Best Gift for a Grandmother

TheOldSchool

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Hi folks,

I'm trying to find something extra special for my Grandma this year. She is 92 years old and I don't know how much longer she'll be around. I'd like to get her something special. My mother is suggesting her favorite clothing brands and other sort of ordinary things but I finally have made it to a point where money is not an issue and I really want to get her something creative that will make her feel really good anytime she sees it or uses it.

Can you help me out with ideas? Maybe something to help her pass the time?

If she were 15 years younger I'd get her a kitten but that's too much for her now. I guess what I want is the equivalent of a kitten for a 65 year old but for someone who is 92. Not sure that makes sense but...

Any ideas?

The mother-in-law is 94 and her family got her one of these. You can put a picture in the little windows at each hour and have the kids/grandkids/whomever record something. The recording goes off at that hour.

Of course, she may tire of it after a few weeks LOL.

AAAAC2uFFz0AAAAAAKJ4rA.jpg

The mother-in-law is 94 and her family got her one of these. You can put a picture in the little windows at each hour and have the kids/grandkids/whomever record something. The recording goes off at that hour.

Mr. H I LOVE THAT! What is it called and where can I find it?

Beats the hell out of me. I just Googled "clock with pictures and recordings". :lol:

Oh and just for old times' sake... :slap:

Beats the hell out of me. I just Googled "clock with pictures and recordings". :lol:

I found that one in your pic and it looks like it only records one message. But there are apparently others that will record multiple messages. If I find it and can pull off all her grandkids saying hi then I owe you big Mr. H because it's an awesome idea!

Also :9:

The clock is a cool idea.

There are also battery operated photo frames that change photos every few moments. We have one and you can change the photos.

I found that one in your pic and it looks like it only records one message. But there are apparently others that will record multiple messages. If I find it and can pull off all her grandkids saying hi then I owe you big Mr. H because it's an awesome idea!

:fu:
:beer:

Yes, there are models that record 12 different messages. :thup:

You better hurry- only 17 days until the fat drunk slides down the chimney. You've got 12 (count 'em, twelve) recordings to make.

:fu:
:beer:

Yes, there are models that record 12 different messages. :thup:

You better hurry- only 17 days until the fat drunk slides down the chimney. You've got 12 (count 'em, twelve) recordings to make.

I can't find it anywhere. I'm not sure they make either of the clocks anymore. Why would they stop?! DAMMIT! It was perfect!!!

I think I'll try to find something that can record the whole family's voices. I wonder if that exists...

Anyways thanks for the idea. It's perfect I just have to find a product that can do it.

Yeah, I did some surfing and found it. Called the number and it doesn't specifically show in their inventory.
Must be out of production. Couldn't even find one on eBay or Amazon.

Gimme your address. I'll steal it from the M.I.L.
She'll never miss it.
$500

;)

Gimme your address. I'll steal it from the M.I.L.
She'll never miss it.
$500

;)

Lol thanks but I think I can find an alternative. Worse case scenario I'll get her a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. :rofl:

A photo album with pictures of her kids and grandkids, with her and grandfather in as many pics with the kids as possible. Go around to the members of your family and ask for pictures to put in it. A family album illustrating the family over the years that she can look at over and over again.

Forum List

Back