Biden Claims He Was ‘Appointed’ to Naval Academy, Roger Staubach Prevented Him from Attending

He started the season on the freshman team in Delaware, but there’s no record of finishing the season or ever playing after that.
Doesn't matter. Playing college football isn't any kind of requisite for anything other than pro football or being a coach so far as I know. But you do sort of expect people not to make up tales out of whole cloth. But it can definitely happen with the mentally challenged.

Trump actually did play high school and college baseball and apparently according to his coaches was good at both.
Dobias was paid off by Trump to spread the lie.

A reporter looked up the boxscores of NYMA games and found Trump batted .138
A leftwing report doing a smear of Trump wrote that.

He started the season on the freshman team in Delaware, but there’s no record of finishing the season or ever playing after that.
I don't have a problem with that. Playing college football can have its useful teaching aspects but it isn't a necessary requisite for anybody other than becoming a coach or professional athlete

You do sort of don't want your leaders embellishing their resumes with totally made up stories though..

I came up at the wrong time. My Congressman appointed his own son, and I was second as the first alternate. Neither Senator had an appointment, but I was nominated but not selected by the AFJROTC. I was an alternate for all three ROTC scholarships but enlisted in the Navy's nuclear program instead.
Sorry about that Tory.

It is fortunate you were able to contribute.

Are you a Nuclear Engineer? What types of vessels did you work on?

I don't have a problem with that. Playing college football can have its useful teaching aspects but it isn't a necessary requisite for anybody other than becoming a coach or professional athlete

You do sort of don't want your leaders embellishing their resumes with totally made up stories though..
The only reason I mention it is because Biden keeps embellishing these stories.

The reporter looked up Box Scores in the local paper that said how each player did in each game

Trump batted .138
That's what the 'reporter' said. His coach said he was a good infielder--First Base--and a good hitter. I choose to believe the coach. You will no doubt believe a so-called 'reporter' doing a hit piece.

And FYI, a batting average is one of the last things pro scouts look at when scouting a high school player.

That's what the 'reporter' said. His coach said he was a good infielder--First Base--and a good hitter. I choose to believe the coach. You will no doubt believe a so-called 'reporter' doing a hit piece.
You’ve got to remember that anything to do with Trump triggers left wingers like no one else can.

And FYI, a batting average is one of the last things pro scouts look at when scouting a high school player.
Actually, if you can’t hit HS pitching, no scout will look at you.
Trump went to a private military school with low level competition. My HS was about 6 miles from NYMA and we wouldn’t play them. They were not very good

Trump went to a private military school with low level competition. My HS was about 6 miles from NYMA and we wouldn’t play them. They were not very good
Trump is just bored into your brain. He dominates your thoughts 24/7

Well bless your heart. When you get around to taking that remedial reading comprehension course I recommended maybe you will be able to read the information in the link that I showed you and see how your version of the facts is extremely flawed in this matter.

Sorry about that Tory.

It is fortunate you were able to contribute.

Are you a Nuclear Engineer? What types of vessels did you work on?
I spent 15 months enlisted. The day I was originally supposed to report to nuke school, I received orders to Navy ROTC instead.

I served on a destroyer tender while enlisted for 3 months, a ballistic missile submarine and aircraft carrier while a midshipman, and two guided missile cruisers and LHA as a weapons and engineering officer.

I am neither. Donald Trump is a lifelong failure and loser.
tds.png

Biden is a liar. Of course, this fact check was from the 2012 campaign, so maybe Pedo Joe went back to Delaware and was a star football player while he was VP.

Fact Check: Biden's too tall football tale?​

The Romney campaign has been sending around blog posts (here and here) from conservatives today reporting that a tale Vice President Joe Biden told about playing football at the University of Delaware from 50 years ago was false.

So First Read decided to check it out (especially considering your author is a Fightin' Blue Hen).

The reports seize on Biden's twice-repeated story about a 1963 trip to Ohio University for a football game. During visits to the college town of Athens, Ohio, over the last two political cycles, Biden has related the PG-rated Animal House-esque story of an encounter with police after he says he accidentally found himself in a girl's dormitory -- cause for punishment at the time.

"I came, I was a football player," Biden said during a recent trip to the Buckeye State town. "I came here in 1963, and I had to go back, I just double checked my memory – you know, you get my age and you’re not so sure of it, you know, your glory days look more glorious than they really were and all that, so we went back on the Internet and I just want you to know, I came here in October 1963, and we beat you Bobcats 29-12…"

Before launching into the same story during a campaign stop in 2008, he told an Athens audience, "I went to the University of Delaware, and we came out here to play Ohio University."

So was Biden a “football player”? It appears so, but not quite in the way he appeared to suggest during his trip to Athens during this campaign.

“We don’t have him as lettering for freshman football or varsity,” Kevin Tritt, assistant sports information director at the University of Delaware, told First Read. “We don’t have the freshman team playing Ohio University in 1963. We don’t have any record of the freshman team playing there.”

The varsity team did play Ohio University that year and won. And Biden got the score right.

Biden wrote in his memoir that he played briefly on the freshman team, but quit after one semester because of poor academic performance.

Forum List

Back