Biden to Take Third Vacation of the Year

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Biden to Take Third Vacation of the Year | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Vice President Biden today is enjoying his third vacation of the year, a five day sojourn on South Carolina’s luxurious Kiawah Island, where he will no doubt partake of his favorite pastime, golf.

Biden and his wife Jill arrived on the island – known as a golf mecca – Thursday night and are not scheduled to depart before Monday.

Obama and Biden’s trip is the latest episode in a bout of rampant vacationing by the First and Second Families, who have been roaring out of Washington this year on taxpayer-funded excursions even as the deficit mounts and the sequester axes jobs and critical spending on other priorities.

How many vacations do you take a year ? And have someone else pay for it.Irresponsibility and arrogance epitomized!:cuckoo:

$Obama-and-Biden-297x300.jpg

You'd think we have piles of money laying around Washington. I think it's completely inappropriate during the Sequester. Before anyone says something stupid, like they deserve vacations like other presidents, I remind you that during the extraordinarily difficult financial times we are enduring, it's in the absolute poorest of taste to flaunt the fact that they can still live the high life- on our dime. No president would escape criticism considering this country is broke and operating on borrowed money. It's bad enough we still hand out billions in aid, we don't need our elected officials acting like spoiled royals.

Biden to Take Third Vacation of the Year | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

Vice President Biden today is enjoying his third vacation of the year, a five day sojourn on South Carolina’s luxurious Kiawah Island, where he will no doubt partake of his favorite pastime, golf.

Biden and his wife Jill arrived on the island – known as a golf mecca – Thursday night and are not scheduled to depart before Monday.

Obama and Biden’s trip is the latest episode in a bout of rampant vacationing by the First and Second Families, who have been roaring out of Washington this year on taxpayer-funded excursions even as the deficit mounts and the sequester axes jobs and critical spending on other priorities.

How many vacations do you take a year ? And have someone else pay for it.Irresponsibility and arrogance epitomized!:cuckoo:

View attachment 25207

And???????????????????????? The President and VP work 24/7 much of the year, so if they take a few weeks of vacation who gives a flying fuck? They deserve it, and that goes for any president past, present, and future. Get off the bullshit train.

BTW, how much vacation time do our Congressmen and Senators get?

You'd think we have piles of money laying around Washington. I think it's completely inappropriate during the Sequester. Before anyone says something stupid, like they deserve vacations like other presidents, I remind you that during the extraordinarily difficult financial times we are enduring, it's in the absolute poorest of taste to flaunt the fact that they can still live the high life- on our dime. No president would escape criticism considering this country is broke and operating on borrowed money. It's bad enough we still hand out billions in aid, we don't need our elected officials acting like spoiled royals.

There is nothing inappropriate about calling you out on this. They work hard and deserve vacation time. Realistically, they are ridiculously underpayed for the jobs they hold, but that is part of the deal. I have no problem with the President, Vice President, and/or members of Congress taking vacation time.

Gee, if I was getting the same kind of "results" as Barry, Joe or the Congress at my job, I'd most likely be getting a permanent vacation...just saying.

What I'm constantly amused by is how often Barry and Joe seem to blame the "rich" for all of our problems...yet every chance they get...the two of them jet off to Martha's Vineyard, or Hawaii or Hilton Head to hang out with the rich.

All a matter of tone, I guess...coming from one of the most "tone deaf" Administrations in the nation's history.

View attachment 25207
I hope you signed up for their emails. This wingnut site has some earth-shattering news.

Its not a "vacation", mostly. He comes to Charlesotn a lot. He has friends here, and they do a lot of fundraisers for him. He's returning the favor.

How? Elizabeth Colbert is about to run against Mark Sanford for a House seat here in the coastal SC area. She is considered to be tied neck and neck. In freaking dark red South Carolina. As the more liberal area of Charleston is growing rapidly, so is the left leaning population of this state. Colbert winning this seat would be a coup for the Democrats, and with Mark Sanford running- who trashed family values and wasted taxpayer money to have an affair as governor- they have a chance to win it.

I'm sure Biden is returning some of the fundraising favors the coastal SC Dems and friends he has here by showing up and meeting with the Elizabeth Colbert campaign team.

Its not a "vacation", mostly. He comes to Charlesotn a lot. He has friends here, and they do a lot of fundraisers for him. He's returning the favor.

How? Elizabeth Colbert is about to run against Mark Sanford for a House seat here in the coastal SC area. She is considered to be tied neck and neck. In freaking dark red South Carolina. As the more liberal area of Charleston is growing rapidly, so is the left leaning population of this state. Colbert winning this seat would be a coup for the Democrats, and with Mark Sanford running- who trashed family values and wasted taxpayer money to have an affair as governor- they have a chance to win it.

I'm sure Biden is returning some of the fundraising favors the coastal SC Dems and friends he has here by showing up and meeting with the Elizabeth Colbert campaign team.

So are you saying the DNC should be footing the bill?

There is nothing inappropriate about calling you out on this. They work hard and deserve vacation time. Realistically, they are ridiculously under payed for the jobs they hold, but that is part of the deal. I have no problem with the President, Vice President, and/or members of Congress taking vacation time.

Under payed and overworked ? That's some funny shit..

$b73125b8ca6a5a5f6ae483f11419d4dd_4.jpg

View attachment 25207

Sounds like an extended weekend

I can see why you are outraged

View attachment 25207

And???????????????????????? The President and VP work 24/7 much of the year, so if they take a few weeks of vacation who gives a flying fuck? They deserve it, and that goes for any president past, present, and future. Get off the bullshit train.

BTW, how much vacation time do our Congressmen and Senators get?

Uhm, how can they work 24/7 when they're on a perpetual state of vacation? Frankly, given their abysmal track record, they don't deserver one day of vacation.

View attachment 25207

Wow! This is earthshattering news!

He deserves some perks after that spanking he gave Paul Ryan in the debate. :)

He's also been on the road a lot promoting gun control and other Democratic issues. That's a lot more work than most VPs do and a lot more than we've seen throughout the Bush/Cheney years.

View attachment 25207

Oh it's an atrocity, isn't it? Of course he didn't shoot anyone yet but that doesn't mean he isn't working hard. :razz:

View attachment 25207

Oh it's an atrocity, isn't it? Of course he didn't shoot anyone yet but that doesn't mean he isn't working hard. :razz:

I know ...

He is taking a three day weekend and playing..........GOLF

Can't you feel the conservative outrage?

Forum List

Back