Boehner, Do your job instead

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Opinion: Dear Speaker Boehner: Do your job instead - CNN.com

President Theodore Roosevelt enacted 1,081 executive orders during his presidency. President Dwight Eisenhower had 484. President Ronald Reagan had 381. And President George W. Bush had 291.

President Barack Obama has enacted 182 executive orders -- yet the GOP accuses him of being an "imperial president," and Republican members of the House of Representatives are preparing to sue him for violating the Constitution.

With all due respect, Speaker Boehner, it's as though the fog of extreme partisanship that has colored your dealings with President Obama since day one has suddenly turned into a full-on fever of irrationality.

Think about this for just a second: House Republicans are using taxpayer dollars to fund a lawsuit against a President who has literally done not only what every president before him has done but has done it less often and is doing so now only because House Republicans repeatedly refuse to even vote on legislation, let alone pass anything.

And you have the gall to accuse the President of being the one in violation of the Constitution?

She's way's too nice about this.

Why does the country put up with the criminal behavior of the Republicans? They don't even bother to come to work except to lie in front of the news cameras. Boehner can't even say what the grounds are for a lawsuit and/or impeachment.

Their only agenda is to bring down the country and we're just standing around letting them do it.

They've refused to vote on any and all bills. They simply refuse to do their job. They filibuster and obstruct and we suffer for it.

We make jokes about the Repubs being the Do Nothings and AMAZINGLY, people vote for the to do more nothing and then they vote themselves a damn raise for doing nothing.

WTF??

Gov't wasn't set up to "do things", give you goodies and make your life all Rainbows and Candy. For YOU or anyone else. It was setup to be chained down and its movements were made to be slow and plodding, thus forcing discussion on each task at hand, nothing to be rushed. Our Forefathers knew large, powerful governments are to be feared.

Just look at one of the few things they're really Constitutionally mandated to do: Secure the Borders. They can't do that ONE thing yet you expect them to do everything else. Immediately.

Grow up.

Opinion: Dear Speaker Boehner: Do your job instead - CNN.com

President Theodore Roosevelt enacted 1,081 executive orders during his presidency. President Dwight Eisenhower had 484. President Ronald Reagan had 381. And President George W. Bush had 291.

President Barack Obama has enacted 182 executive orders -- yet the GOP accuses him of being an "imperial president," and Republican members of the House of Representatives are preparing to sue him for violating the Constitution.

With all due respect, Speaker Boehner, it's as though the fog of extreme partisanship that has colored your dealings with President Obama since day one has suddenly turned into a full-on fever of irrationality.

Think about this for just a second: House Republicans are using taxpayer dollars to fund a lawsuit against a President who has literally done not only what every president before him has done but has done it less often and is doing so now only because House Republicans repeatedly refuse to even vote on legislation, let alone pass anything.

And you have the gall to accuse the President of being the one in violation of the Constitution?

She's way's too nice about this.

Why does the country put up with the criminal behavior of the Republicans? They don't even bother to come to work except to lie in front of the news cameras. Boehner can't even say what the grounds are for a lawsuit and/or impeachment.

Their only agenda is to bring down the country and we're just standing around letting them do it.

They've refused to vote on any and all bills. They simply refuse to do their job. They filibuster and obstruct and we suffer for it.

We make jokes about the Repubs being the Do Nothings and AMAZINGLY, people vote for the to do more nothing and then they vote themselves a damn raise for doing nothing.

WTF??

Lying again Luddly? It's Harry that's the problem.

Harry Reid's Senate Blockade
A case study in the world's greatest dysfunctional body.

The U.S. Senate failed to advance another piece of popular bipartisan legislation late Monday, and the reason tells the real story of Washington gridlock in the current Congress. To wit, Harry Reid has essentially shut down the Senate as a place to debate and vote on policy.

The Majority Leader's strategy was once again on display as the Senate failed to get the 60 votes to move a popular energy efficiency bill co-sponsored by New Hampshire Democrat Jeanne Shaheen and Ohio Republican Rob Portman. Mr. Reid blamed the defeat on Republican partisanship. But the impasse really came down to Mr. Reid's blockade against amendments that might prove politically difficult for Democrats.

Harry Reid's Senate Blockade - WSJ

Boehner is doing his job - at least in the eyes of the RNC.

He's campaigning.

Actually this President has never stopped campaigning and yet you do not mind THAT? This President violates the law and illegally uses signing statements. He picks and chooses what laws to enforce and which ones to ignore which is in DIRECT violation of his oath of Office and the Constitution.

Boehner and the House are doing their job. Some one tell that old deranged maniac that heads up the Senate to stop wanking off about the Redskins, the Koch Brothers and trying to rip a basketball franchise from a person and freaking get to work.

They note that House Republicans passed more than 200 bills in 2013, many of which Reid has refused to hold votes on in the Senate. House-passed legislation is readily dismissed as “dead on arrival” in the upper chamber, while the storyline surrounding Senate measures, such as the immigration bill, tends to focus on House speaker John Boehner “facing pressure” to hold a vote in the House.

In reality, of the 72 bills President Obama signed into law last year, only 16 originated in the Senate.

Harry Reid?s Obstructionism | National Review Online

He's campaigning.

Actually this President has never stopped campaigning and yet you do not mind THAT? This President violates the law and illegally uses signing statements. He picks and chooses what laws to enforce and which ones to ignore which is in DIRECT violation of his oath of Office and the Constitution.

I feel like nearly every post you make on this board (or at least every post you make responding to me) is a tu quoque fallacy.

Why do you think that changing the subject to Obama is some sort of golden bullet that applies in any thread?

He's campaigning.

I feel like nearly every post you make on this board (or at least every post you make responding to me) is a tu quoque fallacy.

Why do you think that changing the subject to Obama is some sort of golden bullet that applies in any thread?
Dear Leader seems to believe that whining about Boehner and the rest of congress is a golden bullet, to change the subject form his abject incompetence as a political dealer.

What goes around...

Dear Leader seems to believe that whining about Boehner and the rest of congress is a magic bullet, to change the subject form his abject incompetence as a political dealer.

What goes around...

"This guy did it first, so that means it's ok if I do it"

I remember back in kindergarten when I tried to use that excuse. My parents taught me pretty quickly how stupid it was.

Dear Leader seems to believe that whining about Boehner and the rest of congress is a magic bullet, to change the subject form his abject incompetence as a political dealer.

What goes around...

I remember back in kindergarten when I tried to use that excuse. My parents taught me pretty quickly how stupid it was.
Boehner has threatened that he is going to use his executive authority to usurp the president, on the premise of a do nothing presidency?

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

What goes around...

Boehner has threatened that he is going to use his executive authority to usurp the president, on the premise of a do nothing presidency?

No.

You are justifying your own attempts to change the subject to Obama, blaming it on Obama doing it to Boehner first.

Last edited:

No.

You are justifying your own attempts to change the subject to Obama, blaming it on Obama doing it to Boehner first.
I justify nothing.

Obama is shifting the blame for his incompetence as a political dealer and player.

For as much as I loathe the politics of a man like LBJ, at least he could be bothered to play the game and cut deals with republicans.

But not Dear leader. For him the only deal he is interested in is getting everything he wants right now, like the spoiled little child that he is. And if he does not get everything he wants, just the way he wants it, it is all the fault of republicans.

No.

I justify nothing.

Obama is shifting the blame for his incompetence as a political dealer and player.

For as much as I loathe the politics of a man like LBJ, at least he could be bothered to play the game and cut deals with republicans.

But not Dear leader. For him the only deal he is interested in is getting everything he wants right now, like the spoiled little child that he is. And if he does not get everything he wants, just the way he wants it, it is all the fault of republicans.

Yet this is a thread about Boehner, not Obama.

There are a few thousand other threads about Obama. This one is not.

Does discussing anyone on "your side" make you so uncomfortable that you just can't help yourself?

No.

I justify nothing.

Yet this is a thread about Boehner, not Obama.

There are a few thousand other threads about Obama. This one is not.

Does discussing anyone on "your side" make you so uncomfortable that you just can't help yourself?
It is about shifting of the blame for the intransigent attitude of Dear Leader onto anyone and everyone else. Boehner is simply the latest target of that blame shifting.

If your golden boy cannot sack up and play the game that he signed up to play, that is the fault of nobody but himself.

He's campaigning.

Or to Harry Reid.

How about we stay on topic?

The R does nothing. Boehner does nothing

Except of course, waste our taxes on phony votes to repeal ObamaCare and now more $$ on phony law suit.

When do you RWs demand he get off the golf course, put down the bottle and Do his job?

Why is that so much to expect of any of the Rs?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

If Boehner did his job articles of impeachment would have been filed already.

Okay, so why does just huff and puff and head to to the bar? Where's the impeachment he threatens?

Where's this law suit?

Obviously, if there were grounds, it would be done. There are no grounds, so the bums are playing the RWs for the fools they are.

When will RWs demand he actually do something?

Or to Harry Reid.

How about we stay on topic?

The R does nothing. Boehner does nothing

Except of course, waste our taxes on phony votes to repeal ObamaCare and now more $$ on phony law suit.

When do you RWs demand he get off the golf course, put down the bottle and Do his job?

Why is that so much to expect of any of the Rs?

When was the last bill passed by the HoR that was then put on the Senate calendar for debate and a vote?

Forum List

Back