Things Are Getting Even Better

Bond losses are because they bought them when interest rates were low, not expecting interest rates to rise.

That's always a risk. Investors thought high prices for bonds would go on forever. But they were stupid as I predicted long ago in my Fed bond bubble doomsday machine topic.

However, they aren't entire stupid:

Why regional banks are now willing to take billions in losses

Some cash from these sales is being used to buy new bonds that lenders hope will perform well as rates come down in the coming months or years. The Fed is expected to start cutting rates as early as September.

“If they’ve got extra cash, bank treasurers who think we’re at the top of the cycle may decide to go ahead and lock in long-duration bonds so that once we’re in a lower-rate environment they still have a decent yield,” Feddie Strickland, an equity research analyst with Hovde Group, said.

The difference this time around is that regional banks aren’t selling lower-yielding securities to pay depositors. Instead they are preparing for interest rate cuts from the Federal Reserve.

Locking in 'the swoosh'​

Regional banks that announced bond sales in recent weeks include Pittsburgh-based PNC Financial Services Group and Charlotte-based Truist (TFC), two of the top 10 biggest lenders in the US, along with Regions (RF) and Webster (WBS). More are expected to do the same.

PNC took a half-billion dollars in losses on its bond sales and reinvented the proceeds into securities with yields "approximately 400 basis points higher than the securities sold," according to the bank.

As for commercial real estate, malls are dying thanks to Amazon and other online retailers. Office space is vacant thanks to the pandemic showing that worker productivity from home was just as high as in the office, and cheaper.

There's going to be pain.

Trump has the same problem. He had to refinance his commercial property this year. And because no banks would touch him, he had to go with an online bank which doesn't even have any physical branches. God only knows what interest rate he got jammed with.

The unemployment rate is nothing to complain about. It is still lower than it was for most of Trump's regime.

Commodities.

The rapid growth of commodities markets has drawn a wave of new entrants—such as tech-focused trading players, hedge funds, and banks, as well as players involved in mining and processing—creating a need for additional liquid and risk management offerings. In our view, this is a positive development. Such vibrant markets can both increase value pools and help facilitate the energy transition through investments in new and emerging technologies and products. Doing so could have broader benefits in terms of meeting global climate goals and building and scaling a greener, cleaner future.

Meh your copy and paste doesn't solve the problem that very well could bring your lovely economy crashing down

Where are Biden's 12 million illegals living?
Please explain how illegals are driving up the cost of housing.

I can't wait to hear how a poor immigrant is driving houses over $400,000.

This should be fun.

I should probably remind you there are 131 million households in the US.

My friends are to smart to max their credit cards. Hell, I haven't paid interest on a credit card in over 30 years.

Do you find that your friends are in credit card debt?

If you or they are having issues with credit they should maybe read this. Good luck!

Please explain how illegals are driving up the cost of housing.

I can't wait to hear how a poor immigrant is driving houses over $400,000.

This should be fun.

I should probably remind you there are 131 million households in the US.

Please explain where Biden's 12 million illegals are living?

So we have some Mexican living in extreme poverty who crawls his way to America...

...and then he plunks down $400,000 for a house.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

These tards blame EVERYTHING on Mexicans.

That's how Trump and every other demagogue succeeds. They point their fingers at a hated group and blame them for everyone's problems.

It's those damned Jews! Mexicans! Muslims!

At least I provide actual data instead of wishful thinking and nothing more to back up your desire to see America fail.

You copy and pasted, it's not your data. Keep believing everything is peaches and cream, it's not and no matter how much you flap your arms and screech it I don't believe you

Many are living in free housing built by Republican farmers.

Just turn right at the Trump 2024 sign and follow the road around the crop circle. Nice rows of migrant housing. They even have BBQs out front.

I don't think any are living in 400,000 houses they just bought though.

Who told you that?

I see what you did there. There were 11 million illegals when Trump was president.

Did you call them Trump's 11 million illegals?

Nope. Because you are a raging hypocrite.

So tell me, dipshit. Are there a lot of illegals living in nice houses in your town?

You remind me of those racists who tried to blame the 2008 crash on blacks, without ever noticing how a great number of your WHITE neighbors were defaultin.

"I had no idea Biff was a negro!"

I see what you did there. There were 11 million illegals when Trump was president.

Did you call them Trump's 11 million illegals?

Nope. Because you are a raging hypocrite.

So tell me, dipshit. Are there a lot of illegals living in nice houses in your town?

You remind me of those racists who tried to blame the 2008 crash on blacks, without ever noticing how a great number of your WHITE neighbors were defaultin.

"I had no idea Biff was a negro!"

Biden let in at least 12 million more. Where are they living?

Many are living in free housing built by Republican farmers.

Just turn right at the Trump 2024 sign and follow the road around the crop circle. Nice rows of migrant housing. They even have BBQs out front.

I don't think any are living in 400,000 houses they just bought though.

Who told you that?
In my area, the illegals live in a rundown apartment complex where the floors are bare concrete and not carpeted.

When I brought some secondhand furniture to one family, they were using scraps of carpet to sit on. No furniture.

These are the people retards like Toddster thinks are driving up home prices.

Goddam, it's amazing their bigoted fucking heads don't implode from the internal vacuum inside their skulls.

I didn't say it's all the Mexicans' fault, moron.

Biden lets in 12 million illegal aliens.
Where are they all living?
Biden did not let in 12 million illegals, dipshit.

Did Trump let in 11 million illegals?

I am trying to jumpstart some cognition in your idiot brain. Tell me, are there a lot of illegals living in $400,000 houses in your town?

You made that up. You pulled it out of your idiot bigoted fat ass.

I am trying to jumpstart some cognition in your idiot brain. Tell me, are there a lot of illegals living in $400,000 houses in your town?

You made that up. You pulled it out of your idiot bigoted fat ass.

How many illegals did Biden let in?

Nope.

I am trying to jumpstart some cognition in your idiot brain.

You'd have to start some in your brain first. DURR.

Illegals live in squalor. They came from extreme poverty and are willing to live in squalor to improve their lives and the lives of their families back home.

• Immigrants are 47 percent of farmworkers, but 76 percent of farmworkers in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 41 percent of packers, but 68 percent of packers in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 32 percent of butchers/meat processors, but 64 percent of such workers in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 28 percent of cooks, but 57 percent of cooks in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 30 percent of bakers, but 53 percent of bakers in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 29 percent of health care aides, but 52 percent of health care aids in crowded housing.
  • Immigrants are 22 percent of food prep. workers, but 50 percent of prep. workers in crowded housing.

Forum List

Back