blm wants to defund school police

Armed school resource officers have a bigger job than that.

If you're talking about security guards, I have no issues with that.

But, police have a very specific jobs. Police deal with crime. They have no business making sure kids have bathroom passes or doing searches of students. Police are far too over-trained to be hall monitors.

If you're talking about security guards, I have no issues with that.

But, police have a very specific jobs. Police deal with crime. They have no business making sure kids have bathroom passes or doing searches of students. Police are far too over-trained to be hall monitors.
I see no problem with a cop assign to be a School Resource Officer.

There often is crime in our schools.

I see no problem with a cop assign to be a School Resource Officer.

There often is crime in our schools.

There are crimes everywhere ... in shopping centers, libraries, and convents ... that is why cops patrol areas and respond to calls.

You took the words right out of my mouth. We shouldn't have police patrolling schools. What we should be doing is permanently removing the troublemakers. While the idea that every child deserves an education is a noble goal, it's the dog chasing its tail. Some people simply can't be saved. If we started taking out the trash in our schools imagine how much better the education quality would become.
Exactly what is this trash you speak of?

There are crimes everywhere ... in shopping centers, libraries, and convents ... that is why cops patrol areas and respond to calls.
according to this link removing SROs didn’t work out well.

As the defund the police movement spread across the country like wildfire in 2020, school resource officers' budgets were slashed and many officers were removed from hallways. Nearly two years later, that’s beginning to change as crimes swell in public schools.

"I think what you're seeing and the reaction from these school districts is exactly what we're seeing in almost every major city in this country: Everybody's having buyer's remorse for defunding the police," Fraternal Order of Police National Vice President Joe Gamaldi told Fox News Digital on Monday.

***snip***

In Montgomery County, Maryland, schools welcomed students back to campus this school year without officers patrolling the hallways for the first time since 2002. Instead, they had "community engagement officers" who patrol areas near the schools.

In the first four months of class, a staggering 1,688 911 calls were made. All in all, there have been 102 sex assaults, 87 assaults, 82 school threats, 76 controlled substance incidents, 57 weapon-related incidents, 57 conflicts, 35 mental health incidents, 28 property crimes and four robberies between August and February in the schools, 7News reported.

The crimes hit a fever pitch when a shooting rang out at Magruder High School in the county on Jan. 21, which intensified calls from the community to get police back on campus.

Now, the district is working on a plan to increase police presence at schools, though not to previous SRO levels.

Actually, I agree with this one. Any school that requires full time police is a failure and parents should remove their kids.

Or, the parents should raise kids that don't end up making a school want a full time police officer.

Forum List

Back