Bill introduced to drug test legislators - About time, don't ya think...

I sure do hope that this bill gets traction and passes in PA. I would love to see this legislation enacted at the federal level! Were it to happen, I'm predicting a 10 - 20% 'coincidental' retirement of Congressional members from the Dems and somewhere in the single digit % from the Repubs...

Philadelphia Representative Proposes Bill To Drug Test All Pennsylvania Lawmakers

So what's the punishment if they fail the test? Embarrassment?

Elected officials are still elected officials. It's not illegal to have traces of illegal drugs in your body.

Many in the private sector get fired for failing drug tests; it should be no different for any politician.

Politicians don't get fired. They can be impeached or lose elections.

If they lose the election, they got fired.

I sure do hope that this bill gets traction and passes in PA. I would love to see this legislation enacted at the federal level! Were it to happen, I'm predicting a 10 - 20% 'coincidental' retirement of Congressional members from the Dems and somewhere in the single digit % from the Repubs...

Philadelphia Representative Proposes Bill To Drug Test All Pennsylvania Lawmakers

Elected officials are still elected officials. It's not illegal to have traces of illegal drugs in your body.

Many in the private sector get fired for failing drug tests; it should be no different for any politician.

They work on machinery and drive that can cause death. Why do you need to take a drug test for a desk jockey job?

Hear, hear.

I've been on a random drug and alcohol screening program for the last 41 years. (Air Force and aviation career). I'm 60 now and have never failed a drug or alcohol test required by my employer but I'm still on the hook after all these years and all I do now is teach class. I get popped about once a year to pee in a jar or blow in a tube or both.

It's always chapped my arse that I have to meet this mandatory screening requirement to earn money that is taxed and sent to pay politicians and welfare deadbeats who don't have to pass a drug test to receive my tax dollars.

No hair screen???

I am only concerned if they are on Dementia medications.

Or not.:ack-1:

iu

I hate to see that. Judging from their age I bet the drug test would go off the charts. Old people take up to 10 meds each day. They have everything from Prostrate, to pee retention, heart , crohns, blood pressure, name the Merck Manual.

it was the poppy seeds.

Yep. After I retired from flying and started this part-time teaching gig, my wife and I were out to dinner and she orders poppy seed cake for desert. She asked me if I wanted a bite. I said no, I can't eat that. I might fail a drug test. She snorted and asked, "What are you worried about? All you do is teach class. No one is going to care."

Guess what happened at 08:00 the next morning?

iu

Yes, I know but there needs to be some mechanism put in place to end this non sense.
If they initiate drug testing, and one fails, they should be fired.

Their constituents get a chance to fire them come the next election...but that's about it.

Yes, I know but there needs to be some mechanism put in place to end this non sense.

Their constituents get a chance to fire them come the next election...but that's about it.

As I stated; that needs to change in the context of the potential for drug tests & those that may fail said tests.

As I stated; that needs to change in the context of the potential for drug tests & those that may fail said tests.

Good luck getting the politicians that will be tested to make a law like that!

Good luck getting the politicians that will be tested to make a law like that!

Politicians in general are spineless swine, no matter the party.
It is no wonder they fail to hold themselves to the same standards as those that elect them.

20171006_STAT_Kim_Pharmacist_0237-1600x900-1024x576.jpg

My goodness, I did a post on this shortly after joining USMB. Interestingly though, back when this story broke big many of the MSM news sources make U subscribe to read the whole article, hmmm? Pharmacy hand-delivers drugs to Congress, a perk for the powerful

Yehh, F that bull sheite! we'll go with fox as they don't do that shit (yet)...
Uproar as Capitol Hill pharmacist dishes on Alzheimer's prescriptions for the powerful

I think this topic has been beaten to death for several cycles already but apparently 'drugs' are an interesting topic to y'all...
It's rather simple, HIPPA would have to be thrown out the window (patient confidentiality) for this to even be possible. So if they agree to reveal medical records or it becomes a condition of elected office; those who have something to hide (for whatever reason) coincidentally announce their retirement or push through the ramifications of the revelation. The ultimate determination is made at the ballot box (as y'all know).

Forum List

Back