Bernie Sanders to speak at Liberty U in Lynchburg, VA

According to a recent Pew Research poll, 52% of Americans find the GOP to be extreme.
Considering USMB is top heavy with the extreme far right, it's ironic that so many are getting off calling Sanders a wacko!
:dance:
Link?
Anyone who thinks restraining government, lowering taxes, and being in favor of personal freedom is a "whacko" probably also thinks Sanders is mainstream.

I predict that he will be well received. His message resonates with young people and true Christians.
He will be politely received. His is honest and sincere. That his views are off the charts whacko will not win him any votes there.

Bernie will have a mandatory captive audience like Cruz had when he announced his candidacy.

This is an interesting development:

Sanders to Speak at Liberty University - Bernie Sanders

...“Liberty University was kind enough to invite me to address a convocation and I decided to accept. It goes without saying that my views on many issues – women’s rights, gay rights, education – are very different from the opinions of some in the Liberty University community. I think it is important, however, to see if we can reach consensus regarding the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality in our country, about the collapse of the middle class, about the high level of childhood poverty, about climate change and other issues.

“It is very easy for a candidate to speak to people who hold the same views. It’s harder but important to reach out to others who look at the world differently. I look forward to meeting with the students and faculty of Liberty University.”

This is a very interesting move on Bernie's part.

I don't recall a Democratic Presidential candidate having ever spoken at this strongly Conservative University ever before.

Your thoughts?

There was one extremely conservative college that invited Seymour Hersh to discuss his findings during the Iraq invasion/occupation. They were polite and didn't even give him shit during the Q&A period.

I actually think Sanders is a leftist extremist but at least he's honest about where he sits on the political spectrum, unlike many posters.
Unlike many (Rabbi), at least he isn't a tool and a walking echo chamber of someone else's talking points.
:2up:

This is an interesting development:

Sanders to Speak at Liberty University - Bernie Sanders

...“Liberty University was kind enough to invite me to address a convocation and I decided to accept. It goes without saying that my views on many issues – women’s rights, gay rights, education – are very different from the opinions of some in the Liberty University community. I think it is important, however, to see if we can reach consensus regarding the grotesque level of income and wealth inequality in our country, about the collapse of the middle class, about the high level of childhood poverty, about climate change and other issues.

“It is very easy for a candidate to speak to people who hold the same views. It’s harder but important to reach out to others who look at the world differently. I look forward to meeting with the students and faculty of Liberty University.”

This is a very interesting move on Bernie's part.

I don't recall a Democratic Presidential candidate having ever spoken at this strongly Conservative University ever before.

Your thoughts?
I think it clearly shows that the bigoted right is intolerant but look at below.. just a few reports on how the all embracing, freedom loving free speech promoting left counterbalances the bigoted racists on the right who promote censorship.

Pro-Life Speaker Star Parker Banned From Catholic University - The Gateway Pundit
Dustin Lance Black Banned From College Campus PerezHilton.com
Left s intolerance growing on college campuses Journal Transcript Journal Editorial Report Fox News
Fordham University after barring Ann Coulter from campus welcomes infanticide advocate Peter Singer The Daily Caller
University BANS Conservative Speakers From Campus MrConservative.com Mr. Conservative is the top website for news political cartoons breaking news republican election news conservative facts and commentary on political elections

So lets see: You've posted one link about a pro abortion speaker banned from a Catholic school. That doesnt really qualify. A radical homosexual banned from a conservative school, not beause of his beliefs but because of extreme rhetoric, and 4 links about universities banning conservative speakers.
Are you sure you understand the issue here?
A small illustration of liberal infested campuses banning speakers, mostly conservatives. On the other hand, I see no news coming about conservative colleges banning speakers regardless of their political or social view. I guess you missed the point. The catholic school speaker actually a pro life speaker, maybe you misread it.

I actually think Sanders is a leftist extremist but at least he's honest about where he sits on the political spectrum, unlike many posters.
Unlike many (Rabbi), at least he isn't a tool and a walking echo chamber of someone else's talking points.
:2up:
Wash that sand out of your mangina and post an argument. Or facts. Or a chart.

BQ3ZQFY.jpg

Forum List

Back