Beatle Bashes Bush at White House

When King won the Nobel in 1964 conservatives howled about what a travesty it was. In their view he was tearing America apart at the seams. Mandella had a similar response that he was nothing but a criminal.

Obama's election in 2008 was a historic accomplishment for not just the US but the world. For the Nobel Prize committee to acknowledge it will eventually be considered as a no brainer

it does not matter what fucking Conservatives thought about King and Mandela winning this thing Rw.....those guys did what the prize is supposed to be all about....what does being the first off white guy elected president of the US have to do with winning a Noble Peace Prize?....all that shows is another racial barrier was broken.....what major peace event was brought about because of it,that Obama was directly involved in?.....if they had a prize for minorities in the world accomplishing something of great significance....hey Obama won that award hands down....and in response to your second paragraph... Africa has plenty of Black heads of state....this was an historic moment for just the US....not the world....

The US is the most powerful nation on earth with a historical legacy of racism. Obama getting elected president involved him building a coalition against entrenched resistance to blacks gaining power. The Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world never could have accomplished what Barack Obama did. They were to focused on black issues and were too ethnically black.
Obama managing to get elected as the first black president of the most powerful nation on earth is one of the most significant presidential elections ever. It will have global ramifications. Maybe not today or tomorrow but in the decades to come.
The Nobel committee recognized the significance of his election as well as the right turn the US made away from the policies of Bush/Cheney. It was their decision and I think history will support it as an excellent one

So he got the award for what he may potentially accomplish? LOL

What's ironic is that his long awaited ascendancy has been such a huge failure that it might be 50 more years before Americans trust a black man to be President again.

it does not matter what fucking Conservatives thought about King and Mandela winning this thing Rw.....those guys did what the prize is supposed to be all about....what does being the first off white guy elected president of the US have to do with winning a Noble Peace Prize?....all that shows is another racial barrier was broken.....what major peace event was brought about because of it,that Obama was directly involved in?.....if they had a prize for minorities in the world accomplishing something of great significance....hey Obama won that award hands down....and in response to your second paragraph... Africa has plenty of Black heads of state....this was an historic moment for just the US....not the world....

The US is the most powerful nation on earth with a historical legacy of racism. Obama getting elected president involved him building a coalition against entrenched resistance to blacks gaining power. The Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world never could have accomplished what Barack Obama did. They were to focused on black issues and were too ethnically black.
Obama managing to get elected as the first black president of the most powerful nation on earth is one of the most significant presidential elections ever. It will have global ramifications. Maybe not today or tomorrow but in the decades to come.
The Nobel committee recognized the significance of his election as well as the right turn the US made away from the policies of Bush/Cheney. It was their decision and I think history will support it as an excellent one

What's ironic is that his long awaited ascendancy has been such a huge failure that it might be 50 more years before Americans trust a black man to be President again.

With 6 1/2 years more to establish a legacy we shall see. So far, he has stamped his legacy with the historic helathcare plan. He will have 6 1/2 years to refine the details.
He was handed a nation in an economic freefall. His rapid actions to pass TARP (with Bush), Stimulus and bail out the banks and auto companies prevented a collapse.
Diplomatic breaktroughs with Russia and disarmament will also mark his legacy.

That is one of the most significant first 16 months since FDR. What will come next remains to be seen.
Oil Spill, N Korea, Iran, Israel/Palestine will all help define the remainder of his presidency as well as many unanticipated events.

I still have him pegged as a top 10 President by the time he finishes, slightly ahead of Reagan

With 6 1/2 years more to establish a legacy we shall see. So far, he has stamped his legacy with the historic helathcare plan. He will have 6 1/2 years to refine the details.
He was handed a nation in an economic freefall. His rapid actions to pass TARP (with Bush), Stimulus and bail out the banks and auto companies prevented a collapse.

That is one of the most significant first 16 months since FDR. What will come next remains to be seen.
Oil Spill, N Korea, Iran, Israel/Palestine will all help define the remainder of his presidency as well as many unanticipated events.

I still have him pegged as a top 10 President by the time he finishes, slightly ahead of Reagan

You truly hold out hope that he will win a 2nd term? Oh, and I would say that Bush's first 18 months were pretty damn significant, 9/11 defined his Presidency as no other.

You truly hold out hope that he will win a 2nd term? Oh, and I would say that Bush's first 18 months were pretty damn significant, 9/11 defined his Presidency as no other.

He squandered it with his last several years in office IMO.

I still have alot of respect for him though.

Start naming names....tell me which GOP stiff is capable of defeating him in 2012. Bush's first 16 months were significant....if you consider being attacked significant

Start naming names....tell me which GOP stiff is capable of defeating him in 2012. Bush's first 16 months were significant....if you consider being attacked significant

You don't think 9/11 was significant? It obviously defined his Presidency, there is no telling what kind of President he would have been without 9/11. Personally I suspect he'd have been a poor one, but one doesn't know.

As for GOP candidates that could defeat him in 2012. If the election were held today Bobby Jindhal would cream him. I suspect he'll be the candidate in 2012. I know libbies are hoping that it's Palin, but I'd be shocked if it were.

You don't think 9/11 was significant? It obviously defined his Presidency, there is no telling what kind of President he would have been without 9/11. Personally I suspect he'd have been a poor one, but one doesn't know..

What do you mean "he'd have been a poor one"? No 'had' about it. He was a shocking president. Worst in living memory if not ever....

You don't think 9/11 was significant? It obviously defined his Presidency, there is no telling what kind of President he would have been without 9/11. Personally I suspect he'd have been a poor one, but one doesn't know..

What do you mean "he'd have been a poor one"? No 'had' about it. He was a shocking president. Worst in living memory if not ever....

worst in memory until this one... and honestly you don't know that that would hold true if 9/11 hadn't happened.

You don't think 9/11 was significant? It obviously defined his Presidency, there is no telling what kind of President he would have been without 9/11. Personally I suspect he'd have been a poor one, but one doesn't know.

As for GOP candidates that could defeat him in 2012. If the election were held today Bobby Jindhal would cream him. I suspect he'll be the candidate in 2012. I know libbies are hoping that it's Palin, but I'd be shocked if it were.

Palin will not be the Republican candidate. Jindahl is a possibility, but only if he gets a better speech writer than that disaster he had a year or so ago. I'm sure in the next year or so a few others will move forward.

worst in memory until this one... and honestly you don't know that that would hold true if 9/11 hadn't happened.

Bush is not even half the president Obama is, and that's not saying much. I thought Bush was useless when he announced his intent to run in 1999 and nothing he has done since has changed my mind...He was a shocker in every sense of the word. 9-11 had nothing to do with it. In fact, I could make a good case it might never have happened if he had not been president.

I remember seeing a doco on him before he ran, and I thought "the US public is far too intelligent to elect such an incurious imbecile to the top job"..God, was I wrong (well, kinda - Florida and all)....

Bush is not even half the president Obama is, and that's not saying much. I thought Bush was useless when he announced his intent to run in 1999 and nothing he has done since has changed my mind...He was a shocker in every sense of the word. 9-11 had nothing to do with it. In fact, I could make a good case it might never have happened if he had not been president.

I remember seeing a doco on him before he ran, and I thought "the US public is far too intelligent to elect such an incurious imbecile to the top job"..God, was I wrong (well, kinda - Florida and all)....

yes, and Obama was so qualified for the job.

I'll see you're florida thing and raise you a black panther thing...............

They both SUCK

Palin will not be the Republican candidate. Jindahl is a possibility, but only if he gets a better speech writer than that disaster he had a year or so ago. I'm sure in the next year or so a few others will move forward.

Well better get crackin vetting the Jindahl family!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hThCCJCBI]YouTube - The Singhsons (Indian Simpsons spoof)[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well better get crackin vetting the Jindahl family!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10hThCCJCBI]YouTube - The Singhsons (Indian Simpsons spoof)[/ame]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why? no one vetted Obama.

Bush had more qualities as POTUS in his sleep than Obummer will ever have, as for making your case that it would have never happened, deliver your proof, this will be entertaining to say the least.....

Yeah, and today, less than a year and a half into the second coming of Jimmy Carter we have a POTUS with an approval rating of 46%, blames everything on the previous administration, can only create more gov jobs and couldn't lead ants to sugar with a funnel.....

Bush had more qualities as POTUS in his sleep than Obummer will ever have, as for making your case that it would have never happened, deliver your proof, this will be entertaining to say the least.....

Yeah, and today, less than a year and a half into the second coming of Jimmy Carter we have a POTUS with an approval rating of 46%, blames everything on the previous administration, can only create more gov jobs and couldn't lead ants to sugar with a funnel....

I don't think Obama is a great pres, but I don't think he is terrible either. There have been worse.

What qualities did Bush have? Able to cut brush at Midland ain't exactly hard.

I don't think he can blame everything on Bush, probably about 95% of it, though. The vast majority of this financial mess occurred when Bush was in charge. I thought conservatives were all about taking responsibility for your own actions.

The conservative voice would be a lot more credible if they had given him time. From the DAY he got elected, he has been trashed (don't believe me, do a search on this very forum for from Jan 20, 2009)...

Forum List

Back