Bat shit crazy Elizabeth is at it again, now she wants to take over companies.

and without the employees no revenue would be made at all.

they deserve to be fairly compensated.

now, agreed : a higher minimum wage is a liability in a flexible economy like capitalism..

but US corporations just got their tax-rate slashed big-time, a fair percentage of that tax-cut should go directly into a higher minimum wage.

Once again you can not legistrate morality..

now, agreed : a higher minimum wage is a liability in a flexible economy like capitalism..

but US corporations just got their tax-rate slashed big-time, a fair percentage of that tax-cut should go directly into a higher minimum wage.

Employees are a dime a dozen, especially those that think like you.

What if we made a minimum Wage law for the big corporations like the ones targeted in the OPs bill. They are making over a billion a year, they can afford it. This way the small businesses aren’t negatively impacted. Fair compromise?

Yeah, that might well be better than trying to make execs out of workers.

Directors are not executives. Directors are intended to advisors to corporation and the voice of the shareholders.

As someone who has worked in corporate law and understands the rules and processes of corporate governance, I really like Warren’s idea of putting employees on the boards.

I dont think they should have 40% of the seats on the board. If enough of the shareholders’ directors were absent from a meeting where a quorum was present, 40% of the Directors could form a majority of the quorum and fire the president. (20 Directors with 15 to form a quorum. Employees have 8. If only 7 shareholders directors attend, the employee votes form the majority).

The employees should never have enough votes to form a quorum under any circumstances. But on a 20 seat board, I think three is a good number.

[
Once again you can not legistrate morality..

you can, and you should.

Employees are a dime a dozen, especially those that think like you..

ah, the arrogance of the more vocal (supporters of the) rich, properly revealed, for all to see.
thanks.

What's your idea of decent ? Once again $15 bucks an hour in Seattle is like $1.75 in Alabama ..

Anything that allows a single mother to raise at least 2 kids by herself in comfort, working only 40 hours a week.

back to basics, rich greedy fuckers.

Directors are not executives. Directors are intended to advisors to corporation and the voice of the shareholders.

As someone who has worked in corporate law and understands the rules and processes of corporate governance, I really like Warren’s idea of putting employees on the boards.

I dont think they should have 40% of the seats on the board. If enough of the shareholders’ directors were absent from a meeting where a quorum was present, 40% of the Directors could form a majority of the quorum and fire the president. (20 Directors with 15 to form a quorum. Employees have 8. If only 7 shareholders directors attend, the employee votes form the majority).

The employees should never have enough votes to form a quorum under any circumstances. But on a 20 seat board, I think three is a good number.

yeah sure.. that's like castrating the entire idea of restoring the economic health of the middle class.
giving people something meaningless hoping they'll think it'll make a difference in their lives.

All people deserve to be fairly compensated.. The question is, what is fair and who decides what is fair? In a capitalist society, the employer and the employee agree on what is fair. If you are not involved in the transaction, then you have no say in the outcome.

Employees are a dime a dozen, especially those that think like you.

That’s why we need workers on the boards. Because this is exactly the management attitude towards employees. They’re not viewed as integral to the success of your business. Except that in reality they are.

Walmart learned the hard way. After years of treated employees as disposable, paying them as little as possible and expecting workers to subsidize their meager earnings with public assistance, employees were broke demoralized and fed up. It reflected in their work.

Shoppers reported that they found Walmart staff stressed and unhelpful. Sales declined. Walmart gave raises to increase employee satisfaction and improve attitudes.

Studies show they did the right thing.

http://www.esa.doc.gov/sites/defaul...ncrease-productivity-among-other-benefits.pdf

It’s amazing to me that people needs studies to figure basic shit like this out. It’s common sense.

The government wouldn't run it, all I see is a badly needed increase in employee power. The middle class is sinking into poverty too much.

As you know, it is true the middle class is shrinking but those moving out of the middle class are moving into higher income levels.

All people deserve to be fairly compensated.. The question is, what is fair and who decides what is fair? In a capitalist society, the employer and the employee agree on what is fair. If you are not involved in the transaction, then you have no say in the outcome.

That’s not true. In a capitalistic society, the employer and the employee do not decide what’s fair. In a capitalistic society, the employer holds all the power. The employee can take it or leave it. The average worker has little to no leverage. That’s why they formed unions.

Minimum wage and employment standards laws are meant to address that power imbalance and guarantee workers a minimum level of pay and the safe working condition, neither of which were in common practice prior to their passage.

That’s why we need workers on the boards. Because this is exactly the management attitude towards employees. They’re not viewed as integral to the success of your business. Except that in reality they are.

Walmart learned the hard way. After years of treated employees as disposable, paying them as little as possible and expecting workers to subsidize their meager earnings with public assistance, employees were broke demoralized and fed up. It reflected in their work.

Shoppers reported that they found Walmart staff stressed and unhelpful. Sales declined. Walmart gave raises to increase employee satisfaction and improve attitudes.

http://www.esa.doc.gov/sites/defaul...ncrease-productivity-among-other-benefits.pdf

It’s amazing to me that people needs studies to figure basic shit like this out. It’s common sense.

Nowhere does your source and link refer to Walmart.

Your post is a lie.

Because she is a Marxist and her entire party is committed to Marxism.

She is just Virtue Signaling to her base. She knows this bill will go nowhere. The Democrats pretend to hate those evil corporations, yet most of them are run by Leftist Democrats, and donate to Democrats.

Remember when Hillary was pushing for a "Windfall Profits Tax" for the Oil Companies when she was Senator?

Nowhere does your source and link refer to Walmart.

Your post is a lie.

The source link wasn’t intended to mention Walmart. It was to reinforce the point.

Before you call someone a liar asshat, you would be well advised to check YOUR FACTS. Google is your friend. Otherwise you look like a snooty little asshole. Oh wait. Too late.

Imagine That! Walmart Pays Workers Better and the Shopping Experience Improves

The corporations wouldn’t even exist if not for the government which authorized the incorporation and established the laws under which they function in the first place. Corporations are the creation of government and as such the government has every right to set the rules and laws which govern them.

Corporations are the biggest users of government infrastructure and services in the country.

In order for corporations to be successful, they require an educated work force, a stable and secure government, and protection for intellectual property and inventions. All of which are provided by government.

Wrong again Dragonlady. The government has limits on what they can do to a corporation, or you, because of our Constitution.

Corporations pay huge taxes in their respective communities in property taxes. Each of their employees, paid by the company, pay property taxes as well and they also pay sales taxes.

The 75% agreement to donate to a politician or political party is to me, an end around to stop companies making donations to the GOP and it is pretty blatant attempt. Should the government also make the same law on unions? They claim to be for the worker, so 75% for all union employees would make sure the vested interest is carried out?

The other issue is billion dollar companies to, 100 million next, 10 million next then 5 million and a continuous drop. Also if employees are to get a say, do they share in the risk? Seems fair.

The 75% agreement to donate to a politician or political party is to me, an end around to stop companies making donations to the GOP and it is pretty blatant attempt.

Exactly.

Should the government also make the same law on unions?

No, the government should make that law for government.
No new law, tax or regulation unless you get a 75% vote in both the House and Senate.

Also if employees are to get a say, do they share in the risk? Seems fair.

Exactly. Give employees half their salary as stock and make them hold it for 5 years.

Employees already share the risk. If bad decisions are made and the company fails, they lose their jobs.

I have owned businesses and I have worked for others, there is a hell of a lot more risk in owning a business. If your company doesn’t succeed you are thousands to millions in debt. I work for someone else because at the end of the day, I don’t have the worry or stress and if I get another venture going, I won’t hire anyone, the headaches and laws that burden you are not worth the risk, for me. Employees don’t even have a clue to what risk is, that is why they are employees.

Marxism is the Stormy Daniels' Equivalent of being given a Government Issued Horse Sized Vibrator without the Batteries.

And if you want The Batteries, you have to go through an Anal Cavity Search, and an IRS Audit.

Now, most Liberals, Democrats, & Stormy Daniels would totally love that.

Most Freedom Loving Americans would not.

Personally, I have found an anal cavity search and an IRS Audit are one and the same.

Cross that bridge when we get there. Right now this bill is for the big dogs and has nothing to do with smaller companies. Why don’t you just talk about that?

The slippery slope arguments get real old

There is not a snowballs chance that it will get any further than this thread.

Which government program and oversight and diminished over time?

The government wouldn't run it, all I see is a badly needed increase in employee power. The middle class is sinking into poverty too much.

As you know, it is true the middle class is shrinking but those moving out of the middle class are moving into higher income levels.

Not true. The middle class is definitely shrinking, but people are falling out of the middle class into the working class than are joining ranks of the wealthy.

America’s middle class is shrinking. So who’s leaving it?

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

This could drive many companies out of business and leave workers holding the bag.

What a load of shit.

Works in Germany and they had a record surplus last year while the Trumpets are over the moon at borrowing 1 trillion...

Germany didn't have a minimum wage law til 2015 and your point being?

What if we made a minimum Wage law for the big corporations like the ones targeted in the OPs bill. They are making over a billion a year, they can afford it. This way the small businesses aren’t negatively impacted. Fair compromise?

The small business would be negatively impacted, unless the small businesses paid the same wage as the billion dollar companies they won’t get the same quality workers. Fair compromise would keep keeping the status quo. This would bill would favor the Democratic Party by stipulating that big corps can’t donate unless stakeholders approve at 75%. Why doesn’t she purpose forcing unions to do the same? Because she know there would be no money going to the Democratic Party. The employee doesn’t share the same risk as the employer. Then over the years we will watch the amount drop all the way down to companies grossing over 250,000.

It is a dangerous idea that would give government more control of a business.

Forum List

Back