Zone1 Should there be limits on what people make in the United States? Some people say yes.

MSN And what would the limit be? Billions? Or Millions, since most poor people dont even have 100 dollars? Does this apply to Movie Stars? How about Black Professional Athletes who bettered themselves to make them more valuable to their sports teams while the opposite can be said about the criminal who decided it was easier to steal than work hard? How about Nancy Pelosi and her Hubby, who have made millions of dollars, insider trading? Where is the line drawn on the wealth of the United States citizens, as we have a Constitutional right to achieve greatness?

Not everyone's pursuit of happiness, is the same as the other, but everyone has the equal right to achieve it, unless the government takes that right away, in the name of equity.
The Declaration of Independence
That is certainly the goals of Marxism, i.e. that nobody be allowed to become rich while others remain poor. And there is no Marxist country in the history of the world that is not a totalitarian country that enriches only those in power and those favored by the powerful while everyone else suffers or, if they sufficiently anger those in power, are slaughtered.

On the other hand, the USA that puts no restraints on what people can keep of what they earn or legitimately acquire is the most prosperous nation in the world.

pknopp I have an old tractor that you want, you dig me a new pond, and I don't give you money (income) for your work. So I give you the tractor. How much of that tractor are you giving the tax man? A wheel and seat? Will you post them?

Or, you run my electric car company and I give you shares, say $1bn worth at current stock prices. How many will you give the taxman?

Imo taxes on $1 bn.

Why? In all honesty I’m in favor of a flat tax on FIRST GENERATION income with no deductions. However, until that happens, I’ll do everything I can to limit what I pay in taxes.

There has never been a flat tax proposed where the wealthy don’t end up paying less and the working poor paying more

MSN And what would the limit be? Billions? Or Millions, since most poor people dont even have 100 dollars? Does this apply to Movie Stars? How about Black Professional Athletes who bettered themselves to make them more valuable to their sports teams while the opposite can be said about the criminal who decided it was easier to steal than work hard? How about Nancy Pallelosi and her Hubby, who have made millions of dollars, insider trading? Where is the line drawn on the wealth of the United States citizens, as we have a Constitutional right to achieve greatness?

Not everyone's pursuit of happiness, is the same as the other, but everyone has the equal right to achieve it, unless the government takes that right away, in the name of equity.
The Declaration of Independence

Should have a limit on people gaining entry into this country your family immigrated here, should they have allowed to enter the country.

There has never been a flat tax proposed where the wealthy don’t end up paying less and the working poor paying more
First of all, the poor do need to pay more. Most pay little to nothing as it is.

I am talking about taxing ALL First Generation income at a flat rate. No deductions. No exemptions.

Now, if an individual makes all their income on second, third, etc… generation income, that should not be taxed. Just thst simple… no more than INE bite at the apple.

Pretty poor.
Sorry, I'm English using an English dictionary.

In the UK, if some talks about tax on income, it's called income tax that your employer has to deduct based on your tax allowance and the wage for that week/month etc..

There's nothing poor about that whatsoever.

Forum List

Back