Boxed out: man vacates $400 rented box deemed illegal

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Lmao the libtards in San Francisco is so cruel.

My first story on this

Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

The San Francisco man who received national attention for living in a wooden box in a friend’s living room violated local housing laws and created a major fire hazard, according to city officials, who have pressured him to take down his pod and move out.

Peter Berkowitz’s story went viral after he explained in an op-ed for the Guardian that his solution to the city’s housing crisis was to pay $400 a month to live in a tiny pod that he built in his friend’s place – a semi-private wooden home with enough room for a fold-down desk, a mini bed and a reading light.

That solution, it turns out, was illegal and, according to city inspectors, very dangerous.

Much safer to be homeless, right? They don't fine people for living in their cars or a cardboard box on the street.

SF is Liberalville. Just can't believe they are so heartless.

I know it is funny when you hear about them knocking down tent cities and such, the liberals act like the homeless will just disappear or something.

My first story on this

Who has a better life? $15 hour in San Francisco?or $7.25 hour in South Carolina?

The San Francisco man who received national attention for living in a wooden box in a friend’s living room violated local housing laws and created a major fire hazard, according to city officials, who have pressured him to take down his pod and move out.

Peter Berkowitz’s story went viral after he explained in an op-ed for the Guardian that his solution to the city’s housing crisis was to pay $400 a month to live in a tiny pod that he built in his friend’s place – a semi-private wooden home with enough room for a fold-down desk, a mini bed and a reading light.

That solution, it turns out, was illegal and, according to city inspectors, very dangerous.

You didn't write the story.......

My first story on this

Then who wrote my OP?

I have ghost writers?

My first story on this

Then who wrote my OP?

I have ghost writers?
So it was an OP and not a story..ok..

Why are you picking on some minor thing instead of commenting on the story itself? This tactic gets old and only derails discussion on the topic at hand.

SF is undoubtedly a liberal city. And they are cruel to people looking for a place to live. Rent is expensive and they stop people from finding economical ways to survive.

Really, a box in a living room is dangerous. And the alternative is living on the street.

Homeless people are always told to clear out and I wonder where they are supposed to go. They exist yet aren't allowed anywhere.

Now, the government is going after people building those tiny homes. Small house living has been a growing trend that offered affordable solutions for people who just can't afford rent or a mortgage on a regular house. Why does government have such a problem with people who find a cheap way to survive?

Why are you picking on some minor thing instead of commenting on the story itself? This tactic gets old and only derails discussion on the topic at hand.

SF is undoubtedly a liberal city. And they are cruel to people looking for a place to live. Rent is expensive and they stop people from finding economical ways to survive.

Really, a box in a living room is dangerous. And the alternative is living on the street.

Homeless people are always told to clear out and I wonder where they are supposed to go. They exist yet aren't allowed anywhere.

Now, the government is going after people building those tiny homes. Small house living has been a growing trend that offered affordable solutions for people who just can't afford rent or a mortgage on a regular house. Why does government have such a problem with people who find a cheap way to survive?

Tax dollars.

I fail to see how this is any of the city's business. It's a voluntary agreement made between two consenting adults.

I agree. I'd be suing if some idiot official tried to tell me my box collection was a "fire hazard" or that our roommate couldn't stay with us in our home. City needs to 'ef off and leave these folks alone.

Forum List

Back