Biden Says He Would Support Moving All-Star Game Over Georgia Voting Law

We get it, think and do as we do or else.
MLB is not for voter suppression. I guess that you are.

Explain exactly how the law prevents black voters from voting.
It erects hurdles that most people don't face. That is voter suppression.

Republicans figured Trump lost because too many poorer people voted. They aim to change that.

What hurdles? And how do those hurdles hurts blacks more than anyone else? And be careful, because if you say or imply blacks are too stupid to vote like anyone else you will be the biggest fucking racist on this board. Now go!

Any and all additional hurdles are wrong. We should be making voting easier not harder. The answer to long lines is NOT to make giving someone water illegal, it should be making laws that open more polling places and installing more voting booths.
Not much is easier than getting and ID and carrying it with you. Voting should be open to all of the proper age who prove citizenship. An ID does that.
You do realize that we are talking about a photo ID?

Easy? There is one location in my rather large county with no public transportation and these people don't drive.

Baseball has made a big mistake capitulating to politics. This is not a human rights, moral, or ethical issue. This is simply an election rules and procedures legislation that pisses off the party in power on a National level.
It is a voting issue. You manipulate the voting rules to make it tougher for some to vote & you alter the results. I thought any true American would give a shit about this.

Republicans figured Trump lost because too many poorer people voted. They aim to change that.

What hurdles? And how do those hurdles hurts blacks more than anyone else? And be careful, because if you say or imply blacks are too stupid to vote like anyone else you will be the biggest fucking racist on this board. Now go!

Any and all additional hurdles are wrong. We should be making voting easier not harder. The answer to long lines is NOT to make giving someone water illegal, it should be making laws that open more polling places and installing more voting booths.
Not much is easier than getting and ID and carrying it with you. Voting should be open to all of the proper age who prove citizenship. An ID does that.

I already have one. It's called a voters registration card. I'm not jumping through additional hoops to vote.

Easy? There is one location in my rather large county with no public transportation and these people don't drive.
And they cannot get a ride? Stop the bullshit. Democrats need to cheat.

I already have one. It's called a voters registration card. I'm not jumping through additional hoops to vote.
Did you get that card using ID?

And they cannot get a ride? Stop the bullshit. Democrats need to cheat.

Transportation is racist. :(

What difference does that make? It's all I need to show to vote.

It was so long ago though I can guarantee it wasn't a photo ID whatever I used.

The difference is without ID you would not have that card. Try again, you are for making fraud legal.

The president of the united states has no business telling a private business where to hold an invent in the united states....this is just another step closer to fascism the dems are taking us to

Where did he tell them to hold it?
Did you not read the title of this thread or the OP?

Sure did, now tell me where he wants to move it to.
out of GA...and he succeed with his lies and Fascist propaganda

The difference is without ID you would not have that card. Try again, you are for making fraud legal.

You can give people who register today to vote a photo ID card. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

You don't because then you would have nothing to bitch about

I need nothing but my voters registration card and I'll never be made to do anything special to ever get anything else.

You can give people who register today to vote a photo ID card. There is nothing stopping anyone from doing that.

You don't because then you would have nothing to bitch about

I need nothing but my voters registration card and I'll never be made to do anything special to ever get anything else.
Did you show ID to get that card? Yes or no.

I just have to wonder: where are all the right wing corporations and organizations boycotting states and things Biden does out of protest? Or is that just too anti-conservative to organize like that?

The president of the united states has no business telling a private business where to hold an invent in the united states....this is just another step closer to fascism the dems are taking us to

Oh I thought MLB made the decision to move the All Star game I didn't realize it was Pres. Biden.

Oh I thought MLB made the decision to move the All Star game I didn't realize it was Pres. Biden.
Geez...maybe you should go back my orginal post that you responded to....and see what I said....

Its sad that it came to this but economics is the only language that resonates with the right wing.
The right wing won't be losing any money. The MLB will. The businesses will. They are punishing Americans and they will not forget.

Right wingers don't own businesses? Yeah...you're stupid.
They do. People react badly to abuse and intimidation. Keep it up. In the long run the Right will make out like a bandit.
The right already tried that on 1/6...attacking the Capitol, murdering a police officer, Most Americans are of the opinion we dodged a bullet by not re-electing your blob.

Not sure it does. It does prevent someone from handing a bottle of water to people standing in line to vote. Its ridiculous. Especially when it's well documented that Georgia has often sat up a voting system that has very little opportunity for early voting and long lines in black communities on election day itself.

October 2020 " Still waiting three hours after she showed up to vote in Savannah on Wednesday, Khani Morgan, 75, wasn’t taking any chances with her health months after suffering a stroke: she wore a mask and a plastic shield that covered her entire face. " 3 hours in line to vote.

June 2020 "Voters across Georgia experienced long lines at the polls and widespread issues with a new $104 million voting system in the state's Tuesday primary.

In the city of Atlanta, voters waited upwards of three hours at some polling places as social distancing measures decreased the number of voting machines and people inside a polling place at one time." 3 hours in line to vote.

That's a beautiful story btw. Brings a tear to the eye. Probably complete bullshit, but hey, whatever. Everyone dealt with the same situation regardless of race. The Georgia Law requires photo i.d. now for mail in ballets. In the last election those who voted in person were discriminated against because they had to have an i.d. Mail in ballets had no such requirement.

Are you in favor of people who vote in person being discriminated against? Think carefully.

Yet somehow the long lines to cast a ballot seems to happen in black neighborhoods quite a bit in the Jim Crow South.

That being said, whatever laws are in place, if voting is that important to you...you acquire the necessary credentials and vote. There is (most often) no excuse.

As for the "story"...the long lines in black communities are well documented. Those who feign ignorance do so because they do not want to admit the truth on this.

Those that choose to vote will vote. I don't go for the anecdotes. If there is factual data to support blacks are forced to wait longer in line to vote than whites I would love to see it. Until then I think it's so much bullshit.

Here you go...

"The metro Atlanta area has been hit particularly hard. The nine counties — Fulton, Gwinnett, Forsyth, DeKalb, Cobb, Hall, Cherokee, Henry and Clayton — have nearly half of the state's active voters but only 38% of the polling places, according to the analysis. "

This is the part where you pretend you can't read.

Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. I like facts. Based on that data there appears to be a problem. Since those Counties are heavily Dim than the poor black folks in those areas have no one to blame but their Dim Overlords. As usual it is a Dim fuck up. Local elections are run by the local government.

Hopefully, loyal Dims like you will demand that the racist Dims running those local election boards will stop discriminating against black folks. I will sign up to help. Will you?

That comes as news to me.
It also comes as news to the Georgia Secretary of State's office...

"The Elections Division of the Secretary of State’s Office organizes and oversees all election activity, including voter registration, municipal, state, county, and federal elections. They are responsible for certification of election results as well as certifying the qualification of candidates and preparation of ballots and election forms and materials."

Corn hole. The local election boards set up the polling places and locations. The local election boards also certify their results. Ultimately, each State election board certifies the final vote Statewide. Did you learn nothing this last election cycle?

Again, the Georgia SoS disagrees with you. Perhaps you should argue with him.

Yes, we learned from the last election that if you guys don't like the results, you try to change the rules of the game...and when that doesn't work, you get more violent than usual.
You just kicked WelfareQueen ass with facts directly from the Georgia SoS and he can't deal with it. After telling you "give me facts".
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Its sad that it came to this but economics is the only language that resonates with the right wing.
The right wing won't be losing any money. The MLB will. The businesses will. They are punishing Americans and they will not forget.

They do. People react badly to abuse and intimidation. Keep it up. In the long run the Right will make out like a bandit.
The right already tried that on 1/6...attacking the Capitol, murdering a police officer, Most Americans are of the opinion we dodged a bullet by not re-electing your blob.

Not sure it does. It does prevent someone from handing a bottle of water to people standing in line to vote. Its ridiculous. Especially when it's well documented that Georgia has often sat up a voting system that has very little opportunity for early voting and long lines in black communities on election day itself.

October 2020 " Still waiting three hours after she showed up to vote in Savannah on Wednesday, Khani Morgan, 75, wasn’t taking any chances with her health months after suffering a stroke: she wore a mask and a plastic shield that covered her entire face. " 3 hours in line to vote.

June 2020 "Voters across Georgia experienced long lines at the polls and widespread issues with a new $104 million voting system in the state's Tuesday primary.

In the city of Atlanta, voters waited upwards of three hours at some polling places as social distancing measures decreased the number of voting machines and people inside a polling place at one time." 3 hours in line to vote.

That's a beautiful story btw. Brings a tear to the eye. Probably complete bullshit, but hey, whatever. Everyone dealt with the same situation regardless of race. The Georgia Law requires photo i.d. now for mail in ballets. In the last election those who voted in person were discriminated against because they had to have an i.d. Mail in ballets had no such requirement.

Are you in favor of people who vote in person being discriminated against? Think carefully.

Yet somehow the long lines to cast a ballot seems to happen in black neighborhoods quite a bit in the Jim Crow South.

That being said, whatever laws are in place, if voting is that important to you...you acquire the necessary credentials and vote. There is (most often) no excuse.

As for the "story"...the long lines in black communities are well documented. Those who feign ignorance do so because they do not want to admit the truth on this.

Those that choose to vote will vote. I don't go for the anecdotes. If there is factual data to support blacks are forced to wait longer in line to vote than whites I would love to see it. Until then I think it's so much bullshit.

Here you go...

"The metro Atlanta area has been hit particularly hard. The nine counties — Fulton, Gwinnett, Forsyth, DeKalb, Cobb, Hall, Cherokee, Henry and Clayton — have nearly half of the state's active voters but only 38% of the polling places, according to the analysis. "

Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. I like facts. Based on that data there appears to be a problem. Since those Counties are heavily Dim than the poor black folks in those areas have no one to blame but their Dim Overlords. As usual it is a Dim fuck up. Local elections are run by the local government.

Hopefully, loyal Dims like you will demand that the racist Dims running those local election boards will stop discriminating against black folks. I will sign up to help. Will you?

"The Elections Division of the Secretary of State’s Office organizes and oversees all election activity, including voter registration, municipal, state, county, and federal elections. They are responsible for certification of election results as well as certifying the qualification of candidates and preparation of ballots and election forms and materials."

Corn hole. The local election boards set up the polling places and locations. The local election boards also certify their results. Ultimately, each State election board certifies the final vote Statewide. Did you learn nothing this last election cycle?

Yes, we learned from the last election that if you guys don't like the results, you try to change the rules of the game...and when that doesn't work, you get more violent than usual.

No. You're an idiot. Local polling places are set up by local election boards in every State in the Union. Christ are you really that fucking stupid? If there are too few polling places in a Dim county talk to your local election board.

Nope. No where does it say the the Georgia SoS sets up each individual polling place. That is false. You are are lying.
" "The Elections Division of the Secretary of State’s Office organizes and oversees all election activity, "

All election activity. I win.
You won this debate 20 posts ago.

Here you go...

You just kicked WelfareQueen ass with facts directly from the Georgia SoS and he can't deal with it. After telling you "give me facts".
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
The GA. SOS brother works for the CCP. The SOS is corrupt. What he says means shit.

Here you go...

No. You're an idiot. Local polling places are set up by local election boards in every State in the Union. Christ are you really that fucking stupid? If there are too few polling places in a Dim county talk to your local election board.

Nope. No where does it say the the Georgia SoS sets up each individual polling place. That is false. You are are lying.
" "The Elections Division of the Secretary of State’s Office organizes and oversees all election activity, "

All election activity. I win.

You've gone full retard.
You should be man enough to admit that you're wrong. But you're not.

In an interview on ESPN, President Biden discussed the restrictions passed by the state’s Republicans last week and encouraged baseball fans to abide by social-distancing protocols.

WASHINGTON — President Biden said on Wednesday that he would “strongly support” Major League Baseball moving its All-Star Game from Atlanta after the executive director of the players’ union said he was open to discussing such a move after Georgia Republicans passed a law last week to restrict voting access in the state.

“The very people who are victimized the most are the people who are the leaders in these various sports,” Mr. Biden said in an interview on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” the night before opening day. “And it’s just not right.”

Progs are easily the least likeable people on earth.
Once again democrats show they Hate everything American, even our sports

Last edited:

Forum List

Back