Logical next step?

You idiots started this shit, now you whine when it might come back and bite you in the ass.

Oh I want Biden to use his newly created power granted him by the Supreme Court to have Trump assassinated. Treating Trump exactly the way the Supreme Court and Trump say they will treat ideological differences.

Oh I want Biden to use his newly created power granted him by the Supreme Court to have Trump assassinated. Treating Trump exactly the way the Supreme Court and Trump say they will treat ideological differences.

The SC didn't decide that you fucking nimrod.

You have completely lost whatever tenuous hold on reality you previously had.

The SC didn't decide that you fucking nimrod.

You have completely lost whatever tenuous hold on reality you previously had.

Official acts have absolute immunity. They did decide that didn’t they? Acts which might not be official have presumed immunity. Sound familiar?

Who decides what is an official act? The President. The Justice Department would have to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Court that the acts were not official business of the President. Toss a coin, see how that turns out. If the Judge says yes they were, then the DOJ is persecuting an innocent man. If the Judge says no, then the corrupt Judge is hounding an innocent man.

Kill Trump. The Supremes said it was fine. Trump said he would use military tribunals for those who opposed him. Kill him as a dictator President Biden.

Official acts have absolute immunity. They did decide that didn’t they? Acts which might not be official have presumed immunity. Sound familiar?

Who decides what is an official act? The President. The Justice Department would have to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Court that the acts were not official business of the President. Toss a coin, see how that turns out. If the Judge says yes they were, then the DOJ is persecuting an innocent man. If the Judge says no, then the corrupt Judge is hounding an innocent man.

Kill Trump. The Supremes said it was fine. Trump said he would use military tribunals for those who opposed him. Kill him as a dictator President Biden.

That's how it has ALWAYS been, but just not adjudicated because before this no one gunned for a former President like the Dems have you fucking tool.

They said no such thing, you fucking moron.

Really? I am demanding military tribunals for anyone who opposes Biden? Charges of Treason for anyone who didn’t lick his boots?

Biden should just assassinate Trump and be done with this crap once and for all. It will save millions of lives later.

You understand that is still a crime, yes?

How would it save millions of lives?
Real world.

You totally don't understand the ruling.

Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the majority opinion in the one of the final cases the court heard this term. Roberts was joined by the court’s five other conservative justices, while the three liberal justices dissented.

The Supreme Court did not say Trump has immunity in this specific case, in which the federal government has accused the former president of trying to overturn the 2020 election through his actions on Jan. 6, 2021.

“Trump asserts a far broader immunity than the limited one we have recognized,” Roberts wrote in the majority opinion, adding, “The text of the [Impeachment Judgment] Clause provides little support for such an absolute immunity.”

The Framers designed the Presidency to provide for a “vigorous” and “energetic” Executive. The Federalist No. 70, pp. 471–472 (J. Cooke ed. 1961) (A. Hamilton). They vested the President with “supervisory and policy responsibilities of utmost discretion and sensitivity.” Nixon v. Fitzgerald, 457 U. S. 731, 750.

Appreciating the “unique risks” that arise when the President’s energies are diverted by proceedings that might render him “unduly cautious in the discharge of his official duties,” the Court has recognized Presidential immunities and privileges “rooted in the constitutional tradition of the separation of powers and supported by our history.” Id., at 749, 751, 752, n. 32.

In Fitzgerald, for instance, the Court concluded that a former President is entitled to absolute immunity from “damages liability for acts within the ‘outer perimeter’ of his official responsibility.” Id., at 756.

The Court’s “dominant concern” was to avoid “diversion of the President’s attention during the decision making process caused by needless worry as to the possibility of damages actions stemming from any particular official decision.” Clinton v. Jones, 520 U. S. 681, 694, n. 19.

First, I'm not advocating for any harm to come to trump, or any of his supporters, but in the light of the recent Supreme court ruling, serious uncomfortable questions present themselves. A reasonable person might believe trumps threats to seek revenge on his opponents, as well as his offer to trade environmental protections for a billion dollars present a threat to the constitution and the wellbeing of the country. Having sworn to protect and defend the constitution, and in light of the new presidential authority, it is Biden's duty to prevent any chance of trump winning the upcoming presidential election in any way his newfound authority allows. Should Biden, exercise his newfound authority by imprisoning trump in Guantanamo, or some other way? If congress opposes such actions, they can always impeach him if they can get enough of our representatives to find him guilty.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think that it will be necessary.

It's standard practice for sentencing Judges to take into account all known information about a convicted criminal when determining the sentence. I'm hoping Judge Merchan throws the book at Trump - hopefully 34 consecutive 4 year sentences.

Trump was a dumbass for insulting Merchan's daughter!

Trump may appeal the sentence, but that could take years.

BTW - Given yesterday's SCOTUS decision, it would be easier for Biden to just drop a tactical nuke on Mar-a-largo! No great loss.

It's standard practice for sentencing Judges to take into account all known information about a convicted criminal when determining the sentence. I'm hoping Judge Merchan throws the book at Trump - hopefully 34 consecutive 4 year sentences.

BTW - Given yesterday's SCOTUS decision, it would be easier for Biden to just drop a tactical nuke on Mar-a-largo! No great loss.

You are an idiot.

The Framers designed the Presidency to provide for a “vigorous” and “energetic” Executive. The Federalist No. 70, pp. 471–472 (J. Cooke ed. 1961) (A. Hamilton). They vested the President with “supervisory and policy responsibilities of utmost discretion and sensitivity.” Nixon v. Fitzgerald, 457 U. S. 731, 750.

Appreciating the “unique risks” that arise when the President’s energies are diverted by proceedings that might render him “unduly cautious in the discharge of his official duties,” the Court has recognized Presidential immunities and privileges “rooted in the constitutional tradition of the separation of powers and supported by our history.” Id., at 749, 751, 752, n. 32.

In Fitzgerald, for instance, the Court concluded that a former President is entitled to absolute immunity from “damages liability for acts within the ‘outer perimeter’ of his official responsibility.” Id., at 756.

The Court’s “dominant concern” was to avoid “diversion of the President’s attention during the decision making process caused by needless worry as to the possibility of damages actions stemming from any particular official decision.” Clinton v. Jones, 520 U. S. 681, 694, n. 19.

None of that pertains to the criminal conviction in New York.

None of the crimes Trump committed in the New York case were remotely related to official duties of the President.

BTW - If you didn't understand that I was joking when I suggested nuking Mar-a-Largo, then you're a flaming idiot.

All true, but we are still stuck, for now, with a massive uncalled-for power for this and all future presidents. That is too big of a hazard for us to tolerate. We may never have another president as evil and dangerous as trump, but we need safeguards in case we do.

All true, but we are still stuck, for now, with a massive uncalled-for power for this and all future presidents. That is too big of a hazard for us to tolerate. We may never have another president as evil and dangerous as trump, but we need safeguards in case we do.
Nothing changed
You have been duped, again.

Revenge to some, politics as usual to others. Thank God we had at least 6 Justices who upheld the Constitution or Banana Republic democrats would be arresting president Trump for doing his job and the Country would be in chaos.

Nothing changed
You have been duped, again.
Let's see. Should I accept the evaluation of the best legal authorities, or go with the word of some anonymous idiot on the internet? I'll consider that choice and get back with you.

Let's see. Should I accept the evaluation of the best legal authorities, or go with the word of some anonymous idiot on the internet? I'll consider that choice and get back with you.

You could just read actual legal experts instead of the loons.

Forum List

Back