Bbc picked up the Dearborn heights shooting: new trayvon

I dunno - as much as I would like to defend this guy, why did he point the gun at her? You don't point a gun at anyone unless you are planing to shoot them.

Also, was she shot inside or out? Outside is going to be a tough one for the jury to swallow.

He said he accidentally shot her in conjunction with fearing a burglary. Not a murder conviction, this liberal outrage

If the jury believes even slightly that it was an accident, to be reasonable doubt, then not guilty .

If the jury believes even slightly that it was an accident, to be reasonable doubt, then not guilty .

Depends on the charge.

Murder 1? Probably, as it would be difficult to show any degree of premeditation.

Negligent Homicide? Not as likely because it is negligent to point a shotgun at someones face with your finger on the trigger and then say the discharge was accidental (i.e. the "oops I slipped" defense) and even if it was "accidental" that does not absolve the individual for the negligent action of pointing a gun at someones face with your finger on the trigger.

>>>>

Last edited:

If you shot someone because you were pointing a gun at them - how is that an "accident?"

Why was he face to face with her? Did he go outside to confront her?

I shot myself with a BB gun, pointed it at myself and I had no intention for it to shoot but it accidentally did

If he reasonably believed she was a burglar Snd he felt his life I. Danger then he would be allowed to shoot her, but not accidentally shoot her if he felt his life were in danger?

I shot myself with a BB gun, pointed it at myself and I had no intention for it to shoot but it accidentally did

Has nothing to do with negligent homicide.

However, I'm pretty sure if the homeowner had pointed the shotgun at his own face and pulled the trigger "accidentally" killing himself then the likelihood of his being charged is pretty low.

>>>>

1. Lets wait until the facts are in, all if them.
2. Lets stop repeating the blatantly stupid line that you don't point a gun at someone if you aren't going to shoot. If I can run someone off simply by showing the the business end of my gun, that is preferable to pulling the trigger.

If he reasonably believed she was a burglar Snd he felt his life I. Danger then he would be allowed to shoot her, but not accidentally shoot her if he felt his life were in danger?

That is the question to be investigated and a determination made and that is whether his action were "reasonable".

Is there any indication that the person was attempting a burglary? Is there any indication that the person presented a threat? Where was the body found, in the house or outside? Did the homeowner exit the house to enable him to point the gun at her face with his finger in the trigger to "accidentally" discharge it?

Not saying anything one way or the other, as we don't have enough information at this point.

>>>>

That is the question to be investigated and a determination made and that is whether his action were "reasonable".

Is there any indication that the person was attempting a burglary? Is there any indication that the person presented a threat? Where was the body found, in the house or outside? Did the homeowner exit the house to enable him to point the gun at her face with his finger in the trigger to "accidentally" discharge it?

Not saying anything one way or the other, as we don't have enough information at this point.

>>>>

The justice for people will be satisfied with nothing other than a murder verdict

Forum List

Back