Big tent

regent

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2012
An article by Nicholas Confessore, New York Times suggests that the political party big-tent concept may be obsolete? With the Citizens United decision america will now begin to have numerous smaller groups obligated to money donors not to party? Will the Koch brothers have their own following, and those followers will vote the way the Koch's say? Is the Tea party part of that change? Money has always been a huge part of elections but will big money now become even bigger by controling various blocs of voters? Will Americans begin to say, I'm a Koch voter rather than I'm a Republican, or even know they are Koch voters?

Will Americans begin to say, I'm a Koch voter rather than I'm a Republican, or even know they are Koch voters?

Want to start a pool on how long it will take before this thread winds up in the Conspiracy Theory section? :cuckoo:

I think it is a valid question, with people all too eager to wear their brand loyalty on their shirt is it that out of the question that eventually even political parties become corporate sponsored ad campaigns? What is the difference anymore between lobbying and campaigning?

An article by Nicholas Confessore, New York Times suggests that the political party big-tent concept may be obsolete? With the Citizens United decision america will now begin to have numerous smaller groups obligated to money donors not to party? Will the Koch brothers have their own following, and those followers will vote the way the Koch's say? Is the Tea party part of that change? Money has always been a huge part of elections but will big money now become even bigger by controling various blocs of voters? Will Americans begin to say, I'm a Koch voter rather than I'm a Republican, or even know they are Koch voters?

The democrats will continue to demagogue about helping the poor and the GOP will continue to demagogue about smaller government. Meanwhile, neither party will do either as corporate money continues to greese the wheels of both parties.

What can you say as we watch the middle class disappear with paying higher premiums with corporations now setting our tax rates with less medical coverage. It's the best damn government money can buy.

Oh, and as for democracy, that ended some time ago. How else can you explain this with Congress only having a 10% approval rating and keep getting elected anyway?

Last edited:
I'm all for a smaller tent. Let's start by bootin the libtards out of the country
We founded it, so, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Nonsense. The Founders believed in freedom, personal responsibility, people helping each other, and government having as little to do with their personal lives as possible.

Not the all-encompassing government-uber-alles you keep pushing between insults.

Forum List

Back