🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is Dead

My kids were taught this way. It made absolutely no sense to me at all. But my kids got it and they all passed maths. Not sure why Maths is a political issue over there. Perhaps you need a steady stream of stuff to stoke your outrage?
^ total fucking bs

My kids were taught this way. It made absolutely no sense to me at all. But my kids got it and they all passed maths. Not sure why Maths is a political issue over there. Perhaps you need a steady stream of stuff to stoke your outrage?
^ total fucking bs

Exactly, they didn't start doing it till 2013 and that retard prolly thinks schools here teach the metric system as well.

Check this out didn't all schools in US require you to learn the times tables (12×12) in the 4th grade?

Education Week

New 'Common Core' for England
By Marc Tucker June 20, 2013

In mathematics students will be expected to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions in elementary school so they can progress to more advanced topics such as algebra when they go to secondary school.? By age nine, students should know their times tables up to 12x12. Currently they only need to know up to 10x10 by the end of 6th grade.

^ total fucking bs

Exactly, they didn't start doing it till 2013 and that retard prolly thinks schools here teach the metric system as well.

Check this out didn't all schools in US require you to learn the times tables (12×12) in the 4th grade?

Education Week

New 'Common Core' for England
By Marc Tucker June 20, 2013

In mathematics students will be expected to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions in elementary school so they can progress to more advanced topics such as algebra when they go to secondary school.? By age nine, students should know their times tables up to 12x12. Currently they only need to know up to 10x10 by the end of 6th grade.

The article is incorrect. Students in England have always been required to know the 12 times table by the end of year 5 ( which is 9 years old in England).

I know this because I've taught in a BNC school before ( British national curriculum ).

Last edited:
The right -wing-nuts have been trying for years to turn American kids into the least educated in the developed world. Betsy cult-bitch is just their latest attempt to ensure that our kids cannot compete globally. We should have national educational standards, and high ones.

The right -wing-nuts have been trying for years to turn American kids into the least educated in the developed world. Betsy cult-bitch is just their latest attempt to ensure that our kids cannot compete globally. We should have national educational standards, and high ones.

Give us examples?

Give us examples?

The resistance to common core is one of them. Those standards in common core are in line with international standards. Children in Asia and Europe have been doing these mathematical strategies for decades while American students have been lagging behind. The fact we're still using the outdated imperial system is another example of Americans not wanting to change and do better.

Betsy Devos has 0 experience in education, yet the right wing worship her. The blind leading the blind.

Last edited:

Give us examples?

The resistance to common core is one of them. Those standards in common core are in line with international standards. Children in Asia and Europe have been doing these mathematical strategies for decades while American students have been lagging behind. The fact we're still using the outdated imperial system is another example of Americans not wanting to change and do better.

Betsy Devos is has 0 experience in education, yet the right wing worship her.

Americans flat out refused the metric system in the 1970s

Prove to me that kids in Europe and Asia have been doing this bogus mathematics where 8 apples plus 5 apples can equal 10?

Of course she has experience in education she went to school right? She has more experience in education then Comey had in the FBI he was a lawyer .

Give us examples?
Knocking common core without any thought of replacing it, teaching distorted "history" instead of real history, refusing to teach the kids anything about the world's cultures and religions, dumbing down science classes, including trying to teach religious dogma as science, putting fundies in charge of public-school textbooks so they can indoctrinate kids directly like they do in Texas (the goofy gablers are dead, thank goodness, but their political indoctrination work is being carried on by some trash fundie outfit known as "Educational Research Analysts"), trying to siphon money away from our public school districts to fund their private indoctrination centers. And more.

That's okay. The kids will be competing with China, Japan, Korea, India, and the rest soon, unless they get pregnant first and have babies on an annual basis that they can't support because people are too stupid to teach them about sex. How are they going to do this? Spout bibble verses at their competitors like betsy bitch wants?

Black kids in Chicago and many other democrat run cities can barely speak English and drop out at a very high rate. That's not the fault of conservatives.

Give us examples?
Knocking common core without any thought of replacing it, teaching distorted "history" instead of real history, refusing to teach the kids anything about the world's cultures and religions, dumbing down science classes, including trying to teach religious dogma as science, putting fundies in charge of public-school textbooks so they can indoctrinate kids directly like they do in Texas (the goofy gablers are dead, thank goodness, but their political indoctrination work is being carried on by some trash fundie outfit known as "Educational Research Analysts"), trying to siphon money away from our public school districts to fund their private indoctrination centers. And more.

That's okay. The kids will be competing with China, Japan, Korea, India, and the rest soon, unless they get pregnant first and have babies on an annual basis that they can't support because people are too stupid to teach them about sex. How are they going to do this? Spout bibble verses at their competitors like betsy bitch wants?

Teaching distorted "history" instead of real history, refusing to teach the kids anything about the world's cultures and religions, dumbing downscience classes, including trying to teach religious dogma

So you want public schools to teach religion, but not teach religion?

The only indoctrination centers are the public school system it takes people years to grow up and realized they were not taught how to think, but what to think.. why do you think most kids are liberal????????

Black kids in Chicago and many other democrat run cities can barely speak English and drop out at a very high rate. That's not the fault of conservatives.

Why do you only mention black kids? Plenty of whites are lagging behind as well, and not only in cities that are run by Democrats. This is why we need someone at the helm who knows what s/he is doing to improve our public-school systems, rather than an idiot like betsy cult bitch.

The only way to improve our public schools is kick out the corrupt public Unions but we know that will never happen.

The bottom line is, is Common Core working?

Lol even the Huff post says it sucks

:badgrin:

Results Are in: Common Core Fails Tests and Kids | HuffPost

RESULTS ARE IN:
Common core fails test and Kids

By Alan Singer
The Measurement

According to its website, “The National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP) is the largest nationally representative and continuing assessment of what America’s students know and can do in various subject areas.” Its mandate to test was included in the original No Child Left Behindlegislation. NAEP tests are given to a representative sampling of about 30,000 private and public school students every two years in Grades 4, 8 and 12.

Give us examples?

Prove to me that kids in Europe and Asia have been doing this bogus mathematics where 8 apples plus 5 apples can equal 10?

Of course she has experience in education she went to school right? She has more experience in education then Comey had in the FBI he was a lawyer .

My point is why did people reject metric? The only reason is that they didn't want to change. Everywhere in the world has switched to metric. But not America. Because we're to lazy and stubborn to try something new.

Being a student and an educator are two different things. You can be good at receiving information but terrible at giving it.

Here's an article from 1983 on how math is done in Japan.
http://flm-journal.org/Articles/68CD1E813E785AD584E452CD3ECD4.pdf

The 8+5 question isn't that hard. 5 can be broken down as 3 and 2. So take the 2 from the 5 and add it with 8 to make 10.

It's simple partitioning.

Last edited:

Give us examples?

My point is why did people reject metric? The only reason is that they didn't want to change. Everywhere in the world has switched to metric. But not America. Because we're to lazy and stubborn to try something new.

Being a student and an educator are two different things. You can be good at receiving information but terrible at giving it.

Here's an article from 1983 on how math is done in Japan.
http://flm-journal.org/Articles/68CD1E813E785AD584E452CD3ECD4.pdf

The 8+5 question isn't that hard. 5 can be broken down as 3 and 2. So take the 2 from the 5 and add it with 8 to make 10.

It's simple partitioning.

I wish we did in the 1970s, ( it was all over signs and gas pumps and stuff) being a maintenance guy I have to buy duplicate tools and it's funny how 8th grade drop out drug addicts know just as much about the metric system as doctors ...

And once again you have 8 Apples someone gives you 5 apples you will have 13 Apples..

Thanks for the PDF I will read it latter.

Forum List

Back