by owner" signs in front of summer cottages after the season ended and the real owners had boarded them up for winter. He'd break in, change the the front door lock, drop an ad in the Detroit Free Press on a Friday and wait. When a fish bit, he'd drive up to the cabin, show them around, and get deposit money to "hold" the property until the title company opened Monday morning. Of course by the time Monday morning rolled around he'd moved on to another lake. There's a lot of lakes and a whole lotta cabins in the Michigan north country and far as I know he never got caught at it. :lol:

Banks are the worst. Since they are being difficult with her, I hope she takes them to the cleaners.

what the bank did is not only criminally illegal, but is definitely against civil laws.

i can't believe the police did nothing. that is outrageous. the bank should be sued and for punitive damages

what the bank did is not only criminally illegal, but is definitely against civil laws.

i can't believe the police did nothing. that is outrageous. the bank should be sued and for punitive damages

Actually, it violated this woman's 4th Amendment rights. She has a good case to sue the pants off of these guys.

There's MILLIONS of housing units that are in the same boat. MERS robo-signed many documents making them fraudulent AND the Banks sold all the subprime mortages as Bundled Securities! With Triple A Ratings! MANY TIMES OVER!

The fraud is estimated to be 1.6 TRILLION world wide!

But what do more Americans care about? The new Royal Demon Spawn!

4th aendment lol. Put the pipe down man. But they are gonna be paying some coin over this.

4th aendment lol. Put the pipe down man. But they are gonna be paying some coin over this.

Nope. No need to put the pipe anywhere. It was a wrongful seizure. A breach of her Fourth Amendment rights. A citizen shall "be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures."

Yeah the bank is not a government. Seeing as you don't understand that there's no point in continuing to discuss it.

Yeah the bank is not a government. Seeing as you don't understand that there's no point in continuing to discuss it.

Hey, I'm not the one running off hotshot. Who said the Constitution specifically applied to the government? As far as I know you can sue anyone for violating your constitutional rights, including a corporation who wrongly seized on your property.

What you don't do is study the law. I make it a habit.

42 USC § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

And under applicable tort laws, she can sue BOA for violating her 4th Amendment rights by illegally seizing her property.

Don't pick fights you can't win, Politico.

Last edited:
Interesting.........................those who usually say that greed is good are the ones trumpeting for the rights of the homeowner.

Yeah................banks are bad, and there are several that are among the worst. Goldman Sachs is one that comes to mind readily.

So does Bank of America, and banks don't care about the little people, because they're the easiest to steal from because they can't afford the overpriced lawyers.

Corporations and banks can.

Hey, I'm not the one running off hotshot. Who said the Constitution specifically applied to the government? As far as I know you can sue anyone for violating your constitutional rights, including a corporation who wrongly seized on your property.

What you don't do is study the law. I make it a habit.

42 USC § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights

Every person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer’s judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

And under applicable tort laws, she can sue BOA for violating her 4th Amendment rights by illegally seizing her property.

Don't pick fights you can't win, Politico.

If her lawsuit is based on the fourth come back 'hotshot'. Until then blah blah.

I knew a guy back in Michigan who used to post "for sale by owner" signs in front of summer cottages after the season ended and the real owners had boarded them up for winter. He'd break in, change the the front door lock, drop an ad in the Detroit Free Press on a Friday and wait. When a fish bit, he'd drive up to the cabin, show them around, and get deposit money to "hold" the property until the title company opened Monday morning. Of course by the time Monday morning rolled around he'd moved on to another lake. There's a lot of lakes and a whole lotta cabins in the Michigan north country and far as I know he never got caught at it. :lol:

That isn't funny at all.

That isn't funny at all.

So cry yourself to sleep, Achmed. :lol:

Forum List

Back