Things Are Getting Even Better

More wishful thinking from the orange Kool-Aid drinkers.

I think 2025 is going to be a banner year.

You're dangerously close for your wonderful economy to all come crashing down.

Bank bond and loan portfolios are taking huge losses, commercial real estate is on a huge bubble with loans maturing and debt restructuring near impossible with high interest rates plus vacancies are killing real estate developers.

Unemployment is low but creeping up, the commodity markets are falling, etc etc.

Lowest unemployment in decades.

Surprise jump in retail sales casts aside recession fears

Car sales were particularly brisk, after a cyberattack disrupted purchases the previous month. There were gains across the board at restaurants and bars, as well as at stores that sell groceries, electronics, furniture and health goods.

Biden admin announces results of historic Medicare drug price negotiations that will save $6B

Say WHAT?!? I thought Biden was dead! Nobody's seen him! Except for that CBS interview this week. Except for unveiling his Medicare drug price reduction program. Except for showing up with Harris at an event yesterday. Except for his DNC speech next week. Other than that, no one has seen him!

It must have been a body double. :lol:

More good news:

Mortgage refinancing surges 35% in one week, as interest rates hit lowest level in over a year

Applications to refinance a home loan surged 35% last week, compared with the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s seasonally adjusted index. They were up a whopping 118% when compared with the same week one year ago.

And the Dow is back above 40,000 despite Donald Trump's giddy desire to see America fail. This man is sick in the head. But most of us have known that for a long time.

trump-stock-market-crashing.jpg

trump-kamala-crash.jpg
"Inflation isn't as astronomical as it was three years ago, and is still way higher than Trump had it, but this means Biden is doing a great job". Huh?

You and other maga's on this board were all for price controls when trump was President

Just to add something you all referred to Biden bullshit

Price control regulation is a necessity IN AN EMERGENCY. Like in a hurricane warning zone, you can't charge $10 for a gallon of gas.

It's not meant to CONTROL THE ECONOMY

Lowest unemployment in decades.

Surprise jump in retail sales casts aside recession fears

Car sales were particularly brisk, after a cyberattack disrupted purchases the previous month. There were gains across the board at restaurants and bars, as well as at stores that sell groceries, electronics, furniture and health goods.

Biden admin announces results of historic Medicare drug price negotiations that will save $6B

Say WHAT?!? I thought Biden was dead! Nobody's seen him! Except for that CBS interview this week. Except for unveiling his Medicare drug price reduction program. Except for showing up with Harris at an event yesterday. Except for his DNC speech next week. Other than that, no one has seen him!

It must have been a body double. :lol:

More good news:

Mortgage refinancing surges 35% in one week, as interest rates hit lowest level in over a year

Applications to refinance a home loan surged 35% last week, compared with the previous week, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s seasonally adjusted index. They were up a whopping 118% when compared with the same week one year ago.

And the Dow is back above 40,000 despite Donald Trump's giddy desire to see America fail. This man is sick in the head. But most of us have known that for a long time.

trump-stock-market-crashing.jpg

trump-kamala-crash.jpg
Most of your Democrat supporter friends are struggling to make it through the month without using their credit cards. You should care about them not just yourself.

Price control regulation is a necessity IN AN EMERGENCY. Like in a hurricane warning zone, you can't charge $10 for a gallon of gas.

It's not meant to CONTROL THE ECONOMY
Go ahead and change your story. BTW did you read the plan she is proposing, the real plan? Nothing like you may think and no goddammit I'm not going to post and do the research for you. Most magas don't research a gd think before they post I'm not doing it for them any longer.

No, not even close. I'm okay with it if, as I said, people are trying to flee a hurricane and the gas stations suddenly spike their prices $1,000 percent. That is TRUE gouging. What Malaka is proposing is not "gouging"

Heels and whoever is advising her are economic illiterates

My husband's firm is handling a lot more personal bankruptcy and credit card debt seems to be the common denominator in the majority of cases

She can cut food costs, make housing more affordable and help first time home buyers by deporting 10 million illegal aliens. And that would actually reduce government spending, instead of increasing it.

Why doesn't she do that first?
Please explain how illegals are driving up home prices.

This should be fun.

No, not even close. I'm okay with it if, as I said, people are trying to flee a hurricane and the gas stations suddenly spike their prices $1,000 percent. That is TRUE gouging. What Malaka is proposing is not "gouging"

If someone really wanted/needed to flee, they should pay more. $10, $15, $20.
That way the gas is available to them, instead of somebody who was going to
stay, going out and filling up at $4 and now none is available for you to flee.

Most of your Democrat supporter friends are struggling to make it through the month without using their credit cards. You should care about them not just yourself.
Awesome! It's like a carnival attraction.

Do me next!

Tell me how my friends are doing!

Derp derp.

You're dangerously close for your wonderful economy to all come crashing down.

Bank bond and loan portfolios are taking huge losses, commercial real estate is on a huge bubble with loans maturing and debt restructuring near impossible with high interest rates plus vacancies are killing real estate developers.
Bond losses are because they bought them when interest rates were low, not expecting interest rates to rise.

That's always a risk. Investors thought high prices for bonds would go on forever. But they were stupid as I predicted long ago in my Fed bond bubble doomsday machine topic.

However, they aren't entire stupid:

Why regional banks are now willing to take billions in losses​

Some cash from these sales is being used to buy new bonds that lenders hope will perform well as rates come down in the coming months or years. The Fed is expected to start cutting rates as early as September.

“If they’ve got extra cash, bank treasurers who think we’re at the top of the cycle may decide to go ahead and lock in long-duration bonds so that once we’re in a lower-rate environment they still have a decent yield,” Feddie Strickland, an equity research analyst with Hovde Group, said.

The difference this time around is that regional banks aren’t selling lower-yielding securities to pay depositors. Instead they are preparing for interest rate cuts from the Federal Reserve.

Locking in 'the swoosh'​

Regional banks that announced bond sales in recent weeks include Pittsburgh-based PNC Financial Services Group and Charlotte-based Truist (TFC), two of the top 10 biggest lenders in the US, along with Regions (RF) and Webster (WBS). More are expected to do the same.

PNC took a half-billion dollars in losses on its bond sales and reinvented the proceeds into securities with yields "approximately 400 basis points higher than the securities sold," according to the bank.

As for commercial real estate, malls are dying thanks to Amazon and other online retailers. Office space is vacant thanks to the pandemic showing that worker productivity from home was just as high as in the office, and cheaper.

There's going to be pain.

Trump has the same problem. He had to refinance his commercial property this year. And because no banks would touch him, he had to go with an online bank which doesn't even have any physical branches. God only knows what interest rate he got jammed with.

Unemployment is low but creeping up, the commodity markets are falling, etc etc.
The unemployment rate is nothing to complain about. It is still lower than it was for most of Trump's regime.

Commodities.

The rapid growth of commodities markets has drawn a wave of new entrants—such as tech-focused trading players, hedge funds, and banks, as well as players involved in mining and processing—creating a need for additional liquid and risk management offerings. In our view, this is a positive development. Such vibrant markets can both increase value pools and help facilitate the energy transition through investments in new and emerging technologies and products. Doing so could have broader benefits in terms of meeting global climate goals and building and scaling a greener, cleaner future.

Forum List

Back