Greenland's ice sheet has melted during our current ice age. It could melt again

If he actually believed what he was selling he would never have bought it in the first place.
He was not the president as he had hoped to be. He was not able to gain enough votes to be a clear winner.
He took his claims so seriously that he bought a mansion in an area that was supposed to be underwater 10 years ago. He took it so seriously that he rode around from engagement to engagement in a a personal jet.
Did you ever see his prediction for the rise of CO2? By 2020 it was projected to be three times that amount.
He has followers like you.
China is predicting 4 coal fired power plants each year for the next ten years. They are only behind per capital because a large amount of the country is still so rural that they do not have decent transportation or in a lot of cases electricity.
Sea levels were at points in the past 8 to 10 meters higher then present day. Was that industrial co2 production? At one time they were 8 to 10 meters lower then present day since we are finding ruins below sea level.

If he actually believed what he was selling he would never have bought it in the first place.
Why not? Even were the worst case scenarios to come true, that property wouldn't be threatened for well over a century. He's not going to live that long. He might as well enjoy it while he can.
He was not the president as he had hoped to be.
That hardly makes his political career a failure. You're clutching at straws here buddy.
He was not able to gain enough votes to be a clear winner.
I lived in Florida through that election. The final tally (post-election) showed he lost the state by 583 votes. However, if you recall, Palm Beach County used something called the Butterfly Ballot, which arranged the large number of presidential candidate's names in a confusing manner. That ballot design led several thousand Florida voters to cast votes for Pat Buchanan that they had intended for Gore. That conclusion is fully accepted by Buchanan himself who received a ridiculous number of votes in heavily-Democratic Palm Beach County. That is why Al Gore lost that election.
He took his claims so seriously that he bought a mansion in an area that was supposed to be underwater 10 years ago.
Al Gore's estate in Montecito is almost two miles from the beach and at 500 feet elevation. Unless you're talking about the folks who thought California was going to slide into the sea, he is not at any risk for sea level rise for quite some time.
He took it so seriously that he rode around from engagement to engagement in a a personal jet.
Did you ever see his prediction for the rise of CO2? By 2020 it was projected to be three times that amount.
He has followers like you.
China is predicting 4 coal fired power plants each year for the next ten years. They are only behind per capital because a large amount of the country is still so rural that they do not have decent transportation or in a lot of cases electricity.
Sea levels were at points in the past 8 to 10 meters higher then present day. Was that industrial co2 production? At one time they were 8 to 10 meters lower then present day since we are finding ruins below sea level.
We have a higher per capita CO2 emission rate because of the difference in the lifestyles of the average American and the average Chinese.

Why not? Even were the worst case scenarios to come true, that property wouldn't be threatened for well over a century. He's not going to live that long. He might as well enjoy it while he can.

That hardly makes his political career a failure. You're clutching at straws here buddy.

I lived in Florida through that election. The final tally (post-election) showed he lost the state by 583 votes. However, if you recall, Palm Beach County used something called the Butterfly Ballot, which arranged the large number of presidential candidate's names in a confusing manner. That ballot design led several thousand Florida voters to cast votes for Pat Buchanan that they had intended for Gore. That conclusion is fully accepted by Buchanan himself who received a ridiculous number of votes in heavily-Democratic Palm Beach County. That is why Al Gore lost that election.

Al Gore's estate in Montecito is almost two miles from the beach and at 500 feet elevation. Unless you're talking about the folks who thought California was going to slide into the sea, he is not at any risk for sea level rise for quite some time.

We have a higher per capita CO2 emission rate because of the difference in the lifestyles of the average American and the average Chinese.
You seem to have a slight problem so I will take my time to explain things in very simple terms.
First off we will start off with something that your cult may not have made you aware of. Plants take in CO2 and release oxygen. Whether by design or accident ( not going into that here) that has kept this planet viable for many centuries. Now ask yourself how many millions of acres of rainforest has been destroyed. One of the names given to the rainforests was the lungs of the earth. How many acres of forest has been replaced by housing and parking lots. I hope you can process the fact that if you damage your lungs enough you will die.
Second if someone goes around claiming that there is going to be an 8.5 magnitude earthquake in Oklahoma City and then buys up a mansion in that city then I find that a bit suspicious.
If someone runs around waving thier arms in the air claiming that a 10 ton meteor is going to hit the earth in a week and nothing happens in a month. Then I tend to be sceptical. If they claim a 9 ton asteroid will hit in a week and nothing happens again I become even more sceptical. Considering there have been almost 90 times that so called experts have predicted certain events that have not come true I am a bit sceptical. Such as all the glaciers in glacier national park would be gone.
You seem to be missing the two most important parts first off they are planing about 40 new coal fired plants. Second they are up and coming and some of their cities are more polluted then ours ever were.
But hey do not let me try and dissuade you from your cult.
Do I think that we need to lower emissions? Yes.
Do I think that you and others have the answers? No far from it.
I actually believe that your cult are slightly unhinged

Were all of Greenland's ice cap to melt, it would raise sea levels by tens of feet. New ice coring that has reached through the ice and found evidence of vegetation underneath, more recently than once thought, shows that it is indeed possible.

"This suggests" in your introduction shows it is just a suggestion and not factual. It is not terrifying at all.

I suspect if waters got that high, you'd find neither a venue for your advertisement nor a functioning monetary system or legally enforceable property laws. It would look like Mad Max or perhaps The Road.
"I suspect" means you do not have any idea.

Of course it's possible. Happened naturally in the previous interglacial periods. Climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hall marks of our bipolar glaciated world because the present temperature is close to the temperature threshold for extensive northern hemisphere continental glaciation. For the past 3 million years the northern hemisphere has cycled from glaciating to deglaciating. When the northern hemisphere glaciates the planet cools. When the northern hemisphere deglaciates the planet warms.
How dare you not act terrified. It is clearly his aim to terrify posters.

You seem to have a slight problem so I will take my time to explain things in very simple terms.
First off we will start off with something that your cult may not have made you aware of. Plants take in CO2 and release oxygen. Whether by design or accident ( not going into that here) that has kept this planet viable for many centuries. Now ask yourself how many millions of acres of rainforest has been destroyed. One of the names given to the rainforests was the lungs of the earth. How many acres of forest has been replaced by housing and parking lots. I hope you can process the fact that if you damage your lungs enough you will die.
Second if someone goes around claiming that there is going to be an 8.5 magnitude earthquake in Oklahoma City and then buys up a mansion in that city then I find that a bit suspicious.
If someone runs around waving thier arms in the air claiming that a 10 ton meteor is going to hit the earth in a week and nothing happens in a month. Then I tend to be sceptical. If they claim a 9 ton asteroid will hit in a week and nothing happens again I become even more sceptical. Considering there have been almost 90 times that so called experts have predicted certain events that have not come true I am a bit sceptical. Such as all the glaciers in glacier national park would be gone.
You seem to be missing the two most important parts first off they are planing about 40 new coal fired plants. Second they are up and coming and some of their cities are more polluted then ours ever were.
But hey do not let me try and dissuade you from your cult.
Do I think that we need to lower emissions? Yes.
Do I think that you and others have the answers? No far from it.
I actually believe that your cult are slightly unhinged
I have worked now for many months trying to get him to stop trying to terrify the United States of America. He has a unhealthy compulsion.

Forum List

Back