Bill Allowing Businesses to Refuse Gays Service

Joe+Rogan+on+gay+marriage_4b30ea_4808275.png

You're so fortunate that you can never be prosecuted for all the oxygen that you're stealing.

No, the first thing you need to learn is the English language, and the ability to discern different meanings and definitions of a word.

Discriminate

discriminate against:
1) to treat someone unfairly because of their religion, race, or other personal features

Employers are not allowed to discriminate on the basis of gender.

discriminate between
2) to recognize the difference between things
You're going to lecture people on the English language and apply your word usage to their comments when you feel like it? The first thing you need to learn is how not to be an asshole. Remember, the longest journey begins with but a single step.

Discriminate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
dis·crim·i·nat·eddis·crim·i·nat·ing
Full Definition of DISCRIMINATE
transitive verb
a : to mark or perceive the distinguishing or peculiar features of
b : distinguish, differentiate <discriminate hundreds of colors>
: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
a : to make a distinction <discriminate among historical sources>
b : to use good judgment
: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>
See discriminate defined for English-language learners »
See discriminate defined for kids »

So you can't comprehend the difference between discriminate against vs. discriminate between?

Seriously, you are a retard.

No, the first thing you need to learn is the English language, and the ability to discern different meanings and definitions of a word.

Discriminate

discriminate against:
1) to treat someone unfairly because of their religion, race, or other personal features

Employers are not allowed to discriminate on the basis of gender.

discriminate between
2) to recognize the difference between things
You're going to lecture people on the English language and apply your word usage to their comments when you feel like it? The first thing you need to learn is how not to be an asshole. Remember, the longest journey begins with but a single step.

transitive verb
: to distinguish by discerning or exposing differences; especially : to distinguish from another like object
intransitive verb
: to make a difference in treatment or favor on a basis other than individual merit <discriminate in favor of your friends> <discriminate against a certain nationality>

So you can't comprehend the difference between discriminate against vs. discriminate between?

Two biologically incompatible organisms can never have a NORMAL relationship. Discriminate on that.

So here is what this law means righties.

A "Small Business Owner" in Arizona who is a Non-Christian, can deny service to a "Christian".

Thank you and good night.

Try thinking next time.

And?

They have thought about it and I doubt that a single person here supporting this measure would want government to stem in and stop this. That is the thing with those supporting actual freedom and rights – it is really easy to be consistent.

To compare that to the plight that blacks faces is absolutely disgusting. They are not on the same level – not by a million miles.
Very true. It's an offensive comparison but from people with no shame that will use any tactic to get their way.

I think a bar refusing to serve a gay customer is something very similar to a bar refusing to serve a black customer.

Neither can be justified on the grounds of exercising one's "religious freedom", either.

This is what I'm most concerned about when talking about this new bill.

I never said it was different but this statement shows that you have missed the entire point that I made. Go read my entire post – the key difference here is the scale.

Gays are not threated with being an underclass and not having access to anything at all whereas blacks were threatened in that manner.

The five whole businesses in the nation that would actually refuse to serve a gay couple just don’t justify all this asinine protection.

In either case, we're solving a perceived social ill by violating the fundamental freedom of association. It's ultimately bad medicine.

In general yes but I am not sure how we would have addressed the segregation after slavery. There was a very real and present danger of creating an underclass in this nation that would have eventually tore the country apart.

I am not confident that this would have simply ‘solved itself.’

We'll never know for sure, I suppose. Regardless, the efficacy of the policy doesn't prevent us from recognizing its downside. And it doesn't mean we must remain saddled with it as an inviolable precedent. We 'solved' many problems historically in ways we now consider reprehensible.
I completely agree. I think the important part of your statements are that such protections should – at some point – actually go away because they are no longer necessary.

It is a fact that bigotry and racism will exist as long as humans exist. It is part of our nature for a few idiots to do idiotic things. Do such protections actually serve a purpose anymore though? I am not so sure.

transitive verb
intransitive verb

Two biologically incompatible organisms can never have a NORMAL relationship. Discriminate on that.

People with your level of hate and ignorance can not have a NORMAL relationship. You and your ilk are a cancer on our society. Why is it liberals are called 'communists', yet it is YOUR beliefs that are identical to scum like Putin? Discriminate on that.

A "Small Business Owner" in Arizona who is a Non-Christian, can deny service to a "Christian".

Try thinking next time.

And?

They have thought about it and I doubt that a single person here supporting this measure would want government to stem in and stop this. That is the thing with those supporting actual freedom and rights – it is really easy to be consistent.

Actual freedom and rights? You and your ilk are a perversion of actual freedom and rights.

Cecilie1200 said:
No, we're defending THE RIGHT to discriminate.

Quantum Windbag said:
Jesus used physical force and beat the crap out of people that offended him, would you prefer that approach?

Actual freedom and rights? You and your ilk are a perversion of actual freedom and rights.

The lack of common understanding on this concept is definitely a large part of the political divide right now.

The lack of common understanding on this concept is definitely a large part of the political divide right now.

There is no 'misunderstanding'. People like Cecilie1200 and Quantum Windbag have made the right wing beliefs perfectly clear...CRYSTAL.

Cecilie1200 said:

Quantum Windbag said:
Jesus used physical force and beat the crap out of people that offended him, would you prefer that approach?

There is no 'misunderstanding'. People like Cecilie1200 and Quantum Windbag have made the right wing beliefs perfectly clear...CRYSTAL.

Cecilie1200 said:

Quantum Windbag said:

I think you missed my point. I didn't say there was a misunderstanding. I said there's a lack of common understanding. You see it differently than them, right?

Hell they can deny you service if you don't have yer shirt on. What are we gonna do about that shit?

OKTexas above uses the "biological" incompatibility as a political concept similar to that the Nazis used to build their racial theory.

One, it is inaccurate.

Two, it is stupid, because his side is in the small minority.

Try thinking next time.

And?

Cecilie1200 said:

Quantum Windbag said:
me and my ilk huh?

You have no idea what you are talking about but then again, that is not much of a surprise.

People with your level of hate and ignorance can not have a NORMAL relationship. You and your ilk are a cancer on our society. Why is it liberals are called 'communists', yet it is YOUR beliefs that are identical to scum like Putin? Discriminate on that.

Another fine example of trying to understand a differing opinion from a member of the "tolerance" party!

:eusa_clap:

How can it possibly be someone's "private life" if they're doing it in a place that the leftists keep telling us is "public"? Their whole freaking argument is based on the idea that someone's privately owned business is "public property", but NOW they want to trot out that tired canard of "private lives".

Could you leftists out there at least learn to SPELL the word "consistency"? You can't seem to SHOW any, but even a little progress would be nice.
True, it doesn't make sense to say stay out of our bedrooms then turn around and say you're discriminating because you don't like our bedrooms. :confused:

I said discriminate and even gave examples. You said discriminate against and couldn't grasp what the examples meant. You're an unethical simpleton, so your opinion on someone else's intellect is meaningless.

With you're with your level of hate and ignorance can not have a NORMAL relationship. You and your ilk are a cancer on our society. Why is it liberals are called 'communists', yet it is YOUR beliefs that are identical to scum like Putin? Discriminate on that.
Do you mean discriminate against or between? LOL.

Whether one bleieves in creation or secular evolution, the genders are what makes the species exist. Most of us learn this very early on. I've always believed that sexuality is determined by one's outlook in life. That's why some straight laced people are kinky in the bedroom, for example, they are acting on their true selves.

Homosexuals, EVERY one I've met or talked to have very contradictory personalities. They spend their time pounding round pegs into square holes and square pegs into round holes. And demand to know who says that the square peg belongs in the square hole?

To not recognize what is normal is a perfect example. That's why it's impossible to reason with them, logic is replaced by denial. Thought is replaced by emotion. Which in turn fuels their distain, name calling, slander and hatred for anyone that disagrees with them.

Of course Gov. Brewer vetoed the bill and refused to protect the people’s fundamental right to be free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

Let us not forget this is the same Governor that signed onto Obamacare and agreed to expand Medicaid and put an additional 300,000 residents on government’s free cheese wagon which hard working taxpayers are having their paycheck confiscated to fund.

What she ignored today was upholding the Constitution and a fundamental right of people being free to mutually agree in their contracts and associations.

JWK

A legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

I said discriminate and even gave examples. You said discriminate against and couldn't grasp what the examples meant. You're an unethical simpleton, so your opinion on someone else's intellect is meaningless.

You used the term 'discriminate' in the form of between when talking about business decisions, i.e. should the owner of a pizza parlor spend extra to use the better cheese and pepperoni brands.

That has nothing to do with that same owner discriminating against gays by refusing to sell them pizza.

If THIS is too difficult for you to decipher and comprehend, then you should seek professional help for a cognitive disorder.

Forum List

Back