Bernie Sanders was an independent for years. Independents were not allowed to vote in New York

Seems like a legit victory for Hillary No?

Both parties try so hard to control the outcome.

That is how it works.

Independents and third party candidates have no chance of winning with the two party system in this country.

The best thing to do is not run for President but run for the House seats if Independents and Third Parties want to make changes and then focus on the Senate and after getting seats in both the House and Senate then make your move for the Presidency and not before.

Independents have no real say in this country unless they for for left or somewhat left candidate of the two party system...

Not sure what point you are trying to make.
Because Independents can not vote for Bernie unless they register as Democrats. New York has a closed primary, meaning that if you are not part of them, you can't vote for them. It would be interesting to know what the outcome would have been in NY, if it was an open primary.

Because Independents can not vote for Bernie unless they register as Democrats. New York has a closed primary, meaning that if you are not part of them, you can't vote for them. It would be interesting to know what the outcome would have been in NY, if it was an open primary.
Why didn't they register as Dems if it means so much to them? I switch parties all the time, it's easy.

If they want to vote bern, change to a dem. it's the dem primary!!

Why didn't they register as Dems if it means so much to them? I switch parties all the time, it's easy.
They may not have known. Some states require it, some do not.

They may not have known. Some states require it, some do not.
Uniformed voters are probably a bad idea.

Not surprised you missed it.
Was the Burn forced to run as a Dem? Or could he have run as an independent and therefore had been voted for in the Independent Primary?
do they have an independent primary? I have never heard of that

Was the Burn forced to run as a Dem? Or could he have run as an independent and therefore had been voted for in the Independent Primary?
Why couldn't they?

Why couldn't they?
I didnt say they couldn't. I just have never heard of it. Especially since primaries are a duopoly thing..

Why couldn't they?
I didnt say they couldn't. I just have never heard of it. Especially since primaries are a duopoly thing..
Any party can hold a primary. So no, it isn't a duopoly thing.

Why couldn't they?
Any party can hold a primary. So no, it isn't a duopoly thing.
lol ok. Independent isn't even a party..
Libertarians have a primary. Forgot about them lol. Usually has about 5000 people or so participating. Not sure on any other details about it though..

Open primaries should be abolished.

If you are not an active member of a political party, and that goes for both Democrats or Republicans, you should not be able to vote in primaries.

Forum List

Back