Harris to Propose $25,000 Assistance for First-Time Homeowners

Vice President Kamala Harris will announce a comprehensive four-year strategy on Friday aimed at reducing housing costs. The plan includes a $25,000 down payment assistance program for first-time homebuyers and incentives to boost new housing construction, according to Harris-Walz campaign officials.

Harris will reveal the plan during an economic policy speech in North Carolina, CNN reported.

Damn, vote buying much?

Don’t try to drop prices by making sound financial decisions for the whole country, just print money and buy votes!

Next week:

Breaking news!.....Home prices just shot up $25,000 overnight. Economists baffled. ;)
The response will be the immediate addition of 25k to all housing sales prices....actually more since the financiers will calculate what that additional down payment money will allow in the way of loan underwriting.

It will make things worse not better.

Progs play groups within classes against each other and have for many decades.
I agree. This is money that could have gone for another billionaire tax break.

Also proposing this:
Ms. Harris’s proposals for her first 100 days in the White House include efforts to combat price gouging at the grocery store, jump-start the construction of more affordable housing, restore an expanded tax credit for parents and lower the cost of prescription drugs, according to a briefing document released by her campaign. She will call for a tax incentive to build starter homes, seek to cap the cost of insulin at $35 for all Americans and attempt to reduce the cost of health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
Its modest but better than another billionaire tax cut and Middle class benefits cut plan.

Vice President Kamala Harris will announce a comprehensive four-year strategy on Friday aimed at reducing housing costs. The plan includes a $25,000 down payment assistance program for first-time homebuyers and incentives to boost new housing construction, according to Harris-Walz campaign officials.

Harris will reveal the plan during an economic policy speech in North Carolina, CNN reported.

Damn, vote buying much?

Don’t try to drop prices by making sound financial decisions for the whole country, just print money and buy votes!

Next week:

Breaking news!.....Home prices just shot up $25,000 overnight. Economists baffled. ;)
home prices just shot up 25k. Economist baffled

Sounds like smart politics.. Buy less bombs to pay for it.
Cutting one program to fund another isn’t what we need, less spending in all areas of government and higher taxes would help control debt, lower debt, stronger economy, stronger economy helps level wealth, level wealth, more are able to afford housing. $25,000 reduces the price by 8%, that doesn’t help more qualify for a home. We need to educate people on how to spend and how to go without as they build to their goals, buying votes and spending more money doesn’t help Americans, it hurts us in the long run.

I agree. This is money that could have gone for another billionaire tax break.

Also proposing this:

Its modest but better than another billionaire tax cut and Middle class benefits cut plan.
She is half right, she doesn’t need to cut taxes, she needs to raise them on everyone, she doesn’t need to buy votes, she needs to cut spending, lower debt, is a long term solution buying votes needs to stop, it hurts Americans in the long run. We need to stop appealing to people’s greed.

She is half right, she doesn’t need to cut taxes, she needs to raise them on everyone, she doesn’t need to buy votes, she needs to cut spending, lower debt, is a long term solution buying votes needs to stop, it hurts Americans in the long run. We need to stop appealing to people’s greed.
Then end all the breaks for the "poor" like child tax credits.....Make them pay their way like everyone else.

Damn, vote buying much?

Next week:

No better way to ensure the expansion of inflation than to keep handing money out for votes to apparently fight inflation

Then end all the breaks for the "poor" like child tax credits.....Make them pay their way like everyone else.
You need to end corporate tax breaks as well. I have more sympathy for the poor than rich corporations but we need cut spending and raise taxes, we can’t spend our way out of debt.

You need to end corporate tax breaks as well. I have more sympathy for the poor than rich corporations but we need cut spending and raise taxes, we can’t spend our way out of debt.

Corporate tax breaks aren't "welfare", they are incentives to companies to act in a way that the government wants them to.

The government will never get rid of them, as its a way to control businesses.

Not me....corporations use their breaks to create jobs that the "poor" could take, but they don't want to.
Plans to help the poor are temporary until they can get on their feet....they are not meant to be a permanent means of support like dimtards have made it.

Corporate tax breaks aren't "welfare", they are incentives to companies to act in a way that the government wants them to.

The government will never get rid of them, as it’s a way to control businesses.
Government has no business controlling businesses, if a corporation cannot make it on its own, then they are gone.

Not me....corporations use their breaks to create jobs that the "poor" could take, but they don't want to.
Plans to help the poor are temporary until they can get on their feet....they are not meant to be a permanent means of support like dimtards have made it.
They use those breaks to give to their stockholders, that is who the work for, let free market capitalism work.

They use those breaks to give to their stockholders, that is who the work for, let free market capitalism work.
Oh I am all for the free market. But any company that is growing or interested in growth will create the growth jobs to go along with it. I have worked for a few of them. So can anyone else.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back