Harris to Propose $25,000 Assistance for First-Time Homeowners

Oh I am all for the free market. But any company that is growing or interesteed in growth will create the growth jobs to go along with it. I have worked for a few of them. So can anyone else.
Then if they are growing they can grow without government assistance.

I suspect her plan might be something along the lines of what almost every state offers in home owners assistance. Grants, low interest loans for down payments.

Down Payment Assistance By State​

Alabama​

Alaska​

Arizona​

Arkansas​

California​

Colorado​

Connecticut​

Delaware​

Florida​

Georgia​

Hawaii​

Idaho​

Illinois​

Indiana​

Iowa​

Kansas​

Kentucky​

Louisiana​

Maine​

Maryland​

Massachusetts​

Michigan​

Minnesota​

Mississippi​

Missouri​

Montana​

Nebraska​

Nevada​

New Hampshire​

New Jersey​

New Mexico​

New York​

North Carolina​

North Dakota​

Ohio​

Oklahoma​

The Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance program gives eligible borrowers 3.5% of the total loan amount, which can be put toward the house down payment and closing costs.
Applicable loan types include FHA, USDA-RD, VA or conventional loans.
Eligibility requirements include:
  • The home must be in Oklahoma
  • The home will be used as your primary residence and must be occupied within 60 days of closing
  • Cannot exceed the maximum household income requirements which vary by family size and home location
  • Minimum credit score of 640
The Homebuyer Down Payment Assistance is available through participating lenders.

Oregon​

Pennsylvania​

Rhode Island​

South Carolina​

South Dakota​

Tennessee​

Texas​

Utah​

Vermont​

Virginia​

The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (VDHCD) has a down payment assistance program for first-time buyers or those who have not owned a home in at least three years called the HOMEownership Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance program (DPA).
Borrowers can receive up to 10% or 15% of the sales price for the down payment as well as $2,500 for the closing costs.
Eligibility requirements include:
  • Borrowers must not earn more than 80% of the area median income (AMI)
  • Must get homeownership counseling and complete a HUD-certified homebuyer education course through VHDA or Neighborworks
  • Borrowers must contribute 1% of the home’s sales price from their own funds
The HOMEownership Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance program is available through participating lenders.

Washington​

West Virginia​

Wisconsin​

Wyoming​

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)​

How long does it take to get down payment assistance?​

This will depend on the state or local program you have applied to, based on the size of the program where you live and the demand for down payment assistance.

How much down payment assistance can I get?​

What credit score is needed for down payment assistance?​

How do you apply for down payment assistance?​

How much money do you need for a down payment on a house?​

What does down payment assistance cover?​

Vice President Kamala Harris will announce a comprehensive four-year strategy on Friday aimed at reducing housing costs. The plan includes a $25,000 down payment assistance program for first-time homebuyers and incentives to boost new housing construction, according to Harris-Walz campaign officials.

Harris will reveal the plan during an economic policy speech in North Carolina, CNN reported.

Damn, vote buying much?

Don’t try to drop prices by making sound financial decisions for the whole country, just print money and buy votes!

Next week:

Breaking news!.....Home prices just shot up $25,000 overnight. Economists baffled. ;)

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Very different from Dubya's push to increase minority homeownership.

Cutting one program to fund another isn’t what we need, less spending in all areas of government and higher taxes would help control debt, lower debt, stronger economy, stronger economy helps level wealth, level wealth, more are able to afford housing. $25,000 reduces the price by 8%, that doesn’t help more qualify for a home. We need to educate people on how to spend and how to go without as they build to their goals, buying votes and spending more money doesn’t help Americans, it hurts us in the long run.
Maybe. The tories tried all sort of similar tricks to spark our economy. They want a "home owning democracy" to create a tory base.

But they didnt work for a few reasons. They werent generous enough to start with. Or too complex.
My son has a saving scheme with one bank, Its a bit of a con. The interest rates are shit. He would be better off taking his cash to the track..

But the main reason it failed is because the building industry in conjunction with nimbys arent interested in uilding starter homes for young families.

They own most potential development land but they want to eke it out to keep prices high. The nimbys just dont want their own homes to lose value..

Ive been there myself. From my back door I look out over fields. The guy selling it was talking with a local builder. He was looking to build exec 4 bedroom homes.

The builder couldnt get planning permission in the end and the field was sold to a good lifer from London. . They filled the field with a few sheep and donkeys and chickens and banned all of us from cutting our hedge from their side.

They soon reversed that after the hedge got overgrown.

But the point being our housing prices are artificially high. The govt would be better off building council houses People could pay a fair rent and the local council would own aan asset.

But they arent doing that. Its a shame, but I digress.

Even the notion is disingenuous but still serves to drive up housing prices.

A $25,000 tax credit does not mean that government is giving first-time homebuyers a $25,000 check.

It means they can reduce their tax burdens with deductions by a certain amount each year until the $25,000 figure is met (generally a few thousand dollars a year).

This is all just to make dumb shit dems "think" that they are getting free money. It's just hot air because the VAST majority of those Harris is targeting never pay taxes in the first place!

Sadly it's a ploy that will work because leftist dems are, as a rule, so stupid (87 IQ) they'll think they're getting a check for $25K.

Trump has an IQ of 87.

Forum List

Back