🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Baseball 2014!

Go Braves!

3kgwjp6heowkeg3w8zoow9ggy.gif

Ha, all that trash talk. We have El Oso Blanco and the best shortstop in baseball.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I'm lovin' his .248 batting average :lmao: :laugh:

Better than any b.s. nats catcher. Maybe you might remember Gattis hitting this helmet high 97 mph Strasburg fastball out of Nationals Stadium. I guess he is part of the reason the Braves beat the Nats 14 out of 18 games last year. The nats were the Braves bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, all that trash talk. We have El Oso Blanco and the best shortstop in baseball.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I'm lovin' his .248 batting average :lmao: :laugh:

Don't start me on sabermetrics, my friend. One thing nobody on this board knows about me is that I'm a baseball freak. I will run you under the table with sabermetric stats, both defensive and offensive.

Last edited:
And by the way, where's YOUR Gold Glove shortstop, Old School? Ian Desmond might have won the Silver Slugger, but Andrelton won a Gold Glove. Consider this for a moment.

Simmons had a WAR (Wins Above Replacement) of 6.8, Desmond a 5.0. Simmons had a +41 DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) in 2013, the highest total for any shortstop in the previous decade. Ian Desmond? Just 28.

So, like I said before, we have the best shortstop in baseball. Any questions?

Last edited:
I'm still pissed about the Robinson Cano deal.

And I'm expecting a protracted drought for the Yankees.

Don't count out the Yankees. They'll be fairly solid this year. You think Jeter's not going out with a bang?

Yes...the BANG of his knee/ankle/back/shoulder exploding. He's been a liability in the field for years now, and unless he's a full-time DH, I don't see him managing even 85 games. 40 year old shortstops just don't hold up. I would not be at all surprised to see NY sign Stephen Drew.

I'm still pissed about the Robinson Cano deal.

And I'm expecting a protracted drought for the Yankees.

I'm really glad the New York yukees lost Cano. They've been stealing players from the Beaners since the Bamino. This year they stole Ellsbury. Fuck that traitor.

Everyone knew Ellsbury was gone. Everyone knew in 2008 that Ells was gone after 2013. Not at all surprising, entirely expected...it will probably end up biting the Yankees in the ass, like most mega-deals.

Last edited:
And by the way, where's YOUR Gold Glove shortstop, Old School? Ian Desmond might have won the Silver Slugger, but Andrelton won a Gold Glove. Consider this for a moment.

Simmons had a WAR (Wins Above Replacement) of 6.8, Desmond a 5.0. Simmons had a +41 DRS (Defensive Runs Saved) in 2013, the highest total for any shortstop in the previous decade. Ian Desmond? Just 28.

So, like I said before, we have the best shortstop in baseball. Any questions?

Yeah: when will you admit that Alex Gonzalez is the best defensive shortstop...maybe, the best defensive shortstop, period? I saw him play in Boston.

Oh. My. God. If I were a pitcher (especially a sinker-baller, like Derek Lowe), I would privately tell my team's GM that I don't care what it costs, I don't care if he hits .215, I don't care if I have to pay his damn salary myself: I want him behind me when I pitch! He makes tough plays look routine, really tough plays look routine, and near-impossible plays look...well, routine. The only other ones I would put in the same category would be Pokey Reese and Ozzie Smith.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back