Best Omelet Ever

Scrambled eggs mixed into fried, browned potatoes O'Brien. With a bunch of extra diced bell peppers & onions added to it. It does make for a rather epic breakfast, I just thought I'd mention. It goes so nicely with eating some fresh fruit for breakfast as well.

Isn't potatoes O'Brien already peppers and onions?

Or are we talkin' potatoes O'Brien O'Brien?

WkYsT.jpg

Yes, but I add a whole bunch more diced peppers. That's the difference.

Scrambled eggs mixed into fried, browned potatoes O'Brien. With a bunch of extra diced bell peppers & onions added to it. It does make for a rather epic breakfast, I just thought I'd mention. It goes so nicely with eating some fresh fruit for breakfast as well.

Isn't potatoes O'Brien already peppers and onions?

Or are we talkin' potatoes O'Brien O'Brien?

WkYsT.jpg

Yes, but I add a whole bunch more diced peppers. That's the difference.

Hey, no such thing as too many peppers. :)

Never been a fan of peppers on omelets. My preference is just eggs and cheese in the pan and then add whatever else on top.

I understand, but what about diced potato bits?

I am not a huge potato fan either. I don't even eat mashed potatoes or french fries. To me a perfect omelette is two eggs beaten with salt, pepper, a little water with cheese added in just as it is finishing up. I usually just cook my eggs fried in bacon grease, sunnyside up though.

Never been a fan of peppers on omelets. My preference is just eggs and cheese in the pan and then add whatever else on top.

I understand, but what about diced potato bits?

I am not a huge potato fan either. I don't even eat mashed potatoes or french fries. To me a perfect omelette is two eggs beaten with salt, pepper, a little water with cheese added in just as it is finishing up. I usually just cook my eggs fried in bacon grease, sunnyside up though.

Well if you like to keep it light, shred a little carrot in there. And sprinkle some tarragon. Mayhaps tomato. So many options.

This thread inspired me to have bacon, grits and cheesey eggs tonight. yummy.

I love omelettes ..

with almost all delish things.... mushrooms of course many vegetables ...and Parmesan or Gruyere....

ohhhh *************music here************** love love ****more music********

Bd3mtAj.jpg

Well, whatever the exact term is, "omellette" or "scrambled-egg-hybrid-mixture" can we at least agree that it tastes good to have scrambled eggs mixed with heavily-friend hash browns and hundreds of bits of bell pepper shrapnel? Is it really that horrifying of a big breakfast jolt?

it's all the same.....omelette, scramble ....who cares it's all delish!:04:

There's a breakfast place called Keke's in Florida. I HIGHLY recommend that you try their Philly Cheese Steak omelet. It's the bomb!

cheese-steak-omelet-keke.jpg

ohhhhhhh ,.............YUM ^^^^

but I don't eat steak....no bacon and all that

apart from that total yum

There's a breakfast place called Keke's in Florida. I HIGHLY recommend that you try their Philly Cheese Steak omelet. It's the bomb!

cheese-steak-omelet-keke.jpg

That looks so filling I'll bet it could keep me stuffed for hours!

Um...that's not an omelet.

Why not?

Scrambled eggs and an omelette are two different things.

It was my general understanding that an omelette was a scrambled egg mixed into other ingredients in the pan. I'm afraid I honestly don't get the exact distinction.

You are quite mistaken.

Forum List

Back