Bob Beckle is a liar.

johnwk

Gold Member
May 24, 2009
Obamacare is not the law of the land as Beckel asserted on FoxNews this morning. Our Constitution is the law of the land and only those laws “made in pursuance thereof” are the supreme law of the land. There is no power granted to Congress in our Constitution to enter the states and meddle in the people’s health care needs and choices. In fact, the Tenth Amendment prohibits the assumption of such power by the federal government. Stop lying Bob Beckel and defend our Constitution and its legislative intent.

It has long been settled law that a legislative act which "impinges upon a fundamental right explicitly or implicitly secured by the Constitution is presumptively unconstitutional." See: Harris v. McRae United States Supreme Court (1980) Also see City of Mobile v. Bolden, 466 U.S. 55, 76, 100 S.Ct. 1490, 64 L.Ed.2d 47 (1980)

Tell us Mr. Beckel, is it not a fundamental right of each and every American Citizen to make their own medical and health care decisions and choices?

BTW, has anyone noticed how FoxNews had two guests on this morning to attack Sen. Cruz and defend the Washington Establishments desire to keep Obamacare?

JWK

Obamacare by consent of the governed, Article 5, our Constitution`s amendment process. Tyranny by a majority vote in Congress or a Supreme Court's majority vote

Last edited:
I was listening to Rush the other day (for probably the first time), and he actually brought up a good point. There was a time when a lot of things now deemed unacceptable were considered the "law of the land". DOMA was once considered the law of the land. Jim Crow laws were once considered the law of the land. I'm not coming out in defense or opposition to Obamacare, but to call anything "the law of the land" seems a bit ridiculous.

The mandate was ruled "constitutional" under the commerce clause. This made it a tax which congress is legally able to levy.

My question is this:

Is it not required of congress when adding a new tax to have a 2/3 majority? If I am not mistaken they did not have that when passing the mandate?

Bob Beckle is an old time Democratic Party operative, and so a fair sum of Democratic Lunacy is in his DNA.

But, he has recently made remarks that demonstrate an ability to learn that is simply not present in most Democrats. (Did Democrats learn anything at all from Detroit?)

Beckle said of the Great Society and all the welfare programs that sprung from it that they simply create dependency---generation after generation--with each generation of dependents getting larger.

He said, and I quote: "We thought we were doing the right thing, but we were wrong."

His other revelation is that Americans Muslims in this country are absolutely mute, and wrongfully so, in NOT condemning the atrocities that Lunatic Muslims are committing everywhere (in fact many Muslims are quietly cheering the loons on---and Beckle says we ought to stop for now from letting let another single damn Muslim in this country.

How many Democrats can figure out what Beckle has?

How many can admit they were wrong like Beckle did? How many can see through Political Correctness and acknowledge, like Beckle has,---that Islam is a retrograde dangerous medieval religion that is a clear enemy to any society it infests, and a distinct threat to the further progress of that society.

On a related subject, can anyone explain how Democrats came to love Muslims so much, and likewise hold Christians in so much contempt?

I'm not into religious discussions---but this phenomenon baffles me like nothing else Obama's Democratic/Bolshevisks have come up with in their attempt to emulate the failed policies of the old Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back