Bling

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Man throws Rolex watch on roof to wind-up robber

A quick-thinking business owner has described the moment he threw his £10,000 Rolex watch on to a roof to stop it being stolen.

Mark Ewart, 57, was leaving work in Basildon, Essex, when he was threatened by a knifeman demanding his designer watch.

As he took it off his wrist, he surprised the robber by lobbing it on to a nearby roof.

I have never been one to covet expensive brands and I generally have little sympathy when I read about these types of robbery.

But then I started thinking about " stuff" I own and I am afraid in certain areas I am just as much a brand follower as as Youtube Influencer.

I only wear Adidas trainers, (Gazelles these days) others are just as comfortable I suppose but dont just feel right.

I only buy Hotter shoes on my chiropodists advice. They look ok and they are super comfortable.

I only drive Mitsubishi cars because I find them most reliable.

The list could go on but I suppose its on a lot smaller scale than Gucci, Rolex and its like.

Does a brand make a difference to you ?

A quick-thinking business owner has described the moment he threw his £10,000 Rolex watch on to a roof to stop it being stolen.

Mark Ewart, 57, was leaving work in Basildon, Essex, when he was threatened by a knifeman demanding his designer watch.

As he took it off his wrist, he surprised the robber by lobbing it on to a nearby roof.

I have never been one to covet expensive brands and I generally have little sympathy when I read about these types of robbery.

But then I started thinking about " stuff" I own and I am afraid in certain areas I am just as much a brand follower as as Youtube Influencer.

I only wear Adidas trainers, (Gazelles these days) others are just as comfortable I suppose but dont just feel right.

I only buy Hotter shoes on my chiropodists advice. They look ok and they are super comfortable.

The list could go on but I suppose its on a lot smaller scale than Gucci, Rolex and its like.

I only wear Nike shoes now. My last three pairs of tennis shoes have been Nike, and they're the most comfortable I've had. They've taken only 2-3 days to break in. I also prefer Hanes underwear briefs, they're the most comfortable I've worn. Fruit of the Loom would be my backup brand.

In short...YES. Brand makes a difference because quality is a real thing. There is a quality difference between brands. I did not realize this until I was married and my wife took the time to instruct me on the finer points of high quality goods. It was eye opening. There is also personal preference. As I grow older I PREFER that things last.
You REALLY do get what you pay for...most of the time.

I only wear Nike shoes now. My last three pairs of tennis shoes have been Nike, and they're the most comfortable I've had. They've taken only 2-3 days to break in. I also prefer Hanes underwear briefs, they're the most comfortable I've worn. Fruit of the Loom would be my backup brand.

Agree on the Hanes, boxer briefs but New Balance on sneaks

Forum List

Back