Barber shop fined $750 for not cutting woman's hair

When I was much younger and would go into a barber shop, on wall would be a large poster depicting the men's styles of the era. If he doesn't have one, he should have or make one and then point to the sign and ask which men's style when a woman enters and wants a haircut. If she starts complaining about wanting hair-coloring, a perm, or some other style he doesn't do, he could say, "you teach me and I'll give it a try on you, if I have the equipment." By offering to "give it a try," she would have lost in court.

When I was much younger and would go into a barber shop, on wall would be a large poster depicting the men's styles of the era. If he doesn't have one, he should have or make one and then point to the sign and ask which men's style when a woman enters and wants a haircut. If she starts complaining about wanting hair-coloring, a perm, or some other style he doesn't do, he could say, "you teach me and I'll give it a try on you, if I have the equipment." By offering to "give it a try," she would have lost in court.
so you think she went in there and asked him for a style or service that he doesn't offer?
the article says she asked for a men's cut.

Last edited:
Its DUMB. I have NEVER wanted to go to a woman's salon to get my hair cut and my wife has NEVER wanted to go to a barber shop. Just an idiot trying to cause problems. Hell I cut my own hair because I am going bald I just cut it all off and wife and kids go to the cosmetology school where its 5$.
I refuse to go to those foo-foo styling salons pretending to be barbershops where a female barber shampoos your hair before your haircut. Female barbers don't know how to cut men's hair anyway - certainly they can't manage a flat top.. If there's no animal heads mounted on the walls, girly magazines in a spot the little boys can't reach and the hint of flatulence in the air, nobody's putting a pair of scissors near my head.

Last edited:
How sexist that she did not want to go to the beauty shop.
Its DUMB. I have NEVER wanted to go to a woman's salon to get my hair cut and my wife has NEVER wanted to go to a barber shop. Just an idiot trying to cause problems. Hell I cut my own hair because I am going bald I just cut it all off and wife and kids go to the cosmetology school where its 5$.

I would cringe when I heard the clipper from the bathroom. Some men do not look good with a stubble head. At least use the three quarter inch attachment.
Not all men can pull off the shaved head either.

bee

I would cringe when I heard the clipper from the bathroom. Some men do not look good with a stubble head. At least use the three quarter inch attachment.
Been doing it for 10 years now...even before I started going bald I was shaving my head down to stubble....easier to deal with.

bee

Been doing it for 10 years now...even before I started going bald I was shaving my head down to stubble....easier to deal with.
possibly the only thing i have in common with odium. one $10 set of clippers and no guard gives me a lot of haircuts

bee

possibly the only thing i have in common with odium. one $10 set of clippers and no guard gives me a lot of haircuts
Hell it's part of what I asked for,for christmas. Parents got me that and a book.

bee

Hell it's part of what I asked for,for christmas. Parents got me that and a book.
when i was 17 in high school i was getting a cut from the shop in town. about halfway through the cut she says to me "guess i won't be cutting your hair for much longer" to which i said "because i'm going to be leaving for college?" and she said "no"

^^^ I don't know about that. So many people dye their hair these days that do such a thing could end up being a favor no matter what the barber's intention is.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I once saw a woman with pink hair and no it was not Halloween.

Forum List

Back