Biden's Cabinet

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Candy brought up Biden's choice of cabinet picks, and I did a small compare contrast between his first choice for DOD
Michèle Flournoy, who seems a died in the wool internationalist interventionist v. Ret. Gen Lloyd Austin who seems a bit more less inclined to commit troops

But who raises eyebrows at least among progressives for his military background and not having civilians as the Sec of Def.
I agree with Biden's case for Gen Austin

And today's NYT has Ross Douthat questioning Biden's pic of political warrior rather than a medical person for HHS. Douthat as a social conservative, but not with any need to join with bishops formerly protecting pedophiles in throwing a guy like Biden out of church
Xavier Becerra Xavier Becerra - Wikipedia

Generally I agree with Douthat's general thesis that Biden needs to get ahold of the virus and steer us to peace and prosperity. And prepare to confront the dead ender party of Rump in 24. I'd say make deals with allies to confront China on trade and military expansion too.

PS, I really have no idea if this thread meets "standards," but given that the board is acutally a collection of Trumpanzees' fantastic musings, I really don't give a shit

Candy brought up Biden's choice of cabinet picks, and I did a small compare contrast between his first choice for DOD
Michèle Flournoy, who seems a died in the wool internationalist interventionist v. Ret. Gen Lloyd Austin who seems a bit more less inclined to commit troops

But who raises eyebrows at least among progressives for his military background and not having civilians as the Sec of Def.

And today's NYT has Ross Douthat questioning Biden's pic of political warrior rather than a medical person for HHS. Douthat as a social conservative, but not with any need to join with bishops formerly protecting pedophiles in throwing a guy like Biden out of church

Generally I agree with Douthat's general thesis that Biden needs to get ahold of the virus and steer us to peace and prosperity. And prepare to confront the dead ender party of Rump in 24. I'd say make deals with allies to confront China on trade and military expansion too.

PS, I really have no idea if this thread meets "standards," but given that the board is acutally a collection of Trumpanzees' fantastic musings, I really don't give a shit
Most likely the worst cabinet in history.

Thanks for the response. At least it's good to not be talking about the trumpanzees imaginary meanderings of "oh they stole my teddy bear."

Blinken is fine for SOS.

Yellen's a great pick for Treasury. The only one who didn't like her was Trump. LOL

Imo Gen Austin is a compelling guy DOD. I disliked the notion of Flournory since she is of the school of elective wars of no end. Imo we need to rethink the notion that having a military background somehow disqualifies a person from Sec of Defense. The Trump years showed that our military is trained to respect the civilian control, and limits on that control.

Mayorkas at Homeland Sec. The only question with him imo how he and Biden stand on illegal immigration. I'm in favor of deporting people illegally here. Biden … that was my biggest concern about him. He seems an open border kind of guy, imo.

Putin doesn't like Avril Haines as Natl Sec Advisor. (thumbs up)

Rouse at council of econ advisors. She's new as opposed to Summers or somebody. She's genius material. Worked at Princeton and TRowPrice … but her hubby is Toni Morrison's son, so she can't be all bad. LOL

Tanden seems a person who likes to pick fights. I don't like her pick.

Ditto Becerra

Vilsak is sort of a fall back guy, but he's not objectionable at Agriculture.

That reminds me, I had this cabinet in my kitchen in my old house that just refused to open. Over time it just got harder and harder to open till it just closed shut forever. I had to literally chop it apart to get what was inside out again.

But yea, Biden's cabinet is worse.

You think JoeXi Biden, the Sun King of the Chinese communist party, is going to "make deals with allies to confront China on trade and military expansion"??? LOL

Forum List

Back