Beware The Bomb Cyclone

Pfft.
I have lived through far worse winter storms than this along with colder temperatures.

Just an average winter storm in my book at ground zero.

Southwest MN and the Dakota's may be impassable though. I90 is already shut down due to white outs from a ground blizzard.

Twin Cities got about a foot. All roads are plowed snow free, but the black ice is taking out the idiot drivers.

-40 windchills? Pffft. Bring it on.

I moved South to get away from plowing my 600 foot driveway two to three times a year. Loved the snow when I was younger. Just ot too much for me. Those Cyclone Bombs/Polar Vortex storms can get a little dicey. In my day they were called Nor Eastern blizzards.

Pfft.
I have lived through far worse winter storms than this along with colder temperatures.

Just an average winter storm in my book at ground zero.

Southwest MN and the Dakota's may be impassable though. I90 is already shut down due to white outs from a ground blizzard.

Twin Cities got about a foot. All roads are plowed snow free, but the black ice is taking out the idiot drivers.

-40 windchills? Pffft. Bring it on.
That's why we need to switch to electric cars only.
So the next deep freeze will kill a shitload of people after the government cuts off our power.
Having internal combustion engines means independence.....and we can't have that anymore.

That's why we need to switch to electric cars only.
So the next deep freeze will kill a shitload of people after the government cuts off our power.
Having internal combustion engines means independence.....and we can't have that anymore.
My wife is buying me an electric car for Christmas. In fact, two cars!

And 18 feet of track…

1671759079321.jpeg

a local downblast flattened a few acres of forest here not long ago

i'm talking full grow trees, oaks, pines , etc......all laid out like God's own hammer hit

~S~
That was one of the largest drops in physical temperatures, inside 75 minuets, I have ever personally witnessed. +36 degrees F to -16 degrees F. A 52-degree temp change in 75 minutes. It was very windy and a normal Wyoming morning. It then went silent and the temperature plummeted. The temp continued to drop as the mass around us cooled. The first 30 minuets were 42 degrees of drop smashing all-time records for the region.

It wasn't anywhere near the biggest drop of 100 degrees F. But it was the fastest drop on record. This is the kind of temperature drop a low barometric pressure is capable of.

just for fun, i dont think its humanly possible to pass gas in this weather. its just too cold to pass gas. i dont know what the patrons of taco bell are gonna do when the gasses are stuck inside, and just want out ASAP !!!

Forum List

Back