Beau Biden Has Died

The harm is that you are assuming things based on your own interpretation of what I've said. You can assume that you have discovered what I believe, but you really haven't. All I have said is that I put more value on a human being that has been born and is alive than I would on a fertilized egg, fetus or embryo. If we are going to assume based on what has been said, then obviously you would let a woman die rather than let her have an abortion if the pregnancy was going to end up killing her.

I took you for your word when you said this, ".I just don't place more value on a fertilized egg, fetus, or embryo than I do on a person that has already been born"
So, using your same method of arriving at the bottom line, you place more value on a fertilized egg, fetus or embryo than you do on a person that has already been born, right?

Assumption has nothing to do it and you're welcome to change your view at will but don't expect me to not recognize the difference.
But you are assuming, or better still, misinterpreting...because my post says that I don't consider a fertilized egg, a fetus or an embryo more important than a person. It doesn't say that I don't consider a fetus, fertilized egg or embryo important, so maybe your comprehension is what is questionable here.

I'm willing to drop the abortion issue in this thread but this is the comment that motivated my involvement in the first place .. Post # 184 (this thread)

"Pity that you have so much love for a fetus and so much hate for actual living people. You are thoroughly devoid of reasoning and most assuredly soulless."

Please do explain to me how you get that I don't consider a fetus important, or that I want to abort a fetus, or whatever it is you feel is the belief that I relayed within my quote. I believe you have assumed what you wanted to believe about my position without giving much thought to what I actually said.

At this point I'm a whatever on your contortions, let's drop the subject and move on.

Yeah sure, you just realized that my post didn't say what you insisted it did........it's not "whatever" it is concession without actually admitting it.
Pick whatever rationalizations fit your needs, no problem...:itsok:

I picked the only one that explains the truth. You can't explain how my post says what you think it said, admit it.

I took you for your word when you said this, ".I just don't place more value on a fertilized egg, fetus, or embryo than I do on a person that has already been born"
So, using your same method of arriving at the bottom line, you place more value on a fertilized egg, fetus or embryo than you do on a person that has already been born, right?

Assumption has nothing to do it and you're welcome to change your view at will but don't expect me to not recognize the difference.
But you are assuming, or better still, misinterpreting...because my post says that I don't consider a fertilized egg, a fetus or an embryo more important than a person. It doesn't say that I don't consider a fetus, fertilized egg or embryo important, so maybe your comprehension is what is questionable here.

I'm willing to drop the abortion issue in this thread but this is the comment that motivated my involvement in the first place .. Post # 184 (this thread)

"Pity that you have so much love for a fetus and so much hate for actual living people. You are thoroughly devoid of reasoning and most assuredly soulless."

Please do explain to me how you get that I don't consider a fetus important, or that I want to abort a fetus, or whatever it is you feel is the belief that I relayed within my quote. I believe you have assumed what you wanted to believe about my position without giving much thought to what I actually said.

At this point I'm a whatever on your contortions, let's drop the subject and move on.

Yeah sure, you just realized that my post didn't say what you insisted it did........it's not "whatever" it is concession without actually admitting it.

I picked the only one that explains the truth. You can't explain how my post says what you think it said, admit it.

I suppose you can keep badgering, wishing and wasting both our times but your odds will remain the same. Let's just move on with our interpretations unresolved and in your case flummoxed..

I suppose you can keep badgering, wishing and wasting both our times but your odds will remain the same. Let's just move on with our interpretations unresolved and in your case flummoxed..

It would have ended if you had been successful in pointing out that my post said I hated fetuses, fertilized eggs and embryos.....but it didn't and now you have egg on your face and you keep deflecting and trying to call it a truce. I'm not conceding.......you misinterpreted what I said, you assumed what was not in my post and now you want to quit without admitting that you were wrong.........it appears you are the one that flummoxed.

It would have ended if you had been successful in pointing out that my post said I hated fetuses, fertilized eggs and embryos.....but it didn't and now you have egg on your face and you keep deflecting and trying to call it a truce. I'm not conceding.......you misinterpreted what I said, you assumed what was not in my post and now you want to quit without admitting that you were wrong.........it appears you are the one that flummoxed.

That was never my intention, where did you get that, which post specifically?

I'm thinking you'd like to place egg on my face, I hear it's good for the skin.

ps. there were several calls (mostly from your outraged Buds) to change the subject, I decided to succumb to the pressure and besides I'm bored.

Last edited:

I hate it when people don't remember what they say........

You've redefined fetus as a fertilized egg...I'm guessing you place no value on either.

I hope so.....leave it on so I won't have to reapply it.

ps. there was a call to change the subject, I decided to succumb to the pressure. It's not always about you Sweets.
That's fine with me.......I wasn't the one that brought it up......just wanted to make sure that people don't misinterpret what I say and then start calling me a "baby killer".....out of their own miscomprehension. :)

You've redefined fetus as a fertilized egg...I'm guessing you place no value on either.

ps. there was a call to change the subject, I decided to succumb to the pressure. It's not always about you Sweets.
That's fine with me.......I wasn't the one that brought it up......just wanted to make sure that people don't misinterpret what I say and then start calling me a "baby killer".....out of their own miscomprehension. :)

:laugh: ... where do you get hate from, "I'm guessing you place no value on either" especially when you took the opportunity to clarify then re-clarify your (as it turns out) rather tricky opinion.

as I've said before your post #184 is the one that got me involved, what happened before that...:dunno:

I'm not responsible for what other people think or say about you or your modulation of perspectives.

Last edited:

:laugh: ... where do you get hate from, "I'm guessing you place no value on either" especially when you took the opportunity to clarify then re-clarify your (as it turns out) rather tricky opinion.
Telling me that I place no value on either when I haven't said any such thing is your misrepresentation of what I said....and I didn't re-clarify...I just extended it so there would be no confusion as there are several phases for the unborn......."Placing no value on either a fertilized egg and a fetus means that I don't consider them important, and you have failed to prove that I even said that.

as I've said before your post #184 is the one that got me involved, what happened before that...:dunno:

I'm not responsible for what other people think or say about you or your modulation of perspectives.
And that is the post that you claim that caused you to claim that I place no value on either and you continue to evade pointing out how it does.

You will continue to try and wiggle out of what you said, and I'm not going to keep on arguing with you. You misrepresented what I said and now you are making up excuses and trying to say you didn't. Only unscrupulous people do that. Have a good night.

Telling me that I place no value on either when I haven't said any such thing is your misrepresentation of what I said....and I didn't re-clarify...I just extended it so there would be no confusion as there are several phases for the unborn......."Placing no value on either a fertilized egg and a fetus means that I don't consider them important, and you have failed to prove that I even said that.

And that is the post that you claim that caused you to claim that I place no value on either and you continue to evade pointing out how it does.

You will continue to try and wiggle out of what you said, and I'm not going to keep on arguing with you. You misrepresented what I said and now you are making up excuses and trying to say you didn't. Only unscrupulous people do that. Have a good night.

You said, ".I just don't place more value on a fertilized egg, fetus, or embryo than I do on a person that has already been born."

That could either mean you give unborn humans equal value, lesser value or no value , It's true, I jumped the gun and thought you meant equal value.

Then you said, "All I have said is that I put more value on a human being that has been born and is alive than I would on a fertilized egg, fetus or embryo."

What am I wiggling out of exactly.you're pro-abortion and the human life within the womb has some degree of lesser to no value than you or some other born person .. unless you'd like to re-re-clarify of course.

Last edited:
Then you said, "All I have said is that I put more value on a human being that has been born and is alive than I would on a fertilized egg, fetus or embryo."

Yes, in a case where the mother's life is at risk and she would die if carrying the fetus to term, I place more value on the mother, and I also feel it would be her choice to decide whether she wants to risk her life or whether she would rather try and stay alive. Most conservatives that are arguing against abortion want to do away with abortion altogether, and a mother at risk would not have a choice. But, you and others disregard the facts and try to label all of us pro-choice as not caring for the unborn. That couldn't be farther from the truth, I have 5 children of my own, and I support having affordable healthcare so that people that couldn't afford it, can now afford it and provide health care for their children...something that most anti-Obamacare conservatives who claim undying love for a fetus don't give a rat's ass about, even though they know children die without proper health care.

Yes, in a case where the mother's life is at risk and she would die if carrying the fetus to term, I place more value on the mother, and I also feel it would be her choice to decide whether she wants to risk her life or whether she would rather try and stay alive. Most conservatives that are arguing against abortion want to do away with abortion altogether, and a mother at risk would not have a choice. But, you and others disregard the facts and try to label all of us pro-choice as not caring for the unborn. That couldn't be farther from the truth, I have 5 children of my own, and I support having affordable healthcare so that people that couldn't afford it, can now afford it and provide health care for their children...something that most anti-Obamacare conservatives who claim undying love for a fetus don't give a rat's ass about, even though they know children die without proper health care.
Moving on now... probably.

Moving on now... probably.

Yes, do move on....and don't tell us whether you place more value on a fertilized egg, a fetus or embryo over the mother in the case where the mother's life is at risk. Nice to stay safe so you can attack others without having to defend yourself.

Forum List

Back