Big Mac in Denmark

I've never worked a min wage job in my life.
I used the talents I honed as a kid while racing BMX. I of course knew how to tear down a bike and rebuild it.
Went to my local bicycle shop and got a job.
Easy peasy.
Kids nowadays dont know shit about anything other than video games.
Hell,the vast majority couldnt perform an oil change or change a flat tire if their life depended on it.

I've a friend who lives in Charlotte, NC, and her 16 year old son is one of the clumsiest kids I've ever met. He can't swing a baseball bat, much less actually hit a ball. He sucks at basketball, tennis, golf, football, lacrosse... the list goes on. But that kid can flat-out ride the shit out of a bicycle.

He never rode BMX, but his local bike shop hired him on his 16th birthday. I think he's making $16 or $17 an hour, plus his customers give generous tips when he repairs their bikes. I once watched him completely take apart and reassemble a Trek Madone SLR 7 inside of an hour...

I only liked the McDonald fish burgers and fries but haven't been to one in years.
The only fast food place I'll go to nowadays is Chick-fil-A
I think the last McD's food I ate was a Quarter Pounder with cheese in Liverpool in 2006. I was amazed that it tasted exactly like the same thing from the McD's down the street from where I lived in Washington state.

The people responsible for these shouldn't be getting $9 an hour, they should be getting fired:

1490132879-gywnn.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7c358cbc__700.jpg

mcdonalds-food-fails-mcsenget-instagram-1.jpg

561e79db9dd7cc03308b66bb

wl35q3hj8n541.jpg

This-Instagram-account-features-the-worst-McDonalds-hamburgers-6193a7afe8c71__700.jpg

And let's not forget how often they simply fuck up the orders. I ordered a Quarter Pounder with cheese once at the drive through and received a Filet O' Fish. I parked the truck and walked inside, carrying the entire order I was given and my receipt, which clearly showed a Quarter Pounder with cheese. I asked to speak to speak to the manager who, despite being a remarkable pleasant young woman, was also monumentally stupid. She asked "Are you sure you didn't order the Filet O' Fish?"

I kinda' let her have it. How could that even be a reasonable question?

She got a Quarter Pounder with cheese and placed it in the bag with my fries. It was then that I told her I wanted a fresh order of fries, as I had to be in the restaurant dealing with her and her stupid questions instead of enjoying my fries as I was screaming down I-95.

Before I left the restaurant I looked at the manage and told her that she was supposed to be setting the example for the workers there, whose average age was probably 19.

She set a poor example, and I made sure her workers were aware of that...
As she went to the back and told them we have a special boys!!!

Are sure you didn’t order the fish or mind melded with someone why thinking of fish or had that look you needed fish instead of a burger?

( As you scream while typing “ it was on the damn receipt! “ …. )

I got a job at a factory, since I thought a McDonalds job was beneath me. I'll be getting $18.75 an hour, with all kinds of benefits. Vacation could be better, but I'm not complaining. The only spot I want to go vacation at, is only two hours away.
Is Gettysburg a big vaction spot?

Chick-Fil-A has a great grilled chicken sandwich. I remember the first time I saw the drive-thru line. I was flabbergasted. They've got that shit down to a science, though, and they keep that line moving...
The Chick-fil-A close to my house has a line of cars completely around the building most of the time.
But the astounding thing is the line is two cars wide. The outside line has an intercom system to take your order same as the inside line. Then all the cars in both lanes take turns converging into a single line to pay and pick up their order on the other side of the building.
How the workers can keep up with the car orders, plus the throng of people inside building placing dine in orders, is truly amazing!!

Last edited:
I've a friend who lives in Charlotte, NC, and her 16 year old son is one of the clumsiest kids I've ever met. He can't swing a baseball bat, much less actually hit a ball. He sucks at basketball, tennis, golf, football, lacrosse... the list goes on. But that kid can flat-out ride the shit out of a bicycle.

He never rode BMX, but his local bike shop hired him on his 16th birthday. I think he's making $16 or $17 an hour, plus his customers give generous tips when he repairs their bikes. I once watched him completely take apart and reassemble a Trek Madone SLR 7 inside of an hour...

Yep...
Learn to do something you enjoy,besides video games,and you'll do well.
While working in the bike shop I learned all about high end touring bikes and racing bikes.
At that point I could walk into most any bike shop and get a job.
Met a guy the other day at a shop here in Katy Texas when I was buying a new city bike. Turns out he worked with me at Dairy Ashford Schwinn around 30 years ago. You can actually make a career out of it if you get really good at it.
The only reason I got out of it was to take a job at a machine shop. A buddy of mine worked there and he was going back to college so he put in the good word for me.
And there started my carrier as a machinist.

When did fast food jobs go from being experience builders for teens (job, responsibility, budgeting, money management, etc.) living at home to having to support a family of five?

What could possibly justify paying a burger flipper the same as, or more than, an EMT?

The Chick-fil-A close to my house has a line of cars completely around the building most of the time.
But the astounding thing is the line is two cars wide. The outside line has an intercom system to take your order same as the inside line. Then all the cars in both lanes take turns converging into a single line to pay and pick up their order on the other side of the building.
How the workers can keep up with the car orders, plus the throng of people inside building placing dine in orders, is truly amazing!!
What does "Chick-fil-A" mean?

When did fast food jobs go from being experience builders for teens (job, responsibility, budgeting, money management, etc.) living at home to having to support a family of five?

What could possibly justify paying a burger flipper the same as, or more than, an EMT?

Well, see, it's never gone from being an experience builder for teens to having to support a family of five.

The idiots on the left, however, want you to believe it's made that transition...

And when you ponder the fact that there is no "burger flipping" involved that it makes it even more confusing why they should get paid so much just for pushing a button on the microwave.

Good for you.

You say "I'll be getting...", so is it safe to assume that you've not started yet and that's your starting hourly wage? Vacation is nice, but benefits is what you should be looking at if you're just entering the job market.

Mind if I ask your age?

My first pay check is going to be given to me on Thursday. I've already started, and hourly wage is $18.75 an hour. I'm 19.

Forum List

Back