Bbc picked up the Dearborn heights shooting: new trayvon

It was at night, he saw a black woman at his door asking for help. Without knowing whether or not she had several men concealed but ready to storm in once he opened the door, the man was in reasonable fear of his life. This is the level of suspicion that the staggering amount of black crime has resulted in

It was at night, he saw a black woman at his door asking for help. Without knowing whether or not she had several men concealed but ready to storm in once he opened the door, the man was in reasonable fear of his life. This is the level of suspicion that the staggering amount of black crime has resulted in

So under that scenario he opens the door and goes out on the porch?

If that was his thought process (black woman on porch with several men concealed nearby) - then he wouldn't have gone on the porch to begin with.

That makes no sense.

>>>>

If that was his thought process (black woman on porch with several men concealed nearby) - then he wouldn't have gone on the porch to begin with.

That makes no sense.

>>>>

He knew he was armed, he might well have gone out on the porch. When people are in those situations it's hard to say exactly what they should have done. During Sandy, a woman and two children knocked on a door for help, no one answered the door because they were afraid and two children died. It's not much different.

If he reasonably believed she was a burglar Snd he felt his life I. Danger then he would be allowed to shoot her, but not accidentally shoot her if he felt his life were in danger?

"HI!, can I come in? I'm a burglar."

He opened the door with his gun in his hand, really?

Then shot a 19 year old girl? Why didn't he just keep the door closed and talk to her? How is anyone defending this?

Wait and see, at least gather a bit more info.

Last edited:

That makes no sense.

>>>>

He knew he was armed, he might well have gone out on the porch. When people are in those situations it's hard to say exactly what they should have done. During Sandy, a woman and two children knocked on a door for help, no one answered the door because they were afraid and two children died. It's not much different.

Yes, It's a lot different. You don't go outside if you think that something bad is going on, you turn on the outside lights and call the police.

He went out on the porch because he was armed??? Sorry, not me. I understand that if some other people were waiting to ambush me, that I would be a sitting duck.

Forum List

Back