Biden’s student loan cancellations to cost taxpayers $559B as households earning $300K benefit the most: study

I did the math. 750,000 households getting average of $25,000.

That’s just under $19 billion out of the total $559 billion.

It’s pretty simple. Not surprised the hit piece didn’t mention it.

Nobody should be getting anything you moron, they should pay off their own damn debt. How are you entitled to anyone else's money to pay off your debt? You're not.

I did the math. 750,000 households getting average of $25,000.

That’s just under $19 billion out of the total $559 billion.

It’s pretty simple. Not surprised the hit piece didn’t mention it.
Whatever figure it is, $19 billion, more, or less, it is not out of the total $559 billion. The $559 billion is a completely separate program.

It is billions more, in addition to the hundreds of billions already promised.

Your premise is wrong, Marener.

What data?

Is the national debt somehow smaller with your data?
I already explained it. The article says that the 750,000 households making over $300k will get an average of $25,000. Multiple that and you get about $19 billion. Divide that by the overall package costing $559 billion and you realize this is less than 4% of the overall package that you're outraged by.

Thes are all numbers given to us in the article. All I did was some critical thinking.

I will note that it didn't provide any links to the model they're referencing, which is suspicious.

Did you not read the article?

What about the students and families that have already sacrificed to pay for their college? Are they just screwed?

Is this going to be done annually, or just for these lucky people this one time?

We remain addicted to dumb band-aids.

Wow, we agree. Amazing.

Right wing opposition to higher education is the height of their reactionism.

Illegal transfer of debt is opposition to higher education?

You seem unable to address the fact that Biden's vote buying scheme has already been struck down by the USSC.

This is just willful illegality.

'Reactionism', is that a new word for you? 🤡 Fuck you and your bullshit. Conservatives are about paying their own damn way, and everyone else should as well. You like taking money from poor people barely getting by to pay for little Karen's degree who's parents make six figures, you don't give a damn about the one's footing the bill at all, you only care about what the dem cult tells you to care about. Pure evil.

We aren’t opposed to higher education. We are opposed to higher indoctrination, which is a real problem in our very liberal universities. We are pumping out educated fools.

I already explained it. The article says that the 750,000 households making over $300k will get an average of $25,000. Multiple that and you get about $19 billion. Divide that by the overall package costing $559 billion and you realize this is less than 4% of the overall package that you're outraged by.

Thes are all numbers given to us in the article. All I did was some critical thinking.

I will note that it didn't provide any links to the model they're referencing, which is suspicious.

The $559 billion is a completely different program, not addressed by the Wharton Penn Model.

You can not divide this cost into the cost of a separate proposal.

I just find it very petty that people are so upset that college loans are being forgiven.

Why can't you people be happy for once?

We are upset because we are paying for them. Will Democrats forgive car loans next? Most people need a car, right?

So no. You didn't use Wharton data. You applied your own math and then falsely and dishonestly represented you used Wharton data.

We aren’t opposed to higher education. We are opposed to higher indoctrination, which is a real problem in our very liberal universities. We are pumping out educated fools.
The elites in the Republican party aren't opposed to higher education. They understand perfectly well that higher education is a sound investment and they will absolutely send their kids to those very liberal universities because those are also, surprise, the best universities.

Meanwhile they've convinced the rank and file that going to college is costly and dangerous with no benefit, which results in the rank and file being left behind economically and socially.

We are upset because we are paying for them. Will Democrats forgive car loans next? Most people need a car, right?
The country has a very strong interest in people going to college.

I just find it very petty that people are so upset that college loans are being forgiven.

Why can't you people be happy for once?

No loans are forgiven. Debt is moved.

It's important to understand some basic concepts such as more than $1/2 Trillion dollars in debt doesn't magically disappear.

Forum List

Back