The White House Announces Plan To Lower Costs of Groceries

Yeah, notice in the OP the screenshot of the USDA website says their highest priorities are not feeding people, but DEI and Climate Change. These priorities were set by Biden's executive orders, including 13990.
The USDA has a hand in food inflation, too. Absolutely.

I was pretty shocked when I found out how all that stuff works. The government can absolutely manipulate food prices through the USDA.

Big oil?
It might be the new Biden regulations restricting big oil from making all the fertilizer farmers need.

Less oil equals more expensive food.

US oil production is at an all time high. What are you talking about?

Today, POTUS announced on Twitter that the White House finally has a plan to reduce the price of groceries for American consumers....

It's long overdue. Past efforts focused on pointing blame. The astute reader will remember that the Biden Admin first blamed Trump for inflation, then they blamed the "Putin price hike," and finally they blamed greedy corporations.

Sadly, like just about everything this administration does, there is not much substance to the "plan," and it will actually make food inflation worse....

1. "Partnering with AGs to take on price gouging." Partnering does not mean anything, and price gouging is when a company does something like double the price of generators during a power outage. There is no substance here. What are they going to do, sue Piggly Wiggly for charging $1.55 for a can of beans?

2. "Successfully calling on grocery chains to lower costs." What does that even mean, Biden will call the Piggly Wiggly CEO and ask him to please cut prices so Biden can get re-elected? LOL.

3. "Providing an extra $2000 for food stamps for a family of four." This is the typical fix for everything according to the Biden Regime. More handouts. They don't understand basic economics. When you make something "free" (paid for by other taxpayers), it raises prices for everyone due to higher demand.

How about something meaningful for a change? Reduce regulations and reduce energy costs for starters. And get your darn priorities straight....

View attachment 970960

While this "plan" is just empty words, seems pretty dishonest of you to cut off the rest of the picture from the USDA.

1720027856763.png

Today, POTUS announced on Twitter that the White House finally has a plan to reduce the price of groceries for American consumers....

It's long overdue. Past efforts focused on pointing blame. The astute reader will remember that the Biden Admin first blamed Trump for inflation, then they blamed the "Putin price hike," and finally they blamed greedy corporations.

Sadly, like just about everything this administration does, there is not much substance to the "plan," and it will actually make food inflation worse....

1. "Partnering with AGs to take on price gouging." Partnering does not mean anything, and price gouging is when a company does something like double the price of generators during a power outage. There is no substance here. What are they going to do, sue Piggly Wiggly for charging $1.55 for a can of beans?

2. "Successfully calling on grocery chains to lower costs." What does that even mean, Biden will call the Piggly Wiggly CEO and ask him to please cut prices so Biden can get re-elected? LOL.

3. "Providing an extra $2000 for food stamps for a family of four." This is the typical fix for everything according to the Biden Regime. More handouts. They don't understand basic economics. When you make something "free" (paid for by other taxpayers), it raises prices for everyone due to higher demand.

How about something meaningful for a change? Reduce regulations and reduce energy costs for starters. And get your darn priorities straight....

View attachment 970960

They wouldn't need to do any of this if they would just quit throwing gasoline on the inflation fire, and interest rates would have never had to have been raised. The only real solution is to vote the bums out of office.

View attachment 970960

Price controls and dollars from heaven

Very old school marxist

The USDA has a hand in food inflation, too. Absolutely.

I was pretty shocked when I found out how all that stuff works. The government can absolutely manipulate food prices through the USDA.
Oregon Democrats are shutting down small farms in the state, and farmers markets. The latest report is they are using drones to document if you have a cow or any farm animals, then they come after you.

Claiming price gouging.....The last gasp of a dying administration.
It can't be Biden's suffocating government regulations, water restrictions, sky high fuel costs, sky high inflation on every piece of equipment used in farming, sky high taxes on farms, no it must be those greedy supermarkets price gouging...riiiiiiight.

Oregon Democrats are shutting down small farms in the state, and farmers markets. The latest report is they are using drones to document if you have a cow or any farm animals, then they come after you.
That's part of that WEF globalist stuff they've been doing in Europe.

It's an evil plan to starve the world in the name of Climate Change.

While this "plan" is just empty words, seems pretty dishonest of you to cut off the rest of the picture from the USDA.

View attachment 970978
Good point. I assumed that page was about food safety, and I should have checked.

When I did, it surprised me that it was about food stamps and other "free" food and had lots of the same DEI garbage....

1. Recognize that structural inequities make it hard for many people to eat healthy and be physically active; and
  2. Emphasize taking an equity lens to our efforts.

And this nonsense...

What is USDA doing?

USDA wants input from all Americans on ways we can improve nutrition security. The department is particularly focused on strengthening and building new partnerships with all levels of government, the private sector, community-based organizations, and families. Together, we can make progress that will change lives and ensure a healthier, more prosperous future for all Americans.

What does that even mean?

It's not about lowering the price of groceries.

Good point. I assumed that page was about food safety, and I should have checked.

When I did, it surprised me that it was about food stamps and other "free" food and had lots of the same DEI garbage....

1. Recognize that structural inequities make it hard for many people to eat healthy and be physically active; and
  2. Emphasize taking an equity lens to our efforts.

And this nonsense...

What is USDA doing?

The department is particularly focused on strengthening and building new partnerships with all levels of government, .

What does that even mean?
Boondoggle Bribery from Extortion Agriculture

Forum List

Back