Inflation Overload: Kamala Harris Will Propose $25,000 Govt Subsidies for First-Time Homebuyers

So are there the usual income requirements from the bank, or will Commiela dictate lower standards for the good of…..equity….so that people who cannot afford a house will get to buy it, and with no skin in the game?

The average house in New Jersey is about $530,000, which would require an income of around $150,000. So affluent earners in the top quintile would get a big taxpayer windfall?

Below is a house listed for $525,000 in New Jersey, looks quite nice to me. Should we give an affluent family $25,000 to buy this, driving up housing costs even more? The Dems’ idea of giving people OPM so they can “afford stuff” just drives prices up more!

(And before the libs scream, “no it’s for the middle class earning $80,000” - news flash: they don’t earn enough to afford a house!)

Here’s a $525,000 house in the middle New Jersey:
So a couple comes to me and they're able to make the $35,000 down because they have a $25,000 boosting payment.

I sell them the house for $650K.

They get a lawyer and sue me for price gouging. I now go to jail.... Do they still have to pay their mortgage?

So are there the usual income requirements from the bank, or will Commiela dictate lower standards for the good of…..equity….so that people who cannot afford a house will get to buy it, and with no skin in the game?

The average house in New Jersey is about $530,000, which would require an income of around $150,000. So affluent earners in the top quintile would get a big taxpayer windfall?

Below is a house listed for $525,000 in New Jersey, looks quite nice to me. Should we give an affluent family $25,000 to buy this, driving up housing costs even more? The Dems’ idea of giving people OPM so they can “afford stuff” just drives prices up more!

(And before the libs scream, “no it’s for the middle class earning $80,000” - news flash: they don’t earn enough to afford a house!)

Dang, that would be a million dollar house in California.

JD Vance: “we should have a $5,000 tax credit for new parents”
The media: “he’s working against childless Americans”
4 DAYS LATER
Kamala Harris: “let’s do $6,000”
The media: “she’s incredible”

I had a house in Kentucky almost like that. I sold it not quite 2 years ago for $230,000. NJ is obviously too expensive.

So a couple comes to me and they're able to make the $35,000 down because they have a $25,000 boosting payment.

I sell them the house for $650K.

They get a lawyer and sue me for price gouging. I now go to jail.... Do they still have to pay their mortgage?
Seems to me you can ask any price you want for a property you own, and a buyer can take it or leave it. In an economy without government interference, the market itself finds the “correct” price.

Ask too much, and you get no buyers. (Unless there’s a sucker, and that’s his fault.) Ask too little, and you’ll get a bidding war (which is sometimes an intentional strategy).

So, unless the Commiela gets in, of course you can’t get sued. It the Commie Couple get in, who knows? You can end up being charged fr just about anything.

Seems pretty logical. Pumping more money into the economy results in more inflation.
Actually depends on how you do it. EBT benefits for instance kind of pay for themselves by encouraging scale of production. At one point that would bring the prices down for everybody. However inflation has managed to erase that benefit.

Seems to me you can ask any price you want for a property you own, and a buyer can take it or leave it. In an economy without government interference, the market itself finds the “correct” price.

Ask too much, and you get no buyers. (Unless there’s a sucker, and that’s his fault.) Ask too little, and you’ll get a bidding war (which is sometimes an intentional strategy).

So, unless the Commiela gets in, of course you can’t get sued. It the Commie Couple get in, who knows? You can end up being charged fr just about anything.
Oh....the potential fuck ups in this thing are just about endless.

Oh....the potential fuck ups in this thing are just about endless.
I’m listening to the Lying Scam Artist “talk” now - she’s going on about the $25,000 downpayment and “ending the housing shortage.”

She didn’t mention where the money will come from (although I’ve been muting her on and off as the nausea starts to build). And now she’s saying that Trump’s plan will punish working people, while hers helps them.

Her entire plan is just giving money to more people. It’s the same old Dem platform - lots of promised giveaways, and with no plan as to how to pay for them.

Actually depends on how you do it. EBT benefits for instance kind of pay for themselves by encouraging scale of production. At one point that would bring the prices down for everybody. However inflation has managed to erase that benefit.
All spending “encourages” production, but it doesn’t necessarily guarantee it depending on other factors, such as labor supply and trade policy.

I’m listening to the Lying Scam Artist “talk” now - she’s going on about the $25,000 downpayment and “ending the housing shortage.”

She didn’t mention where the money will come from (although I’ve been muting her on and off as the nausea starts to build). And now she’s saying that Trump’s plan will punish working people, while hers helps them.

Her entire plan is just giving money to more people. It’s the same old Dem platform - lots of promised giveaways, and with no plan as to how to pay for them.
Yeah....clueless....it will actually make the housing shortage worse. Better to take 200 and build a house....it would have a more long lasting effect.

Forum List

Back