Beautiful Pictures of the places you love ~ Share

Another one of my favorite places to visit is Newport, RI, the cliff walk.

Here is part of it. It is a 3-1/2 mile walk one way. As you can see, there are mansions on one side and the ocean on the other. It is lovely! :) I would recommend it to anyone who visits New England.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

I heard that there is a cruise that goes up the east coast in the fall. I want to do that.

Is New England humid?

Yes, we have very high humidity index in the summertime. We get the freezing cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. Oy. :rolleyes-41: You do get all four seasons though, so there is a plus. Of course, we have cooler days and then hotter days with more humidity like anyplace else, but yes we get our fair share of humidity around here.

Yes your right, my sister hates cold too.... I miss the 4 seasons so much. In California it is Hot/ Cold ..
I sleep with my windows open in the winter...lol...

Do you have a accent? My boys make fun of some of my words, they are California city boys..lol

I do when I am speaking in casual company. At work where I have to speak on the phone, I try to hide my accent to sound more professional. I actually had a lady tell me the other day that I have no accent and that she thought my voice sounded so nice, like a recording. Lol. :D So when I talk amongst my friends, I probably have much more of an accent.

Another one of my favorite places to visit is Newport, RI, the cliff walk.

Here is part of it. It is a 3-1/2 mile walk one way. As you can see, there are mansions on one side and the ocean on the other. It is lovely! :) I would recommend it to anyone who visits New England.

cliff_walk_3.jpg

I heard that there is a cruise that goes up the east coast in the fall. I want to do that.

Is New England humid?

Yes, we have very high humidity index in the summertime. We get the freezing cold in the winter and super hot in the summer. Oy. :rolleyes-41: You do get all four seasons though, so there is a plus. Of course, we have cooler days and then hotter days with more humidity like anyplace else, but yes we get our fair share of humidity around here.

Yes your right, my sister hates cold too.... I miss the 4 seasons so much. In California it is Hot/ Cold ..
I sleep with my windows open in the winter...lol...

Do you have a accent? My boys make fun of some of my words, they are California city boys..lol

I do when I am speaking in casual company. At work where I have to speak on the phone, I try to hide my accent to sound more professional. I actually had a lady tell me the other day that I have no accent and that she thought my voice sounded so nice, like a recording. Lol. :D So when I talk amongst my friends, I probably have much more of an accent.

I left my birth place 40 years ago, amazing how things stay with us for the rest of our life's..My husband aunt came over on a boat from Italy 70 years ago and still has the strong accent..

Taken from our deck, various times of year. The entire back of our house is glass so this is the first thing we see every morning. We own 6 lots, all lake front, so no one will ever build close to us. We have constant wildlife and get to watch the eagles in a nearby nest.

I love it here SO much. There is nothing that could make us leave this house.

I love to travel but its true - there's no place like home.

470.JPG
530.JPG
568.JPG

The hot tub is just below the deck, cantilevered out over the hill. That's our dog, Czar, loving the snow.
591.JPG

058 (2).JPG

Taken from our deck, various times of year. The entire back of our house is glass so this is the first thing we see every morning. We own 6 lots, all lake front, so no one will ever build close to us. We have constant wildlife and get to watch the eagles in a nearby nest.

View attachment 62453 View attachment 62454 View attachment 62455

The hot tub is just below the deck, cantilevered out over the hill. That's our dog, Czar, loving the snow.
View attachment 62456
View attachment 62459

You have a beautiful home! :) Gorgeous!

Kauai~ I hiked up these mountains to get married.

images
Make up your mind honey, I thought you were swimming with the dolphins...:confused:

LOL...Honest engine...with both of our moms gone .... we hiked up the mountains in Kauai...married...came home had a huge reception and then went on our honeymoon to The Big
Island.. Hubs had a place in Kauai, we sold it after kids..
Good memory!

Taken from our deck, various times of year. The entire back of our house is glass so this is the first thing we see every morning.
Wow!!! Muddly, that is beautiful! The tranquility... Are you being a biotch showing it? I don't envy people that I am close to it now.
Thanks for sharing...it is great and the idea of preserving it by isolating it with adjacent properties is a fantastic move!

Wow....I get why you wouldn't want to leave...it is so beautiful.!!! Look at that lake/snow...and dog!

View attachment 62453 View attachment 62454 View attachment 62455

View attachment 62456
View attachment 62459

You have a beautiful home! :) Gorgeous!

Taken from our deck, various times of year. The entire back of our house is glass so this is the first thing we see every morning.
Wow!!! Muddly, that is beautiful! The tranquility... Are you being a biotch showing it? I don't envy people that I am close to it now.
Thanks for sharing...it is great and the idea of preserving it by isolating it with adjacent properties is a fantastic move!

Nice "puppy!" I used to have one just like that. His name was Ringo...he died from snake bite. :(

Thanks very much. It truly is heaven on earth and there's never a day we're not grateful for it. We're on a peninsula so its lake from our front door and lake from the back too. Most of the houses are vacation homes and empty most of the year, as was our place until we retired. Its almost always quiet, as though there is no one else on the lake.

The house was originally a really crappy little 1 bedroom, 1 bath fishing shack but, after years of hard work, is now a big gorgeous home. We've sold our other properties - except for one rental and we have everything we want right here - our studios, books and the time and money to enjoy the time that's left to us.

There are minuses but nothing worth leaving. We have very spotty cell signal, can't stream videos and our internet signal comes and goes. If not for satellites, we wouldn't have anything but electricity!

Czar was a pound puppy. Shepherd/ collie mix and a really wonderful dog. He's not crazy about having two cat siblings and is getting grumpy in his old age. We both dread what we know is coming soon.

defcon4 Sorry to hear your dog was killed by a snake. When I lived outside Tucson, the rattlesnakes were always a concern. I used to have to move as many as 1-2 every single week and really watched our dogs. If you still live around venomous snakes, keep Benedryl on hand in case of another bite. Its not a cure, nothing like that, but it can buy you time to get him to the vet. But, if your vet doesn't have antivenin on hand, you could still be screwed.

I hope no one thinks I've shared these pics to be - uh, I don't know - uppity. If that were the case, I would have posted them a long time ago. Its a beautiful place and we do try to keep it wild and pristine. I wanted to share that.

Just tonight, watching TV and suddenly I see a possum at the back door. I like possums and rehabbed a few. They have the most amazing and vicious looking teeth but it turns out, if you're gentle with them, they can be handled without gloves. Some time, I'll dig out some old photos of a mother and babies I rehabbed. Even though I was handling her babies and moving them all, she was a sweetie, very docile.

Thanks very much. It truly is heaven on earth and there's never a day we're not grateful for it. We're on a peninsula so its lake from our front door and lake from the back too. Most of the houses are vacation homes and empty most of the year, as was our place until we retired. Its almost always quiet, as though there is no one else on the lake.

The house was originally a really crappy little 1 bedroom, 1 bath fishing shack but, after years of hard work, is now a big gorgeous home. We've sold our other properties - except for one rental and we have everything we want right here - our studios, books and the time and money to enjoy the time that's left to us.

There are minuses but nothing worth leaving. We have very spotty cell signal, can't stream videos and our internet signal comes and goes. If not for satellites, we wouldn't have anything but electricity!

Czar was a pound puppy. Shepherd/ collie mix and a really wonderful dog. He's not crazy about having two cat siblings and is getting grumpy in his old age. We both dread what we know is coming soon.

defcon4 Sorry to hear your dog was killed by a snake. When I lived outside Tucson, the rattlesnakes were always a concern. I used to have to move as many as 1-2 every single week and really watched our dogs. If you still live around venomous snakes, keep Benedryl on hand in case of another bite. Its not a cure, nothing like that, but it can buy you time to get him to the vet. But, if your vet doesn't have antivenin on hand, you could still be screwed.

I hope no one thinks I've shared these pics to be - uh, I don't know - uppity. If that were the case, I would have posted them a long time ago. Its a beautiful place and we do try to keep it wild and pristine. I wanted to share that.

Just tonight, watching TV and suddenly I see a possum at the back door. I like possums and rehabbed a few. They have the most amazing and vicious looking teeth but it turns out, if you're gentle with them, they can be handled without gloves. Some time, I'll dig out some old photos of a mother and babies I rehabbed. Even though I was handling her babies and moving them all, she was a sweetie, very docile.

Nice "puppy!" I used to have one just like that. His name was Ringo...he died from snake bite. :(

So awful to see what you saw with your pup Defcon..so sorry gezzzz :itsok: that sucks.

Sorry I didn't reply, I didn't see this until now. How did it get to be Wednesday already.

Luddly : I will reply in the morning to your beautiful story., my brain is toasty tired..

So awful to see what you saw with your pup Defcon..so sorry gezzzz :itsok: that sucks.

Sorry I didn't reply, I didn't see this until now. How did it get to be Wednesday already.

Luddly : I will reply in the morning to your beautiful story., my brain is toasty tired..
Yes…he was running around having a good time. My front gate was open and I saw him inside the gate on the small field lying motionless. I thought he ran out and a car it him. He never went out to the road so I was kind of puzzled. I ran to him and he was limp. I picked him up and came back with him still unaware of the snake bite. I tried to nurture him. Then I noticed on his hind leg the snake bite. Two dark spots just above the toes. He came to it but his hind leg was totally paralyzed. Took him to the vet and next day the vet called that he died of heart failure. It was a very sad day for us. The next puppy I had was a pit bull. All black and over 110 lbs. and gentle but very good guard. He died with cancer. Now I have an American Staffordshire.

Yes…he was running around having a good time. My front gate was open and I saw him inside the gate on the small field lying motionless. I thought he ran out and a car it him. He never went out to the road so I was kind of puzzled. I ran to him and he was limp. I picked him up and came back with him still unaware of the snake bite. I tried to nurture him. Then I noticed on his hind leg the snake bite. Two dark spots just above the toes. He came to it but his hind leg was totally paralyzed. Took him to the vet and next day the vet called that he died of heart failure. It was a very sad day for us. The next puppy I had was a pit bull. All black and over 110 lbs. and gentle but very good guard. He died with cancer. Now I have an American Staffordshire.

That is so sad..I hate when we have to say goodbye to our furry family members.

I had a Sheltie for 12 years and she got cancer of the uterus.. my neighbor across the street got cancer at 20.

This last summer I found cancer for the second time, and we found cancer in my beagle the same fucking week..she died a week later.
I couldn't stop crying because of our cancer, I knew the treatment that I would have to go through again..

My son was leaving for college and my house was way too quiet, my family encouraged me to get another dog..so I found my Eloise on the internet in a pound. I love her so much, she is a poodle mix. She has come so far since July, scared little thing. She hasn't left my side since I got her.

I am training her to be a service dog, so I can bring her with me everywhere... Sort of a therapy dog. I am going to bring her on a trip this next fall.

I took her with me shopping yesterday , it was like bringing a kid..lol She doesn't do well with crowed baskets..it wore me out.
BTW..my dumb ass neighbor use to have his yard sprayed heavily every week...makes me wonder...

546979_436959163029639_657250524_n.jpg 40510_105172439541648_1094991_n.jpg 11949458_931235046935379_7240358481699272602_n.jpg
Clara Lassie Eloise

Forum List

Back