Book Quotes......

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
From the Art of Living in a Meaningless Existence:

Starting as children, we seemingly sprint through life, racing out of every moment, unsatisfied with what life is and constantly looking for what life could be if we could just obtain something more or different than what we have.
Our culture overwhelms us with the reinforcement of this idea, convincing us that our purpose is to achieve, buy, own, and live idealistically perfect lives.
This delusion, however, frenzies us with an anxiety that we are then told, by culture, that we can rid ourselves of, if we just achieve a few more things, make a little more money, and buy a little more stuff.

From 12 Rules for Life:

Before you help someone, you should find out why that person is in trouble. You shouldn’t merely assume that he or she is a noble victim of unjust circumstances and exploitation. It’s the most unlikely explanation, not the most probable.

From the Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck:
The desire for more positive experience is itself a negative experience. And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one’s negative experience is itself a positive experience.

From the pages of Ashley Biden's Diary

“Hyper-sexualized @ a young age,” the page reads. “What is this due to? Was I molested. I think so – I can’t remember specifics but I do remember trauma – I remember not liking the (last name’s) house; I remember somewhat being sexualized with (another female); I remember having sex with friends @ a young age; showers w/ my dad (probably not appropriate); being turned on when I wasn’t suppose to be.”

The pages can be found in full at that site here.

The page also refers to “overhearing parents having sex” and claims, “my mother not emotionally available. My father was – message – I could get love from men.”

Forum List

Back