Biden Adm Says The Economy Is Doing Great, But Why Are So Many Stores Closing?

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
The only example that Biden adm, or the media, can give us that the economy is doing well it by using the DOW.
They don't want to talk about inflation, consumer confidence, or the GPD. They just point out unemployment and the markets.

Macy’s, an anchor of so many shopping malls, plans to close 150 department stores in a bid to reinvigorate sales and shift its public image more toward luxury goods.

The company on Tuesday said it will shutter “underproductive” stores, while opening more of its better-performing, higher-end siblings: Bloomingdale’s and beauty-focused Bluemercury. Macy’s also plans to add smaller stores at outdoor shopping centers, which have been growing in sharp contrast to indoor malls.

All this is part of a do-or-die task for the quintessential American department store under a brand-new CEO. His plan, dubbed “A Bold New Chapter,” appears to acknowledge that Macy’s for years has been losing its traditional middle-class shopper — both to the yawning wealth gap dividing America and simply to other retailers, including brands that sell directly online.

Biden Adm Says The Economy Is Doing Great, But Why Are So Many Stores Closing?​

Amazon

convenient excuse, but only partly true, though Of course Amazon can't get "shoplifted". Restaurants, shopping and a movie used to be a thing in the big cities like SF, and those types of establishments have a kind of symbiotic relationship because they all depend on each other to attract customers downtown.
You start fucking around and letting lawlessness take over the streets and people stop coming and then companies get tired of being ripped off and figure the slim profit margin isnt worth keeping a store open in a hight rent district.

The only example that Biden adm, or the media, can give us that the economy is doing well it by using the DOW.
They don't want to talk about inflation, consumer confidence, or the GPD. They just point out unemployment and the markets.

I'm not convinced the Dow is doing all that well. My IRA gained quite a bit during the Trump years. It has barely held it's own not making quite enough to cover the required annual distribution during the Biden years.

I'm not convinced the Dow is doing all that well. My IRA gained quite a bit during the Trump years. It has barely held it's own not making quite enough to cover the required annual distribution during the Biden years.
The DOW is going up because the Biden Adm artificially raised interest rates, and now they're talking about cutting them.
People are making money in some sectors.....but the middle-class are getting screwed.

While I agree that Biden is lying about the economy, I think other problems play into the closings. Many of the closings are in cities with high crime rates, another present Biden and the left have given us. That has more to do with them closing than the economy itself.

We know he has been cooking the BLS books and now the Census figures, Illegal immigrants are being counted as citizens and they represent the job increase. Americans are losing jobs with every month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lowest estimate I've found (from a sold-out ultra-liberal idiot ) is still damning

about 47% of jobs created during Biden's presidency went to foreign-born workers

We know he has been cooking the BLS books and now the Census figures, Illegal immigrants are being counted as citizens and they represent the job increase. Americans are losing jobs with every month !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lowest estimate I've found (from a sold-out ultra-liberal idiot ) is still damning

about 47% of jobs created during Biden's presidency went to foreign-born workers
Got a link?

That would be 7 million jobs

Forum List

Back