Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I just rewatched some of it

The Al Capone and Arnold Rothstein scenes are superb

The main character is greatly exaggerated

Did a great job showing all the original Italian and Jewish gangsters of the 20s: AR , Capone , Waxy Gordon , Benny Siegel , Meyer , Joe Masseria and Lucky

Last edited:
I started binge watching again also.
I am up to season 4
Some great acting

I just rewatched some of it

The Al Capone and Arnold Rothstein scenes are superb

The main character is greatly exaggerated and made up

Did a great job showing all the original Italian and Jewish gangsters of the 20s: AR , Capone , Waxy Gordon , Benny Siegel , Meyer , Joe Masseria and Lucky
I thought the main character did well:

Enoch Lewis “Nucky” Johnson was the Prohibition Era kingpin of the Atlantic City political machine who personally and professionally benefited from Prohibition, which was essentially a dead-letter law in Atlantic City. A large man, over six feet tall, Johnson was famous for wearing a red carnation in the button hole of his impeccable suits.
Johnson, who inspired the Nucky Thompson character in the HBO television series Boardwalk Empire, was the son of the sheriff of Atlantic County, a powerful regional politician in his own right. Johnson followed in his father’s footsteps and was elected Atlantic County sheriff in 1908. A year later, Johnson was appointed executive secretary of the county’s Republican Party.

As far as “ Rewatch “ goes my list includes “ Lost “ ( Again ) “ Carnivale” “Barkskins “ and “ The Prisoner “ ( Original)

Forum List

Back