Blueprint and Bombing North Carolina

Letter: Fitzsimon column
Friday
Posted May 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM Updated May 10, 2013 at 1:49 PM

The Sun Journal has started running a column every Sunday from Chris Fitzsimon of NC Policy Watch. Did the editor know that the newspaper is being duped into running this commentary on behalf of a large network of liberal non-profits in N.C. being paid for by George Soros and other progressives?

By Shirley Scott, New Bern

The Sun Journal has started running a column every Sunday from Chris Fitzsimon of NC Policy Watch. Did the editor know that the newspaper is being duped into running this commentary on behalf of a large network of liberal non-profits in N.C. being paid for by George Soros and other progressives? Groups affiliated with Blueprint NC, such as NC Policy Watch, were recently caught “red-handed” and reported in the Charlotte Observer, Feb. 27, with a leaked strategy memo originated from a meeting America Votes and Blueprint NC held in December 2012. This memo’s plan is to “eviscerate the (Republican) leadership and weaken their ability to lead.” They suggest that efforts should concentrate on “crippling their leaders” (McCrory, Tillis, Berger, etc.) and to “use private investigators and investigative reporting, especially in the executive branch. ...” They use deceptive tactics to destroy their opponents. Is NC Policy Watch paying for this column? If the Sun Journal does know what the “game plan” is, why hasn’t the editor disclosed to subscribers what the intent of these Fitzsimon columns are about? Every Sunday, this guy spews his rhetoric about how bad our leaders are, following the strategy memo. The majority voters of this state put them in office and I say give them a chance. When I see this column on Sundays, it makes me sick. Be honest with the readers of this newspaper about who this guy is and what he’s spewing every Sunday! This column never appeared until the legislature changed hands, and we elected a Republican governor. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

A letter to the editor -- with no link --- from three years ago --- about nothing related to Hillsborough at all whatsoever.

:dig:

A nonprofit organization in North Carolina funded by progressive mega-donor George Soros

Link for this is where?

Your own OP lists a total of nine funding sources filed with the IRS, most of which are local and none of which are associated with a "George Soros".

Your own OP. Which you wrote.

:dig:

Forum List

Back