Bob Knight is a better leader than President Trump

D

Dim Bulb

Because Coach Knight understands that chaos in and of itself is not a strategy. It is a means to an end. Coach Knight used tools like demeaning his players and demeaning reporters in order to get his team to work together smoothly, sometimes using himself as their "enemy."

Point is, it appears that President Trump and his team are using chaos just because they think it proves something. It doesn't. In fact, tweets to Arnold, incessant (and becoming quickly boring) bashing of the media actually undermines some of the good things he is doing, like tax reform, military support, killing the F-35. These very real policy pluses are buried under a heap of steaming chaos distraction. Coach Knight knew how to use tools like these towards an end. They were never the end in and of itself. For President Trump and his people it seems like playing to the crowd with these empty grandstanding gestures is something they believe is an achievement. It isn't.

Because Coach Knight understands that chaos in and of itself is not a strategy. It is a means to an end. Coach Knight used tools like demeaning his players and demeaning reporters in order to get his team to work together smoothly, sometimes using himself as their "enemy."

Point is, it appears that President Trump and his team are using chaos just because they think it proves something. It doesn't. In fact, tweets to Arnold, incessant (and becoming quickly boring) bashing of the media actually undermines some of the good things he is doing, like tax reform, military support, killing the F-35. These very real policy pluses are buried under a heap of steaming chaos distraction. Coach Knight knew how to use tools like these towards an end. They were never the end in and of itself. For President Trump and his people it seems like playing to the crowd with these empty grandstanding gestures is something they believe is an achievement. It isn't.

Who on Trump's team did he demean?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Coach Knight demeaned his own team. His players. It was part of what we called "BK Theater." But my point is that he did it for a reason, to push them to excel. President Trump seems to do it because... well he seems to like doing it.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Coach Knight demeaned his own team. His players. It was part of what we called "BK Theater." But my point is that he did it for a reason, to push them to excel. President Trump seems to do it because... well he seems to like doing it.

That isn't what I asked, who has Trump demeaned on his own team? I don't know what you are talking about. He's demeaned leftists, he's demeaned establishment Republicans and his opposition. But who has he demeaned on his team? I can't think of anyone

ZXLTT.gif

I don't think he's intentionally creating chaos. He just is.

That isn't what I asked, who has Trump demeaned on his own team? I don't know what you are talking about. He's demeaned leftists, he's demeaned establishment Republicans and his opposition. But who has he demeaned on his team? I can't think of anyone

You're kidding, right?

And oh did people wail over Coach Knight's methods.

I'd have let our sons play for him any day...they'd come out winners

That could be, but I like to think that someone somewhere in his administration is thinking that they have a particular strategic goal in all the nonsense. And even if you are an unquestioning supporter of the President, it seems to me that you have to admit some of the stuff he is saying/doing is nonsense. Tweetfights with Arnold? Talking about ratings on TV shows? What does that do for America, what's the strategic goal he is trying to reach? To make America great again?

Maybe Trump would make a better football coach than Knight.

HA! I don't know if you've ever heard Coach Knight's takedown of football coaches, it's hilarious. He bases it all on the "prevent defense." Pretty funny stuff.

For those of us in Indiana, we always had that question. Would we let our son play for Coach Knight or Coach K at Duke? Ultimately we decided Duke because Coach Knight's training for life ultimately was the same as Coach K, but Coach K did it in a more civil way.

For those of us in Indiana, we always had that question. Would we let our son play for Coach Knight or Coach K at Duke? Ultimately we decided Duke because Coach Knight's training for life ultimately was the same as Coach K, but Coach K did it in a more civil way.

I have great admiration for Coach Knight...sad a bunch of snowflakes went after him

I have great admiration for Coach Knight...sad a bunch of snowflakes went after him

Oh I have a great admiration for him too. That's why I say he is a better leader than President Trump. But after what he did to Neil Reed, you don't really need to be a snowflake to know that he was gone. Unless your standard for "snowflake" status includes not being okay with hitting players. I guess I'm suddenly a snowflake if so!

Oh I have a great admiration for him too. That's why I say he is a better leader than President Trump. But after what he did to Neil Reed, you don't really need to be a snowflake to know that he was gone. Unless your standard for "snowflake" status includes not being okay with hitting players. I guess I'm suddenly a snowflake if so!

I was surprised to hear Reed passed away, 36 is young

you are from indiana and dont know that knight coached basketball not football?....

...by not being a leftist. Libtards can't tolerate not getting their way.

One thing for sure you couldn't compare Obama to a football coach since he throws like a girl and probably runs like a girl too.

Forum List

Back