Biden Economy roaring along fine.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
If the low unemployment numbers were faked than this story would never have come out.

In Kentucky they had underage children working at McDonalds Restaurants. Hundreds of underage children working at several locations and multiple franchises. The reason? They couldn’t get anyone else to work.

The Franchises were fined for having underage workers. But think about it as if you were a manager or the Franchise owner. You need the people. You need them to work. You have to turn to the only resource you can. Kids. Some are your own children or kids of other employees. You can’t let them go on payroll so you pay them under the table.

This is how good the economy is. The restaurants decided to break the many laws about what they were doing to stay in business by getting the only workers they could.

Anyone else ever see the John Wayne movie The Cowboys? I imagine the managers were feeling much the same. No choice if they wanted to stay in business.

If the low unemployment numbers were faked than this story would never have come out.

In Kentucky they had underage children working at McDonalds Restaurants. Hundreds of underage children working at several locations and multiple franchises. The reason? They couldn’t get anyone else to work.

The Franchises were fined for having underage workers. But think about it as if you were a manager or the Franchise owner. You need the people. You need them to work. You have to turn to the only resource you can. Kids. Some are your own children or kids of other employees. You can’t let them go on payroll so you pay them under the table.

This is how good the economy is. The restaurants decided to break the many laws about what they were doing to stay in business by getting the only workers they could.

Anyone else ever see the John Wayne movie The Cowboys? I imagine the managers were feeling much the same. No choice if they wanted to stay in business.

I do not see how any of this adds up to looking good for Biden or a roaring economy

I do not look at fast food the same since Covid. In fact, if people can purchase products from markets, it is cheaper, and you know what you are getting. I read where many more people are purchasing frozen pizzas as a replacement for ones ordered at chain stores and pizza parlors.

Kids have always worked at family owned restaurants clearing tables, sweeping floors, bringing drinks

Authorities generally looked the other way

Kids have always worked at family owned restaurants clearing tables, sweeping floors, bringing drinks

Authorities generally looked the other way
There was a time though that working in employment like that may have afforded a person to at least live in a rental room environment.

Then you vote for him next time and show everyone what's your made of. JUST KEEP THE SMELL DOWN

There was a time though that working in employment like that may have afforded a person to at least live in a rental room environment.
Young children generally live with their parents

Meanwhile.................... republicans love it.

Several Republican-controlled states are currently considering weakening child labor laws, including a bill in Arkansas that would allow children as young as 14 to work without first obtaining permission.

Last week, state legislators in Arkansas passed a bill that would eliminate a requirement for kids under the age of 16 to obtain a permit in order to work.
Currently, companies in Arkansas that want to employ 14-year-olds and 15-year-olds are required to obtain a permit showing proof of age, have written permission from a parent or guardian, and provide a description of the work and the work schedule.
The bill, “The Youth Hiring Act of 2023,” would weaken the state’s oversight of child labor laws by eliminating the need for a permit altogether.

Other Republican-led states are currently considering legislation to change child labor laws too, including Iowa and Ohio. Iowa’s bill would allow minors as young as 15 to serve alcohol and allow 14-year-olds to work in industrial freezers and meat coolers. Ohio’s bill would allow minors to work year-round until 9 p.m.

Arkansas, Ohio, and Iowa’s attempts to cut regulations is happening alongside a massive uptick in child labor over the past several years, as well as increased scrutiny after several high-profile cases. The federal government fined a sanitation company privately owned by Blackstone last month for employing more than a hundred minors to clean slaughterhouses; 10 of those children were working at Tyson Foods and George’s Inc. plants in Arkansas, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.

Did anyone consider that those 10-year-olds might amount to something later in life being taught a strong work ethic in their formative years?

I was working full time at a KFC when I was 12....When school started back up I just worked the weekends.

Maybe that was one of the reasons I managed my affairs to where I retired early, I was not skeered of work.

I do not see how any of this adds up to looking good for Biden or a roaring economy

Well. I had a couple ways of presenting this. First I could say Republicans pretend to object to child labor. I could then point out how the fines paid, if they are not appealed and reduced or even eliminated, would probably be about a tenth of the profit made while the children worked.

Then I would put other states Republicans run and show how they are in favor of child labor.

Option two. I could pretend it was a problem only with McDonalds and then declare nobody else would even think about doing it. When everyone read it they would blast me as being a fool for thinking nobody else came up with this solution.

I decided to present it as a symptom of low unemployment numbers. As a tweak to the Right who insist such numbers are a lie when Democrats are in charge, but the day after a Republican takes over is proof of a great economy thanks to the Republicans.

So I went with exposing hypocrisy and propaganda as well as telling about the news story.

Any person raised on a family farm knows that children work to support the family business starting at a young age.

They call them chores

Any person raised on a family farm knows that children work to support the family business starting at a young age.

They call them chores
For once we agree - and not just on farms. My grandparents owned a little grocery, and their children started working sweeping the floor and stocking the shelves by age 12 every day after school.

Forum List

Back