Bill Walton passes away from cancer at 71

He was a prep star in my hometown of San Diego at Helix High.

We also had a top rated center at the school that I attended named Clarence Brown, and they were arch rivals.
Clarence was a good friend of mine and he was friends off the court with Bill, so I met up and hung out with them a few times back in high school.
Very nice, easy going guy, and a top notch baller.

I had heard from a few people back in San Diego that he was fighting cancer, but didn't know it was so far advanced

RIP Bill

We also had a top rated center at the school that I attended named Clarence Brown, and they were arch rivals.
Clarence was a good friend of mine and he was friends off the court with Bill, so I met up and hung out with them a few times back in high school.

I had heard from a few people back in San Diego that he was fighting cancer, but didn't know it was so far advanced

RIP Bill
I lived in SD when he played for the Clippers. Used to see him jogging at PB but never talked to him. By all accounts he was a pretty cool guy.

His death should remind people that their loved ones can pass away at any time.

So one should express gratitude and love to them every day while they are still living.

I sure wish that I had.

My Dad (a SF fan) said he'd never amount to much. He called him a fragile hippie vegan that lacked protein. LOL

I liked his playing and thought he was a huge asset to the Trailblazers. RIP

I lived in SD when he played for the Clippers. Used to see him jogging at PB but never talked to him. By all accounts he was a pretty cool guy.
He was. I remember his time with the Clippers, saw him play there a few times at the now defunct San Diego Sports Arena.

That Boston Celtics team is the best of all time

And even if it isnt its my all time favorite

RIP Bill

He had a huge stuttering problem but he overcame it !!

I always stuttered my first sentence only 😞😞

Forum List

Back