Coffee shop employees protesting business closure after they unionized

Just an FYI, I usually pass over resumes that show many jobs in a short time span, not worth training if they leave jobs every 2 years or more.
Why should a worker stay and work for you when there are better paying much better places to work for?

"I am pretty crushed, especially when it's such a blatant response to our union process." - No shit. They closed because they can't afford a union.

These shops were already operating at a loss, and paying decent wages plus health, dental, and vision benefits.

With tips, Alabiso said, employees made anywhere from $15 to $20 per hour, but tips were inconsistent based on the time of year. Most employees' base pay started around $9 or $10 hourly, she said. Her base pay was $13 – among the highest. Feibush said employees made $20 to $25 hourly including salary, tips and benefits.

"Personally, it's all been very shocking," Alabiso said. "I was not expecting this at all, I wasn't expecting for us to not even get into bargaining."

You were bargaining, and you lost. You forgot about the "walk away" option. How's that union treating you now?

FAFO

Why should a worker stay and work for you when there are better paying much better places to work for?
They can do what they want, I am telling you if I have a choice to hire an employee with long term potential, I am taking them over a guy that switches jobs every few months. Most companies will hire the long term employee over a short timer, the cost of hiring and training is something they look at.

Like I said it is, do what you want, but companies look at that and it is normally a red flag not to hire them.

No, we can blame 50 years of bad economic policy, starting with Nixon.
Any economic policies were and are hamstrung from the Lyndon Johnson Great Society and other revenue ways era and Ted Kennedy's Immigration legislation initiative. There was a malaise in the 1970's for a few reasons.

Forum List

Back